Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What problems do you encounter with the charging ? Us ev virgins have a lot to learn :oops:
At a guess it would be about starting the charge with chargers at Tesco. That said, my local Tesco it starts charging as soon as plugged in, another one i went to however I had to claim the charge via PodPoint app.

A rough overview for you:
1) Get cable out of boot/frunk
2) Open charge port by tapping, or from car screen
3) Connect cable to car and charger (if it has a cover at one end, its best to use that end on the car)
4) If charging doesn't commence automatically then open the relevant app and find the charger (they usually have a name or an ID on them) then press the button to start charging

At a guess it would be about starting the charge with chargers at Tesco. That said, my local Tesco it starts charging as soon as plugged in, another one i went to however I had to claim the charge via PodPoint app.

3) Connect cable to car and charger (if it has a cover at one end, its best to use that end on the car)
4) If charging doesn't commence automatically then open the relevant app and find the charger (they usually have a name or an ID on them) then press the button to start charging
I have used Tesco, having to look for the name of the charger is pain. It's on a small label, then find it on the app.
Unlike the supercharger plug and charge.

So keep getting “passenger camera blocked or blinded” type message. Looks like it is condensation in the camera unit - something to look out for in your new cars. I did find there was a fair build up of condensation in the car when it first arrived. I have my appointment for the wheel alignment booked this Friday so hopefully they can take a look at this at same time.

So keep getting “passenger camera blocked or blinded” type message. Looks like it is condensation in the camera unit - something to look out for in your new cars. I did find there was a fair build up of condensation in the car when it first arrived. I have my appointment for the wheel alignment booked this Friday so hopefully they can take a look at this at same time.
Thanks for the heads up! Silly question sorry: how do you check the wheel alignment?

What problems do you encounter with the charging ? Us ev virgins have a lot to learn :oops:

Ex EV virgin here! ;)

Similar to what @khew1988 said.

So I arrived at Tesco having watched many videos on where the Tesla port is, and how to open so that was fine (no Supercharger near me so I tried Tesco).
What I didn't realise is that I need the Podpoint app. After installing that it was just simply plugging in the cables and clicking "claim" on the named charger in the Podpoint app.

Reactions: mjmherts
Just had the maybe text regards USB ports and wireless charging. That is a bit of a lottery. Also just had a call from Tesla confirming location and trade in requirement. So Wednesday noon Thorpe Park for me. Weather looking good for relaxed inspection.
My pre delivery goodies are.
Two MSD one for Music and other for Sentry
Jack Pucks
Mobile tire pump
Rubber mats
Locking wheel nuts
Matt Screen protection
Front Roof shade

Centre tray, once I have car

Anything other suggestions?
Black M3P tinting Friday
I’m collecting at TP a couple of hours earlier than you next Wednesday. Where are you going for tinting?

I think the thing with PodPoint at Tesco is that the charging does start immediately, but will stop after 10 or 15 mins if you don't 'claim the charge'.

Some folks have fallen foul by plugging in and walking off thinking job done, and return to find the charging stopped. (Not me, obviously, just mentioning it for a friend...).

I get it multiple camera's blocked, but clears within a minute or 2, I put it down to rain, as it clears within a couple of minutes of driving down the road. The car was preheated before I got in.