Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, hoping someone can help with a couple of questions.

Got a text tonight from Tesla saying that my car is due for delivery on the 15th Dec and to text back my full address to receive confirmation. I have text back but should I get a response to say that have received it, anyone been through this and can confirm?

Secondly, what is the best way to speak to someone about the delivery? Could someone confirm if there is an email or best to call ?

My car, M3P, is via a lease so been told nothing will appear in my Tesla account / logo so I have no information other than what I get on the text !

Thanks all.

Got a text tonight from Tesla saying that my car is due for delivery on the 15th Dec and to text back my full address to receive confirmation. I have text back but should I get a response to say that have received it, anyone been through this and can confirm?

Secondly, what is the best way to speak to someone about the delivery? Could someone confirm if there is an email or best to call ?

My car, M3P, is via a lease so been told nothing will appear in my Tesla account / logo so I have no information other than what I get on the text !

Thanks all.
You can call 01628 450660 - Option 4 is about delivery questions!

That's not a Tesla thing, it's pretty standard on all car loans as the ownership is technically retained by the loan company; whether that's Tesla, Black Horse etc. I would imagine half the people that go aboard in their cars are breaking this part of their finance agreement and don't even realise as its not very clearly advertised.
Yes, from what I gathered today it's not only Tesla, but I don't think all car loans are like that. This for example doesn't seem to be:

If I am reading it correctly, they are lending you money, but you are the car owner not them.

Reactions: khew1988
M3 (SR+ when ordered) Collection due on 25th Nov from Southampton ordered 27th September.

Just had a chat with CS to get my reg number, thought I’d ask the age old question on battery v acceleration and was told I have a unicorn - 5.3s acceleration and 305 range battery.

I have the J motor so still unable to determine whether A or J motor type has any bearing or whether just it’s any of the Q4 M3 deliveries that have the interim configuration.
Just for added confusion I’ve got J and I was told I had the slower 0-60. Don’t think I have the 🦄

Thanks all.
I never got a response on my reply for over a week. I think I chased via chat maybe a week or so later and they confirmed they’d received it.

Just called Tesla to try and get a Reg No. as collecting 4th Dec. and got the helpful Michael. He said they are working through allocating the cars for 1st week of December collections, so if you car is due to be collected in the 1st week, might be worth giving them a call to force it through, sent me a text confirming it whist on the phone to them.
I also spoke to the helpful Michael today. My RWD ordered 28 Sept with a delivery date of 9 Dec at Bluewater doesn’t yet have a reg but I should have it in the next 7 days. My ‘A’ class VIN will have the longer range, heated steering wheel and rear heated seats apparently…

Anyone know of a good online store that sells type 2 cables? Having my home charger installed tomorrow and given the distance from the install point to the driveway I'm gonna have to get a 7m cable at a minimum, finding them difficult to come by. Either ridiculously expensive or sold out...
I bought a 7.5m branded cable from Tesla for £100 delivered not sure what that would be in Euro

Yes, from what I gathered today it's not only Tesla, but I don't think all car loans are like that. This for example doesn't seem to be:

If I am reading it correctly, they are lending you money, but you are the car owner not them.

Yes I think it is only loans directly from the manufacturer that tend to be like this as they retain the technical ownership of the car up until you make that final payment. Whereas a loan from the Post Office puts the money straight in to their sticky hands so they then don’t care where you drive.

Reactions: stiopa
Evening all,

Do Tesla charge the vehicles prior to collection/delivery or is it whatever comes of the boat is the battery. Given it would be at sea for two days assuming still active and leaving Shanghai at 100% It would seem the comments made upon delivery/collection is circa 50-60% battery left. Am i wrongly assuming a battery starts it life at 100%

Evening all,

Do Tesla charge the vehicles prior to collection/delivery or is it whatever comes of the boat is the battery. Given it would be at sea for two days assuming still active and leaving Shanghai at 100% It would seem the comments made upon delivery/collection is circa 50-60% battery left. Am i wrongly assuming a battery starts it life at 100%
SoC at delivery / collection is a lottery.

You should have learnt by now that Tesla like to keep you guessing. 😁

0A8A9796-CFFA-49E2-A9DF-2C098E6C35E0.jpeg
Good to see your presence again 😃

I think they say a minimum of 7 days prior to delivery iirc
I’m kinda here but not here.

30c in St Lucia! Trying to not think about anything Tesla until I’m back.

Yeah I don't doubt it - I've got a claim saved with them for when I get my reg - just odd that the CS person for them appears to be clueless
Guys let’s not go down this dog shitty path again.

Odds are, eco boy bashed in a reg plate, realised they didn’t recognise it and then made the claim on the forum that Peugeot don’t insure teslas and then everyone on here has a f.mental break down.

They do insure teslas. Anyone that claims otherwise are being a melt