Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just refreshed my quotes now I have a delivery date. Peugeot still miles ahead - roughly like for like cover, DirectLine £725 to Peugeot's £309.
Yep I’m going with Peugeot, £580, Protected NCD.

Apparently they send a set of Peugeot badges and clear instructions on how to remove the Tesla ones with every policy. ☺️

Interesting, have just looked at a comparison website for insurance quotes, around £580 (Chuchill, Privilege, Hastings Direct ) - could get £530 if I have a box fitted (uh, no, thanks). How does that compare with what you guys have found?
We got quotes from the same price range - And I did see that £533 quote (if you had a box included, no thank you haha).

We are deciding to continue with our current provider and will be paying £97 and the insurance will be transferred over from our BMW X1 to our Tesla Model 3 SR+.

Oh and in insurance I'm hoping to call my current provider (LV) this afternoon to see what their price is to flip to tye M3 ....
Just off the phone to LV - my CLS was £492 - they want an extra £110 to change to the M3 for the remainder of tye policy (June 22).

A full years premium would.be c£680. That's with full NCD, a pay out for a right off 4 years ago, wife as named driver and business use on 10k miles a year

Reactions: ScoutKaty
Just off the phone to LV - my CLS was £492 - they want an extra £110 to change to the M3 for the remainder of tye policy (June 22).

A full years premium would.be c£680. That's with full NCD, a pay out for a right off 4 years ago, wife as named driver and business use on 10k miles a year
I swear LV don't won't any more business, as I've moved 4 policies away from them this year due to excessive price hiking on renewals (cars and house).

I’ve found these Tesla’s are quite expensive to insure. Admiral wanted over a thousand for it. Bearing in mind my BMW M2 Competition is around £640 with them. Direct line through the Tesla link is £800 for me (26k miles a year, business use).
Ouch! That's what my 18yr old is paying for his 2nd year of driving an old Corsa! 😆
The M3LR is also more 'cause value (of course).

We got quotes from the same price range - And I did see that £533 quote (if you had a box included, no thank you haha).

We are deciding to continue with our current provider and will be paying £97 and the insurance will be transferred over from our BMW X1 to our Tesla Model 3 SR+.
Will try that next, ask current provider for quote to change existing policy. 👍

Reactions: LeSloth
I swear LV don't won't any more business, as I've moved 4 policies away from them this year due to excessive price hiking on renewals (cars and house).

Interesting and must be horses for courses - they were great when I claimed for my right off and were cheapest renewal after it as well. I'll pay the additional until the end of the policy and then shop around 😁

And just managed to get through to CS !

I rang to see if / when they would have my reg allocated and advised 2/3 weeks ahead of collection.

Whilst on I took the opportunity to ask about which variant I'm getting ......

305 miles range
"Old motor" so "faster" / "old" [email protected] seconds
Heated rear seats
Heated steering wheel

Well chuffed 😁👌

Same, tesla offered me £29k on my C class which cost me £23k in April. Everywhere else was around £27k. Love the car, never had any intentions of selling it until I saw the money i would make. No brainer really.
I think we are establishing a pattern here folks 😁

My trade in offer increased significantly in just 3 months. Tesla/BCA offered lowest of any quote in June, to offer highest in Oct. I didn’t plan to part ways with the baby Benz until next year, but now I’ve taken the plunge.

Reactions: OddityError
Like any ‘dealership’ Tesla UK have a list of number plates assigned to them, which they allocate to customer cars (that’s why they know what Reg yours will be, now). But they only register the car with DVLA a day before delivery. So it won’t compute with any insurance company until the car is officially registered. This is normal for just about any car brand.
That’s cleared things up. Much appreciated 👍

Finally showing 5 days later, coincidentally while I was on hold to Tesla… only 2 weeks to delivery!
Just paid the non-financed part of the purchase (after asking loads of Starling Bank questions about fraud...yawn...), got the PDF of the payment from Starling and emailed them...whilst slipping in 'hey, know what my number plate is?'...no response yet but my account showed as paid within around 30 mins of the payment....so who knows what they're doing, or what my number plate is...