Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a bit of an usual situation.

Ordered M3 LR black/black on 19th September, and arranged to pick up from Bluewater on the 2nd Dec. Payment was a mix of deposit, tesla loan and trade in. At the end of last week, everything was ready to go; loan agreement signed, zero outstanding balance, reg number received, insurance arranged…

At the weekend I got an email saying my trade in offer had expired, followed by several texts demanding that I make my final payment or my delivery date might be delayed.

I called Tesla and got an updated trade in offer that was £51 higher than my original offer! I have now accepted this, but it has left me with a negative balance to pay (in other words, i’ve now overpaid by £51).

Anyone been in a similar situation?

From my reading here, in the series of steps up to delivery it seems that the receipt of a VIN is the first indication that it is coming . . . . .

1. Does that come by email or do I have to keep checking my account?
2. When does that come e.g. 1 month before delivery?

From my reading here, in the series of steps up to delivery it seems that the receipt of a VIN is the first indication that it is coming . . . . .

Check your source code, a VIN in there means a car has been allocated. a VIN in your account is only visible within the last few weeks before delivery

1. For us, I just went into our Tesla account and looked at the source code. Try searching for LRW whilst you're logged in Tesla and whilst looking at source code.
2. Ours came about a month before delivery (we pickup our car on the 26th of Nov - This Friday).

So excited for this Friday collection at Southampton. This going to be longest week....

I have started preparing my inspection checklist for collection. Thought to share with you guys if you want to add any more points.

1637589270817.png

So excited for this Friday collection at Southampton. This going to be longest week....

I have started preparing my inspection checklist for collection. Thought to share with you guys if you want to add any more points.

View attachment 735953
I’d add make sure front and back number plates match….after driving around for a few weeks sister in law discovered number plates didn’t match on her new Mini!

Reactions: Jitm
In a bit of an usual situation.

Ordered M3 LR black/black on 19th September, and arranged to pick up from Bluewater on the 2nd Dec. Payment was a mix of deposit, tesla loan and trade in. At the end of last week, everything was ready to go; loan agreement signed, zero outstanding balance, reg number received, insurance arranged…

At the weekend I got an email saying my trade in offer had expired, followed by several texts demanding that I make my final payment or my delivery date might be delayed.

I called Tesla and got an updated trade in offer that was £51 higher than my original offer! I have now accepted this, but it has left me with a negative balance to pay (in other words, i’ve now overpaid by £51).

Anyone been in a similar situation?
£3800 over payment my end due to trade in. Was told would be transferred to my account within 14 working days after my collection

Weather mats, trunk and front rubber purchased. Awaiting bag hook, still need a longer tethered cable for my Podpoint, need to either consider a good wax for day one or book the car into a ceramic coating place to keep the best finish. Collect 4/12 Glasgow. Still no word of progress from the est loan people so this is likely to move to 11/12.

Reactions: GraGor