Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, have just looked at a comparison website for insurance quotes, around £580 (Chuchill, Privilege, Hastings Direct ) - could get £530 if I have a box fitted (uh, no, thanks). How does that compare with what you guys have found?
Peugeot came in well over £100 cheaper than anyone else for me (and wifey) at a cost of £353.92. We have 9+ years NCD, legal protection, uninsured driver cover, plus comprehensive cover. What I also recommend is that any breakdown cover is taken out separately. I looked on https://www.moneysupermarket.com/breakdown-cover/ and can get full UK coverage (including home recovery) for just £22.18 with Green Flag

Last edited:
Reactions: ScoutKaty
Yes, that's really quick 👍....I ordered on the 29th October and still haven't heard anything...maybe because my spec is more in demand so we'll have to wait longer for an available model or it's potluck whether they deliver enough in your area...🤔
Hi Folks, newbie here, lurking since Oct. Same for me with an Oct order. Any M3P VINs appeared for orders placed in Oct? I've not heard anything yet, hopefully some lucky people on here have

Peugeot came in well over £100 cheaper than anyone else for me (and wifey) at a cost of £353.92. We have 9+ years NCD, legal protection, uninsured driver cover, plus comprehensive cover. What I also recommend is that any breakdown cover is taken out separately. I looked on https://www.moneysupermarket.com/breakdown-cover/ and can get full UK coverage (including home recovery) for just £22.18 with Green Flag
I'm now getting a lower price via Direct Line with all the bells & whistles and a lower excess. All good stuff!

Reactions: MrT3
I'm trading in my 15 plate CLS and Tesla offered the best trade in price. Only reduced it slightly when I sent pictures through and still a better price that anywhere else I'd looked / tried and definately a.lot less hassle that trying to juggle a timely sale!

I did some research and has been said a cursory glance you have dropped a car off, VC5 and two keys seems to be the norm. None of this tyre kicking and teeth sucking you get from others so 🤞
Tesla must like Mercs, my 18 plate A class also got the best price! And similarly I also appreciated less hassle…

Reactions: JonP73
I'm now getting a lower price via Direct Line with all the bells & whistles and a lower excess. All good stuff!
According to Martin Lewis (from Money Saving Expert) the best time to get an insurance quote is 23 days before it goes live. I'm not sure why, but he says that's when quotes are statistically at their lowest. I suppose any earlier and your too lean and excitable and any later you're disorganised and more likely to crash! 😜

Interesting, have just looked at a comparison website for insurance quotes, around £580 (Chuchill, Privilege, Hastings Direct ) - could get £530 if I have a box fitted (uh, no, thanks). How does that compare with what you guys have found?
I’ve found these Tesla’s are quite expensive to insure. Admiral wanted over a thousand for it. Bearing in mind my BMW M2 Competition is around £640 with them. Direct line through the Tesla link is £800 for me (26k miles a year, business use).

I’ve found these Tesla’s are quite expensive to insure. Admiral wanted over a thousand for it. Bearing in mind my BMW M2 Competition is around £640 with them. Direct line through the Tesla link is £800 for me (26k miles a year, business use).

I've just refreshed my quotes now I have a delivery date. Peugeot still miles ahead - roughly like for like cover, DirectLine £725 to Peugeot's £309.

The registration number that I got few days back from Tesla CS doesn’t appear to be recognised by the insurance company. Delivery due 30th. Anyone else had this issue?
Like any ‘dealership’ Tesla UK have a list of number plates assigned to them, which they allocate to customer cars (that’s why they know what Reg yours will be, now). But they only register the car with DVLA a day before delivery. So it won’t compute with any insurance company until the car is officially registered. This is normal for just about any car brand.

Reactions: Shakb
With Tesla through Direct line, My SR+ is 526 for standard fully comp and 576 for the plus.
Compared to the old car which from the AA cost me about 560 ish for a 15 plate Auris TS.
AA quote for the Tesla was £3000 lol