Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a call to tell me (2 days out) that my car won't be ready in time and so had to push collection to the next day. I then realised that I couldn't make the new appointment so went on live chat to rearrange. Live chat gave me the original time and date back, and when I asked if the car would actually be ready they just replied "It's booked".

Why do they do this to me, I can't take it any more :oops:
This live chat thingy is a myth! ha ha ha ... I can never find it.

The original number plate housing somewhat resembles scaffolding so a lot of people remove them and either position the plate to the bracket behind said scaffolding or buy a vinyl plate and stick that to the front bumper like attached (not my motor)
I understand the like sticky number plate that you can order.... which I didnt want to do as word on the street is this is getting banned soon.

And so I wanted to understand the 3m solution? I think I'm hearing people taking off the scaffolding and literally sticking their original plates to the bumper. I just wanted that one confirmed before I do it.

Bit of a tip, if you ever finish a chat with a CS keep the chat in the window then next time all you need to do is click the START NEW CHAT button

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 13.06.47.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 13.06.47.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 59
The original source code can be found here

That 'source code' is actually just the checklist items -No actual code. Or at least i couldn't work out the language it was written in. Hence I decided to completely recreate a fresh Glide App (and now rework it in HTML 5 in the current beta). I really wish I could have just taken it and re-hosted it as would have saved me a hell of a lot of effort, and fall outs with the Mrs ("are you on that fkin laptop again") :D

I also noticed the email i sent from Tesla Prep never came through :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Update ... Woke up to sheer excitement today as i received my 'Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated' ... Wonder how long after that i get a delivery date??

So;

10th Oct - Ordered my M3 LR in Black
18th Oct - Text received - confirming my order
30th Nov - Text Received - Arrival date is being calculated

So mine must be on one if the boats due to dock anytime now.

Hope this helps anyone with timelines.

Called CS and they've told me my car is sat at Southampton and arrived a couple of days ago!! So excited now!!!

Huh. Just took out my Tesla insurance with Direct Line and got given a Zoom EV bundle for free (usually £39.99). It includes a whole bunch of stuff like 3 months free subscripton to the BP Pulse charging network, free Plugsurfing charging key, 1 month free access to the Osprey rapid charging network then 18% discount for the rest of the year, 20% off Q-Park bookings and some other stuff. Not sure how great the benefits are but free is free, right?

Anyone else got this and know more about it?

Can't believe I'm typing this, but I just scheduled delivery of my Tesla this Saturday!

This is my first post on the forum, but I thought it was worth outlining my timeline:

Nov 22nd: Test drive M3LR, and placed order.
Nov 26th: Vehicle arrival date being calculated.
Nov 30th: Schedule delivery, for 4th Dec.

So that's 2 weeks exactly from placing the order to picking up the car, if everything goes ahead as planned. I feel extremely lucky.

Specs:
M3LR
Midnight Silver
Aero Wheels
No FSD