Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at my first supercharger now
Delivery today, no heated steering wheel or rear seats but the wireless charging pad and USB ports were there
I asked the Tesla assistant that sorted out my paperwork and she told me the roll out for the heated seats and wheel are being updated in waves. Some owners had it functioning on collection and others took a little time.

I looked for my car before I went in to sort out the paperwork.

Luckily managed to do all that before the wind started.

Reactions: OddityError
My original date was 7th March 2022 and is now 23rd December 2021 - I didn’t consider putting it back. This whole experience has taught me one thing, Einstein was wrong or at least only partially right. Although time IS relative to the observer, it’s not relative based on velocity or gravitational field, it’s relative to where you are in the Tesla delivery process. 🤨

at my first supercharger now

I asked the Tesla assistant that sorted out my paperwork and she told me the roll out for the heated seats and wheel are being updated in waves. Some owners had it functioning on collection and others took a little time.

I looked for my car before I went in to sort out the paperwork.

Luckily managed to do all that before the wind started.
I went to the Charnock superchargers, very easy and got connected straight away.

There was a Tesla service guy there today too who was approaching owners asking if everything was okay or if they needed anything. A very nice touch 👌🏼

Yes.

Because you wont have that whole year of miles on your clock compared to most early 2021 plates will have. Generally speaking you'll have 10,000 miles less than any other early 21 plate has.

Realistically, when you look to buy a second hand car, are you basing your decision on the year or are you basing your decision on the new model that came out in a given year. I've based my previous decision on the performance and look including how practical it is. I think you need to change your whole way of looking at it with a Tesla - its different to ICEs. Model 3 has looked the same for coming up to 5 years and so once you remove that, people are only going to be interested in range and miles + variant they can afford.

If you're super concerned, I'd be inclined to take a picture on the 1st January 2022 to share what your miles are at going into 2022 and share that with a prospective buyer. The car did 400 miles in 2021, it's practically 2022 model. lol
That’s the thing, having to go through all this to prove the car is “in theory” a 2022 model isn’t something I’d look forward to.

Thanks for your input.

From a buyers perspective, would a car that’s a 21 build with a 71 plate have the same perceived value as a 22 build with a 22 plate with the same range and miles in 3 years time?
There is no 21 or 22 build. The spec changes all the time and it isn't related to calendar year or the UK's weird registration changes. Who knows when the next big change will be, it could be May 22 so having the 22 plate doesn't mean it is the latest/sort after specification.

Personally I don't take much notice of the registration plate number (to me that only had a big impact when it changed once a year). The month/year of registration determines how old the vehicle is, and along with the outstanding warranty and mileage is what determines the value.

Reactions: Filbert1884
Hmm, around 3pm? I was on the chargers facing the hotel, I think I was plugged into 6B! Then someone parked next to me and zapped my speeds the cheeky bugger 😂
I was on the other line in the corner. so it wasn't me. Made sure I wasn't going to make enemies before friends lol
I asked the Tesla guy which connector I should use.
I logged on here while I was charging and then a YouTube video.
There was a Tesla with something like steam coming out from the front

I was on the other line in the corner. so it wasn't me. Made sure I wasn't going to make enemies before friends lol
There was a few doing that when I was there including mine! I think it’s vapour / steam from the heat pump given it was very cold outside and a lot of heat being pumped in via the super charger!

That’s the thing, having to go through all this to prove the car is “in theory” a 2022 model isn’t something I’d look forward to.

Thanks for your input.
My comment was a joke. I wasn’t being serious.

I think you’re looking into it too much but good luck with your purchase in 2022.

There’s some people on here who ordered in July that still don’t have their car so just bare that in mind. You might find yourself in a vicious loop and never owning a car at all. If everyone thought like this, car manufacturers wouldn’t release cars in Q3 & Q4

Normal, you’ll also get it too eventually. It’s just condensation.

There was a few doing that when I was there including mine! I think it’s vapour / steam from the heat pump given it was very cold outside and a lot of heat being pumped in via the super charger!
The windscreen cleared pretty quickly before I left.
Took me a while to get used to just walking away from the car and it locks and the headlights stay on for a little while.

Probably passed each other. I'm not 100% sure what time I was there.
Left the Trafford centre after 2. it was starting to go dark when I got Preston .
Think I was charging for about 25 to 30 mins, I arrived at 25% and left with 82% added 37Kwh