Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I've lost my charm, rang tesla to try move my delivery from the Monday, said it couldn't be moved earlier 🥲

On the bright side, She did mention that all the Irish registrations were sorted today for the cars set for delivery on December 10th so shouldn't be too long before I have mine. I was told a lot of Irish people had their deliveries pushed to Feb/March so I should take my 13th and run with it 🤪

Reactions: dave8089
Been lurking for a few weeks now while in the 'Tesla non-comms' stage of the process.
Ordered M3 LR Blue/Black Aero on the 12/11.
Received the 'arrival date being calculated' text on 19/11 and found a vin in the source code a day later. I've sent a couple of speculative texts back asking if I could reasonably expect a delivery before the end of the year (collecting from Manchester). No reply.
Are there better ways of contact available to me or is it just a wait and gnaw my fingers to the bone whilst checking my phone about 20 times a day? A pre Christmas delivery would be the dogs doodahs..

Morning All,

I've been following this forum for a couple of weeks and I thought it would be good to share my Tesla experience.

I got rid of my Audi Q5 3.0 earlier this year after being offered a company car, which the choices were limited to a hybrid / electric with a maximum P11D value (benefit in kind) of £42,000. After looking around at various options, I eventually settled on a hybrid and on the 4th February, I placed an order for a Mercedes CLA 250e Premium Plus w/ driver assistance package. The expected delivery date was early September'21, so I ended up selling the Audi in June and given a temporary lease through my company (BMW 330e M Sport) until the Mercedes arrived.

Fast forward to 1st November, I had little to no updates on the Mercedes and where it was at, I had to constantly chase the leasing company only to be told every time, "sorry, no update from MB on build slot yet, try again in January 2022!" So I said screw it and cancelled the order, and decided to look at a Tesla Model 3. I wasn't keen on Telsa to begin with from all the stories about build quality issues etc , but the website did state an estimated delivery of Feb'2022, and I just can't be arsed with a hybrid anymore to be honest, so I pulled the pin and placed an order on the 8th November for a M3 SR+ in white for £41,990.....approx. 3 days later the price increased to £42,990, exceeding my P11D limit so I would have had to forget about getting a Tesla....very lucky I think.

So anyway....this morning I received an email from the leasing company to say that my M3 will be ready to collect from Bristol on the 8th December!
No other information other than that along with a registration number.

Too good to be true??

Hi all, I should know this by now but …

I’ve just digitally signed my PCP agreement and returned via email.

Does that then turn into the final invoice/contract in your online account? Presume it’s all done manually by the people in the back end.

Collection 08/12. No licence plate yet.

Been lurking for a few weeks now while in the 'Tesla non-comms' stage of the process.
Received the 'arrival date being calculated' text on 19/11 and found a vin in the source code a day later. I've sent a couple of speculative texts back asking if I could reasonably expect a delivery before the end of the year (collecting from Manchester). No reply.
Are there better ways of contact available to me or is it just a wait and gnaw my fingers to the bone whilst checking my phone about 20 times a day? A pre Christmas delivery would be the dogs doodahs..
That's an incredible turnaround time if they do manage it before Christmas!

Hi all, I should know this by now but …

I’ve just digitally signed my PCP agreement and returned via email.

Does that then turn into the final invoice/contract in your online account? Presume it’s all done manually by the people in the back end.

Collection 08/12. No licence plate yet.
Takes a few days buddy, you don't get a final invoice on PCP, but you will get a bunch of signed and completed finance documents in there (3 to be precise).

Not getting a final invoice on PCP makes sense, as *you're* not paying the invoice price, you're taking finance, the finance company is paying it.

Reactions: Cstandinguk
Takes a few days buddy, you don't get a final invoice on PCP, but you will get a bunch of signed and completed finance documents in there (3 to be precise).

Not getting a final invoice on PCP makes sense, as *you're* not paying the invoice price, you're taking finance, the finance company is paying it.
That’s really helpful and makes total sense - thanks.

I’ll wait for the license plate in due course then :)

So just to update on mine... and for those who didn't follow my last posts.

24/11/2021
  • See a car in the inventory Tesla Model 3, 19s and White Interior. I'm thinking surely this will be next year.
  • Take out Tesla Loan. Got email 5 minutes later confirming acceptance.
  • Call Tesla, hold for 15 mins, speak to a guy called James and he said "Oh did that say London beside it when you clicked?" It didn't. He said it's landing in London or is already here today. I asked would I have to go across and he said I most likely would. I wasn't overly bothered but did ask could it be transferred and they said they would look into it
  • Called into Tesla Belfast and they checked my RN Number and said it had been assigned to Belfast now and it would be coming there. Happy days!
25/11/2021
  • Got a text saying "Welcome to the Tesla Family" to get started on your pre delivery tasks blah blah (as if I didn't have those done already lol).
  • So I thought I would ask the Live Chat about it to make sure I had nothing outstanding and to ask why I got that text. She then said no all good and be ready for collection in London "towards end of December" - now this is totally different from what Tesla Belfast said yesterday. She went and checked and said it looked to her like London for sure. She is going to have Tesla Belfast call me back again.
All in all, a *sugar* show lol.

Morning All,

I've been following this forum for a couple of weeks and I thought it would be good to share my Tesla experience.

I got rid of my Audi Q5 3.0 earlier this year after being offered a company car, which the choices were limited to a hybrid / electric with a maximum P11D value (benefit in kind) of £42,000. After looking around at various options, I eventually settled on a hybrid and on the 4th February, I placed an order for a Mercedes CLA 250e Premium Plus w/ driver assistance package. The expected delivery date was early September'21, so I ended up selling the Audi in June and given a temporary lease through my company (BMW 330e M Sport) until the Mercedes arrived.

Fast forward to 1st November, I had little to no updates on the Mercedes and where it was at, I had to constantly chase the leasing company only to be told every time, "sorry, no update from MB on build slot yet, try again in January 2022!" So I said screw it and cancelled the order, and decided to look at a Tesla Model 3. I wasn't keen on Telsa to begin with from all the stories about build quality issues etc , but the website did state an estimated delivery of Feb'2022, and I just can't be arsed with a hybrid anymore to be honest, so I pulled the pin and placed an order on the 8th November for a M3 SR+ in white for £41,990.....approx. 3 days later the price increased to £42,990, exceeding my P11D limit so I would have had to forget about getting a Tesla....very lucky I think.

So anyway....this morning I received an email from the leasing company to say that my M3 will be ready to collect from Bristol on the 8th December!
No other information other than that along with a registration number.

Too good to be true??
No I say it's good especially with the spec you ordered. When Ford built the Model T you could get any color you wanted as long as it's black. Seems to be the same with Tesla and white.... Stray away from that spec and you'll be waiting. Looks like they build massive batches of white cars.

Looks like I've lost my charm, rang tesla to try move my delivery from the Monday, said it couldn't be moved earlier 🥲

On the bright side, She did mention that all the Irish registrations were sorted today for the cars set for delivery on December 10th so shouldn't be too long before I have mine. I was told a lot of Irish people had their deliveries pushed to Feb/March so I should take my 13th and run with it 🤪
Your not the man I thought you were.... Obviously just a chancer you don't deserve "El bandito" tag anymore 🤣

I ordered after you (same config) and have been told to expect a December delivery, so if you’ve got a VIN I’d imagine you’re in with a strong chance of a December delivery too. Fingers crossed!