Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it’s of any use, ordered with zenith 2.5 weeks ago, it took that long for them to actually order it with Tesla. So actually ordered yesterday.
RN starts with 1160.
Then rang Tesla, helpful chap called Andrew I think. Said he was 99% sure I’d be looking at Feb/ March. Unless I check the inventory every 2 minutes, found a car, called them, and tried to get my RN attached to it. In all reality, I expect the lease (salary sacrifice) company aspect probably stops that being possible.
Anyhow, to sum up, it seems ive literally missed the boat(s) full of Tesla LRs that I was “promised” when I ordered as it seems the admin from pressing go to actually getting a proper order is a 2 week job.
Hope that’s of some use to any zenithers/ people with 166 on their RN number.

Turns out I’ve had a missed-call from Tesla. Tried ringing back but the was on hold for long enough for their robot switchboard to give-up and hang up on me. At work so didn’t get the chance to try again. Checked online, nothing’s changed as far as I can see. I assume they’ll try me again if it’s important, kind of freaking out a bit now! They could’ve left a voicemail at least?!

How long have people waited after paying their deposit before it shows in your account? I sent a big payment on Monday and it still isn’t showing…getting mildly concerned…
Just paid ours today, husband called up the bank and transferred the money. I was a bit worried as the merchant name and reference that appeared in our bank account was weird, but within 2-3 hours, our Tesla account refreshed (we haven’t even sent the screenshot to Tesla) with a check mark on payment, and just to prepare for the delivery.

Better check with your bank and Tesla CS as well.

were they able to quote just based on VIN?

Davide from the email support said to expect number plate 'within the end of November' but want to follow the MSE guidance of getting it sorted in the next week...will be faffing with the whatever plate I get then swapping for my personalised one shortly after anyway so will have to talk to whoever insures me.

Held off contacting them so far...but it said to upon payment, so thought I'd slip in an extra question ;)
I did online quotes and selected the 'make and model' (or similar) link adjacent to the registration plate box. The rest of the quote is exactly the same and is then (generally) valid for 30 days so you can take out whichever policy you decide upon by merely calling them when you have the registration plate no. It won't be live with DVLA until collection/delivery day but insurance folks are aware of this so will activate on the correct day.

I received notification of my registration some 16 days before collection, so in good time 👍

If it makes anyone feel better I’m being quoted over £1,600 for my SR+. Double that for an LR.

Clean record. 7 years no claims bonus.

My previous car (BMW 6 Series GT M Sport Plus XDrive 3L) was £800 to insure!
Just to show how ridiculous the insurance companies are: 9+ years NCB protected, Fully Comp, cover against uninsured drivers:
The (best) quote that I have accepted with Peugeot is £353.92
The (worst) quote I declined was with Saga and was £3942.53 ... guess they aren't interested in insuring Tesla's 😂🤣😂

• Funny
Reactions: Eco Boy and Shakb
Does anyone know why Peugeot insurance is SO much cheaper? I used a comparison website (go compare) and direct line and the quotes were in the £750-900 range (depending on excess, terms etc). Peugeot is coming to £400 (with all the bells / whistles). Seems like it's too good to be true!

Ordered 22 Oct, VIN 11 Nov, Delivery ?
M3 LR Red / Black, Sports wheels
Maybe they are just cutting their profit margin for increased business volumes. They are certainly getting a pretty decent airing (marketing) here (with the exception of 1 person). I have gone with them and also have all the bells & whistles

Reactions: GraGor
Wow, I also ordered 29 Oct...M3 LR MSM BLK interior Aero wheels cash buyer...what spec did you order?... I know sometimes this makes a difference in delivery including where you want it to be delivered... they offered me Tesla Reading which I found a bit strange as no one else has mentioned this as collection center 🤔
Mine is a pretty standard M3 sr+ MSM black interior and aero wheels. It’s being delivered to the showroom in Belfast so I imagine it’s a couple of extra days from the south of England ones.

Maybe they are just cutting their profit margin for increased business volumes. They are certainly getting a pretty decent airing (marketing) here (with the exception of 1 person). I have gone with them and also have all the bells & whistles

I noted that it was a lot cheaper too but also spotted they weren’t including some of the typical extras others do automatically like legal cover and guaranteed hire car etc. Make sure it’s like for like cover.

Reactions: Field Marshall
Just to show how ridiculous the insurance companies are: 9+ years NCB protected, Fully Comp, cover against uninsured drivers:
The (best) quote that I have accepted with Peugeot is £353.92
The (worst) quote I declined was with Saga and was £3942.53 ... guess they aren't interested in insuring Tesla's 😂🤣😂
Wow you win 😂. My best was £413 with Peugeot and worst was Esure at £2800! Also full no claims