Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
306-316 of real tarmac miles.
Ok, well once you get your LR and you have driven 300+ motorway miles on a single charge then let me know how you do it (driving at 60 mph doesn't count ;) )

The figures here are roughly what I experience with 18" wheels (motorway with mild weather around 265 - maybe 280)

Reactions: A&R_C
Ok, well once you get your LR and you have driven 300+ motorway miles on a single charge then let me know how you do it (driving at 60 mph doesn't count ;) )

The figures here are roughly what I experience with 18" wheels (motorway with mild weather around 265 - maybe 280)

Take that chip off your shoulder MrT

I was 'generally' speaking, of course range solely on the Motorway aint going to do what I said...

The difference between Performance vs LR is 5.56% difference. so, ROUGHLY speaking. 280-295 on the motorway for a LR I'd agree with you and accept.

306-316 of real tarmac miles (on a mixed bag of city / motorway driving, probably more city than motorway driving)

Either on the configure page where you choose the options or the overview Tesla model 3 page where it shows the dark background and the performance model 3, 0-60 in 3.1 seconds etc.
This has never worked for me even after many many refreshes. So I thought 'what if they are more likely to pop a chat window if I'm looking at a more expensive car?'....so I started looking at the MX Plaid and bingo, the chat window came straight up!

Had my courtesy call today to make sure everything was ok. Was pretty lacklustre tbh - "thanks for completing everything in your account. Dont forget your driving license" - was on the phone less than a minute and all queries pretty much batted away.

Can't believe I'm typing this, but I just scheduled delivery of my Tesla this Saturday!

This is my first post on the forum, but I thought it was worth outlining my timeline:

Nov 22nd: Test drive M3LR, and placed order.
Nov 26th: Vehicle arrival date being calculated.
Nov 30th: Schedule delivery, for 4th Dec.

So that's 2 weeks exactly from placing the order to picking up the car, if everything goes ahead as planned. I feel extremely lucky.

Specs:
M3LR
Midnight Silver
Aero Wheels
No FSD
wow, maybe it was my car you've hijacked 🤣...same spec with BLK interior if you'd got the same...Tesla CS called Monday to say prepare for Wednesday, then sent me a delivery update text 9.15am today for 1 Dec confirmed, then called 9.46am a near 30min later to say it's now been delayed until the 15 Dec 😕...as they say, the best and the worst of Tesla... you got the best 👍 I got the worst 👎

On the licence plate, there is a very helpful thread on the various approaches so I would check that out first.

My compromise was to re-use the metal number plates the car comes with, but to remove the outer part of the plastic mount and stick the plates directly onto the plastic mount behind the plate. This worked perfectly with the rear plate as its nice and flat but for the front one I ended up adding two screws with caps because the ends were under too much tension because of the sideways curve. (Easiest way to locate the place to drill the number plate was to remove the back mount from the car and temporarily clamp it to the number plate to align the drilling with existing holes in the mounting plate.)

So I've spoken to Tesla this morning. This is a US built car from late last year. As far as the rep can see it sat in storage in the US as a RHD car since being built and is now on its way to Europe. I asked on what ship or how, and his reply was just that it would likely land in mainland Europe before being brought over to Ireland. Delivery date of December 20th still stands.

Dave please help me understand how to do this number plate thing? Are people taking off the Tesla number plate holder and literally sticking their number plate to the bonnet? Is that what I'm hearing?

I understand the like sticky number plate that you can order.... which I didnt want to do as word on the street is this is getting banned soon.

And so I wanted to understand the 3m solution? I think I'm hearing people taking off the scaffolding and literally sticking their original plates to the bumper. I just wanted that one confirmed before I do it.
I can’t find the original video for love nor money but the lads have the right idea.

Remove the holding bracket and literally 3m double sticky tape the life out of the plate onto the backing plate. He slightly bends the front plate so it stays flusher and sticks down but the screws are a good idea too.

Hi guys,

Has anyone used the trade-in from Tesla??? I’ve got a nice trade-in offer from Tesla but I’m afraid it’s going to expire before collection day. I’ve finished the process on the 17th of October and my collection is on the 11th December. still within the 60 days but my problem is mileage. They offer 1242 miles and I’m already 30 miles above that plus I have to drive the car to Thorpe park which will had another 50 miles roughly. Does anyone reckon they will slash dramatically down the original value??

thanks

Hi guys,

Has anyone used the trade-in from Tesla??? I’ve got a nice trade-in offer from Tesla but I’m afraid it’s going to expire before collection day. I’ve finished the process on the 17th of October and my collection is on the 11th December. still within the 60 days but my problem is mileage. They offer 1242 miles and I’m already 30 miles above that plus I have to drive the car to Thorpe park which will had another 50 miles roughly. Does anyone reckon they will slash dramatically down the original value??

thanks
I don't have any experience of Tesla's trade ins but most who have been down that route say they have showed very little interest in looking at the car traded. A cursory glance that it's outside and that you have the keys and log book seems to be the standard format. I wouldn't be too worried as I suspect they are much more interested in shifting their own metal.

Reactions: Lmlopes7
Hi guys,

thanks
I believe they may ask for current mileage. Not sure what happens if it's over...

I'm trading my wife's A-class in and it's just been sitting there waiting for its end days.
I'm now collecting my car on the 6th so will post an update here on how that all goes.

Reactions: Lmlopes7
Excellent mate! Out of interest have you had a courtesy call or anything like that yet?

I had 2 SMS yesterday confirming my collection date, VIN/Plate and my finance agreement.
Same as you, had the two SMS texts and an email with the finance docs only. Having to catch a train in from Norwich via Peterborough and then will try and get a taxi or Uber from train station to Space Centre

I believe they may ask for current mileage. Not sure what happens if it's over...

I'm trading my wife's A-class in and it's just been sitting there waiting for its end days.
I'm now collecting my car on the 6th so will post an update here on how that all goes.
When I traded in, they did not even look at the car condition only the V5 and odometer. I was told that the due diligence had been done via the photos I uploaded.

I recall you have an allowance of up to 2000 miles over the odometer reading you submitted, but worth confirming with customer services.

Hello all

Today I had my Tesla Gen 3 wall charger fitted. I’m not sure if this is correct but after commissioning the device my accessing the web portal I get a continuous pulsing green single light.

Whilst in the portal I set the correct amp setting and checked for firmware update. However the light continues to flash. My car does not arrive until Thursday so just wondering if it stops after the first plug-in.

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks