Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was going to go trade in but was another level of complication I couldn't handle. Lesson learned from the EV order I had before the M3.
To be honest I doubt I'll go Tesla for the trade in. My plan is to trade it in elsewhere once they give me a set delivery date. I've a garage near the house that has offered me 1k more than Tesla has so it's a bit of a no brainer, just waiting to know more as I don't want to trade the car in and have Tesla turn around and tell me the car wont be delivered until after Christmas. Would be an absolute nightmare not having a car available to me

Reactions: BevyBoy
To be honest I doubt I'll go Tesla for the trade in. My plan is to trade it in elsewhere once they give me a set delivery date. I've a garage near the house that has offered me 1k more than Tesla has so it's a bit of a no brainer, just waiting to know more as I don't want to trade the car in and have Tesla turn around and tell me the car wont be delivered until after Christmas. Would be an absolute nightmare not having a car available to me
Tesla offered us 2 k less than anywhere else for my Leaf so going to sell that privately I think. But of course still waiting for a VIN so need to keep it for the time being

Worth trying Webuyanycar and Motorway to see their offers...

Dunno if this helps, but I have just had a text from Tesla 30 mins ago (first communication since order!) Saying that I have info missing from my account (I had forgotten to tick no trade in). I hope this means a vin is heading my way soon!

My order was M3LR grey, black, aero. Ordered 12/10/21.

Hope forgetting to complete the info hasn't put me to the back of the queue!

Just checked my account and it’s now on the ‘give us some money’ stage - which means I don’t need to prompt them to shift me over to that stage (after making up the URL to book a collection last night before the elusive text).

Given everyone’s experience so far, I’ll wait until the 26th before I ask for the car reg number if it isn’t sent by then - would that appear on my account or just via a text?

I already had grant approval for the home charger..... Got that signed and sealed last month. Charge is actually going in next Thursday

On the subject of chargers, I had a Hypervolt install scheduled back in September or so. Did the SEAI pre-approval thing beforehand, all good. But then when it transpired that the car wasn't going to show up in September, I cancelled the charger install.

I guess I'd prefer to have the car there in the driveway when the charger gets installed so I can do a full test before the installer heads off, rather than getting the car afterwards and finding some issue with the charger and having to beg the guy to come back.

Just me..?

On the subject of chargers, I had a Hypervolt install scheduled back in September or so. Did the SEAI pre-approval thing beforehand, all good. But then when it transpired that the car wasn't going to show up in September, I cancelled the charger install.

I guess I'd prefer to have the car there in the driveway when the charger gets installed so I can do a full test before the installer heads off, rather than getting the car afterwards and finding some issue with the charger and having to beg the guy to come back.

Just me..?
Mines being installed next Monday, car collection isn’t until 9/12 so will be an tense moment when I get back and plug it in for the first time 😂