Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch.

What is a screwdriver rash? How many miles have you racked up.

Doubt much is going to happen on the stone Chips. Have you been doing lots of auto pilot? I personally think the cars are too close to me even at 7 cars spread and so I wouldn’t be surprised if auto pilot is causing more problems than it’s solving.
Looks like where they have put the plastic panel in the bottom "spoke" of the steering wheel the tool has scraped across the top and taken a small layer of the matt plastic off of the top. Only really notice it when the light hits it. In 8 days I have racked up 772 miles in 8 days, on top of the delivery 7 miles :oops:

Yea, the stone chips i know nothing going to happen - just an annoyance i have noted. Still hasn't sullied my love for the car though. I went to Devon and back at the weekend for my Nans 80th... used AP for about 40% of it, gained more confidence in it as time went on. Once complaint is that with EAP the overtake does not accelerate enough - it pulls in then gradually accelerates, needs to be more aggressive.

I am happy with any of it tbh though, before i ordered the Tesla I only wanted TACC so AP and EAP are just a bonus.

Thinking about this, 15 stone chips in a week is a bit unrealistic unless you’ve been driving on some really messed up roads.

You won’t have a front bumper left in 12 months and in 2 years the stones will make their way to your face.

They must have been present before you picked it up. Even if you search the forum, there’s no one talking about that level of problems. Odd stone chip here and there but that’s it
Honestly, it doesn't help that I did 772 miles. They arent all on the front - theres a couple down the sills too.

Definitely some sketchy roads though, thanks to the built in sat-nav we ended up going down "unnamed road"'s to avoid traffic!

My largest annoyance with the stone chips is that i was going to get PPF in the new year, now i will need the chips sorted before hand (Well, i wont "need" to, but i would want to)

So, I had (perhaps wrong assumed) that all cars from Tesla now have 2 reverse lights. Just noticed mine in the cctv only has one.

Blown bulb or perhaps 2 rear reverse lights is random or maybe not inc on the long range?
My LR has 2, noticed it when summoning back down the drive after having to move it for a delivery earlier.

Looks like where they have put the plastic panel in the bottom "spoke" of the steering wheel the tool has scraped across the top and taken a small layer of the matt plastic off of the top. Only really notice it when the light hits it. In 8 days I have racked up 772 miles in 8 days, on top of the delivery 7 miles :oops:

Yea, the stone chips i know nothing going to happen - just an annoyance i have noted. Still hasn't sullied my love for the car though. I went to Devon and back at the weekend for my Nans 80th... used AP for about 40% of it, gained more confidence in it as time went on. Once complaint is that with EAP the overtake does not accelerate enough - it pulls in then gradually accelerates, needs to be more aggressive.

I am happy with any of it tbh though, before i ordered the Tesla I only wanted TACC so AP and EAP are just a bonus.
Even still, the sheer volume of stone chips just don’t feel right unless as you say the roads were particularly gritty / loose and you’re backed up behind someone - might explain it.

Choice is worth checking out. It’s why I’ve gone white, having had a black type r in the past, I never want to have a black car again. Not just for stone chips but for literally anything, cleaning it was a full time job.

Steering wheel will be fixed, I have no doubt in that.

Have you had someone stand behind and check? Sometimes LED lights flicker or don’t show up on camera - don’t want to look like a t1t when the tech comes 😂
Thank you Krisey, but I think I already look like a tit so what’s the worse that can happen.

Valid point though, I did ask the misses, she confirmed it wasn’t on.

I also put on the rear fog to see where that light is located out of curiousity and she said it looks like it’s coming out where the reverse light should be? Not quite sure what’s going on or if that’s normal.

Reactions: Krisey
Even still, the sheer volume of stone chips just don’t feel right unless as you say the roads were particularly gritty / loose and you’re backed up behind someone - might explain it.

Choice is worth checking out. It’s why I’ve gone white, having had a black type r in the past, I never want to have a black car again. Not just for stone chips but for literally anything, cleaning it was a full time job.

Steering wheel will be fixed, I have no doubt in that.
Yea, the fact they were "unnamed" shows how sketchy they were... surprised it didnt end up getting scratched some were that narrow! If/when I get my next tesla, if the paint hasnt improved i will likely do the same (or hopefully they will have reintroduced silver!)

Gonna get a pic and slap it in as a service request tomorrow - hopefully they send a ranger rather than ask me to go to them!

Thank you Krisey, but I think I already look like a tit so what’s the worse that can happen.

Valid point though, I did ask the misses, she confirmed it wasn’t on.

I also put on the rear fog to see where that light is locate
Not even tried my rear fogs (Mrs did all the checking whilst i did the app at collection) - if i get 5 i'll check if its where the reverse light is or if you have "old gen" rear clusters

Anyone else feel like the 7 car distance isn’t quite 7 cars with the auto pilot. Unless perhaps it’s 7 metres or something and not car length at all.

I’d say it’s 7 mini’s but 7 cars seems a bit wrong.
I have it on 3 most of the time, and that equates to a distance the same as "keep 2 chevrons apart" on the motorway - whatever that distance is...

Yea, the fact they were "unnamed" shows how sketchy they were... surprised it didnt end up getting scratched some were that narrow! If/when I get my next tesla, if the paint hasnt improved i will likely do the same (or hopefully they will have reintroduced silver!)

Gonna get a pic and slap it in as a service request tomorrow - hopefully they send a ranger rather than ask me to go to them!

Not even tried my rear fogs (Mrs did all the checking whilst i did the app at collection) - if i get 5 i'll check if its where the reverse light is or if you have "old gen" rear clusters
Devon / Cornwall mate, those country roads are fecking deadly. Ducking in those little hedge cut outs is heart stopping stuff. Especially if cars start to back up behind and In front. I’ve been mms from someone before in my q5, unfortunately I didn’t make it out alive on that occasion, scuffed my rear quarter.