Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know that the recommended long range LG battery best practices are?

Should you leave it plugged in? Should you only charge to 70-80% etc
The closer you keep it at 50% the better but from a practical point of view don't charge above 80% or let it drop below 20% in normal use - just use the extra capacity for the occasional long trip. If your usage and charging regime allows you not to go above 70% or below 30% then you would get a slight benefit in less degradation of capacity over time but don't be too concerned about this.

Anyone know that the recommended long range LG battery best practices are?

Should you leave it plugged in? Should you only charge to 70-80% etc
I wondered this… i have delivery on Tuesday and then i’m away for a few days (not taking car) Do I leave plugged in on driveway when away? Does it draw much power just to keep it topped up to 80% for example?

I feel this is what you’re supposed to do but just wanted to get some options

What I would like to know is, if the car is plugged in and not charging and you warm the car, does that use mains power or battery power?
Mains.

If possible, keeping your car plugged in allows the car to pull power from the wall, rather than the battery, to heat the battery and cabin

Reactions: Elmet
Mains.

Thanks, sadly I won't be able to make use of it until I get a home charger installed. Need to get my supply unlooped first.

Only the standard range has no daily limit and setting a schedule the car will only charge when it's set to. So safe to leave plugged in.
What I would like to know is, if the car is plugged in and not charging and you warm the car, does that use mains power or battery power?
Taking an educated guess I’d say it’s irrelevant. Because if it uses the battery, then the mains will supplement it. And if it’s using mains, well there’s your answer.

So, mains

The closer you keep it at 50% the better but from a practical point of view don't charge above 80% or let it drop below 20% in normal use - just use the extra capacity for the occasional long trip. If your usage and charging regime allows you not to go above 70% or below 30% then you would get a slight benefit in less degradation of capacity over time but don't be too concerned about this.
Thanks, assume this is relevant for the LR? I only do 20 miles a day, so 50% works just fine for me.

I wondered this… i have delivery on Tuesday and then i’m away for a few days (not taking car) Do I leave plugged in on driveway when away? Does it draw much power just to keep it topped up to 80% for example?

I feel this is what you’re supposed to do but just wanted to get some options
Leave it plugged in an as Mr T said try and keep the batt around the mid range. 70% if your situation allows it.

Think the car uses minimal power when not in use. If it’s plugged in it won’t matter too much, think it uses around 200-300 watts just ticking over (don’t quote me on that but it’s around that). If it wasn’t plugged in Then I doubt it will move more than 1% (for your short trip anyway)

This is on the basis that sentry mode isn’t active and you ain’t checking the app every 30 seconds - all of which will use more batt

Anyone know that the recommended long
Leave it plugged in an as Mr T said try and keep the batt around the mid range. 70% if your situation allows it.

Think the car uses minimal power when not in use. If it’s plugged in it won’t matter too much, think it uses around 200-300 watts just ticking over (don’t quote me on that but it’s around that). If it wasn’t plugged in Then I doubt it will move more than 1% (for your short trip anyway)

This is on the basis that sentry mode isn’t active and you ain’t checking the app every 30 seconds - all of which will use more batt
Agreed, I think tesla say to plug in where possible.

I guess it doesn’t drawn barely any power if you’re not using it or the app etc. Anyway will give it a go and see what happens. My wallbox app will show me how much it’s drawing anyway no doubt.

Quick question for the hive mind. Roughly when can I expect a text with my number plate? Looking at previous posts it seems to be anywhere between 7 and 14 days out from delivery. Others have pestered CS for it so it's hard to know if theirs would have been forthcoming without calling them. Curious because I need to arrange both insurance and an update to my parking permit at work.
I sent an e-mail to CS requesting reg number on 26.11 and received text message with the info on next day. Picking up my car 9.12 at Thorpe Park.

Evening, I ordered M3 RWD Midnight silver with 19" wheels on 22-Sept, no vehicle assigned yet, apparently vehicles are sometimes assigned to orders not starting with the oldest order first. Think I'm experiencing this myself.
Evening,
Ordered M3 RWD Midnight silver on 11 Nov. A trade in was agreed but can't even seen an estimated timescale - should I have anything shown?
Thanks

Evening, I ordered M3 RWD Midnight silver with 19" wheels on 22-Sept, no vehicle assigned yet, apparently vehicles are sometimes assigned to orders not starting with the oldest order first. Think I'm experiencing this myself.
Sounds like I need to wait a while!
It said January when I ordered so thought may have some info soon?!

Would someone please explain what the “unicorn” description means?
Yes, Tesla make changes to cars all the time, manufacturing also changes all the time. This has caused very few cars to come through production with slight variations to everyone else. Doesn’t happen often but these cars are known as unicorns. Nothing you should be particularly concerned about.

Would someone please explain what the “unicorn” description means?
People were trying to decide if they were getting some of the new standard features compared to the previous quarter cars. bigger battery and which motor?
0.5 seconds difference in 0-60 time.
All because the web site changed the specs between order date and receiving their Vin numbers. Changes on the production line can be made within 3 hours.
Last year the LFP batteries started in the last quarter.

All payments made, the countdown to Saturday 4/12 continues :)

Ordered Jack pads (just in case). Weather mats, bag hook for boot received. Toss up now between Peugeot Insurance at £340 or Churchill at £430.

Pity I’ve got such a barsteward of a week at work ahead. Hey ho, guess I can’t complain as it pays for nice things like new teslas.

Attachments

• 481131AB-CA8B-41FD-8D44-947C3B2BD3E8.png
    481131AB-CA8B-41FD-8D44-947C3B2BD3E8.png
    420.9 KB · Views: 56