Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

When did you order the car? I recently ordered through Zenith so just curious.

Thanks
I’m with Zenith. After they lost my first order it went through on 1st week of November and Tesla allocated about 10 days after that. My collection is booked in on 20th December. Interestingly the Zenith interface for my company is still showing March 22 however I have just sent them all the information from Tesla as its happened. I double checked with Tesla when CS rang earlier confirming dates and I checked all was in place and they said it was phew! Just clarifying insurance is the same over the next few days as I have been promised a call on that one. Maybe the Zenith system will catch up soon 😀

Reactions: OddityError
No luck, service guy escalated it with customer service or the delivery team, said they’ll reach out to me soon to discuss options - not sure what that means

I did ask when the car was built, 27th October so I dunno what that means.

Service guy Said that they use 50%/50% split of both assembly’s due to supply. He said they aren’t old lights in his view, they’re the latest lights, there’s just two configurations.

One that was bespoke for the UK and one that was set up for the EU.
that's crazy Oxstock...in my view all older style lights (which they are) should have been exhausted before the new ones were fitted...this is the type of crap scenario Tesla seems to create (one of confusion) why people are distrustful of their operations...I didn't like the small indicators ages ago and thought it was a design mistake...seeing the new larger indicators seemed to be an obvious change any improvement to a vehicle would of had to have been made...to think that buying a brand new Q4 vehicle you could get the older lights is unthinkable...you cannot mix and match these things, it's either one or the other...if you get the older lights you'll be disappointed as I definitely will be on my collection day Saturday...I'm currently preparing myself for a rejection if I do get them!

Reactions: guru1 and khew1988
Weeeeelll I suppose if you want rid of the “spare” Tesla I could take it off you for the wife. As a special favour to you. 😛
Ever since getting my M3LR on 2nd I keep looking at inventory and trying to justify giving this LR to the Mrs and getting a second PCP to get myself a M3P :rolleyes: - so far no valid justfications... maybe ill just get one after the PCP of the LR is up.

Hi,

When did you order the car? I recently ordered through Zenith so just curious.

Thanks
My order got confirmed by Zenith 22/10 but didn't get anything through from Tesla until mid November, which was just an email prompt to set up my account - I must admit Zenith have been nothing short of a farce.

I was initially told a delivery date of Dec 3rd, this was then moved to Dec 10th. I scheduled my home charger install to be before this, and was then told at the very end of November that my delivery was being rescheduled for March 2022 due to the "global semiconductor shortage" - my *rse!

Because of this, I rescheduled my charger install to end of January, so it wasn't lying unused for too long. And then yesterday I got the text as described in my previous post, completely out of the blue, so I'm in a bit of a mad scramble to sort the charger install for an earlier date.

When did you order? You might yet be in with a chance of getting one before Christmas, you never know.

My order got confirmed by Zenith 22/10 but didn't get anything through from Tesla until mid November, which was just an email prompt to set up my account - I must admit Zenith have been nothing short of a farce.

I was initially told a delivery date of Dec 3rd, this was then moved to Dec 10th. I scheduled my home charger install to be before this, and was then told at the very end of November that my delivery was being rescheduled for March 2022 due to the "global semiconductor shortage" - my *rse!

Because of this, I rescheduled my charger install to end of January, so it wasn't lying unused for too long. And then yesterday I got the text as described in my previous post, completely out of the blue, so I'm in a bit of a mad scramble to sort the charger install for an earlier date.

When did you order? You might yet be in with a chance of getting one before Christmas, you never know.
Yeah, that sort of goes along with my experiences of Zenith up to this point. I only ordered the car about two weeks ago, but have already had a text from Tesla telling me the car is on order and giving me an RN etc.

I’m with Zenith. After they lost my first order it went through on 1st week of November and Tesla allocated about 10 days after that. My collection is booked in on 20th December. Interestingly the Zenith interface for my company is still showing March 22 however I have just sent them all the information from Tesla as its happened. I double checked with Tesla when CS rang earlier confirming dates and I checked all was in place and they said it was phew! Just clarifying insurance is the same over the next few days as I have been promised a call on that one. Maybe the Zenith system will catch up soon 😀
Ha, I wouldnt count on it. I originally ordered a Q4 back in June, Zenith still adamant itll arrive 21/10/21. I dont have the heart to tell them lol.
Fingers crossed the experience with the Tesla is better. In fairness, they are much better at keeping me updated than Audi ever where.

Reactions: Taff18
Just a quick update on my missing USB stick for sentry mode.

One of the very helpful service techs that I met at my collection gave me buzz to talk about it. The guy couldn't apologise enough but it was refreshing to have some actual honesty with a car issue/problem etc. From their records it looks like the stick was stolen out of the car during shipping as they could confirm it was in it when leaving the factory. Apologised for not spotting it before I collected and will get a new one ordered up and sent to me. He mentioned they used to have issues like this years ago during shipping but they changed companies and its been a none issue since, said he's highlighted it and reported it back.

Anyways, I should hopefully be sorted in the not too distant future. But a very nice guy indeed!

Just a quick update on my missing USB stick for sentry mode.

One of the very helpful service techs that I met at my collection gave me buzz to talk about it. The guy couldn't apologise enough but it was refreshing to have some actual honesty with a car issue/problem etc. From their records it looks like the stick was stolen out of the car during shipping as they could confirm it was in it when leaving the factory. Apologised for not spotting it before I collected and will get a new one ordered up and sent to me. He mentioned they used to have issues like this years ago during shipping but they changed companies and its been a none issue since, said he's highlighted it and reported it back.

Anyways, I should hopefully be sorted in the not too distant future. But a very nice guy indeed!
Curve ball! Last thing I’d have thought it would be is stolen in transit!

that's crazy Oxstock...in my view all older style lights (which they are) should have been exhausted before the new ones were fitted...this is the type of crap scenario Tesla seems to create (one of confusion) why people are distrustful of their operations...I didn't like the small indicators ages ago and thought it was a design mistake...seeing the new larger indicators seemed to be an obvious change any improvement to a vehicle would of had to have been made...to think that buying a brand new Q4 vehicle you could get the older lights is unthinkable...you cannot mix and match these things, it's either one or the other...if you get the older lights you'll be disappointed as I definitely will be on my collection day Saturday...I'm currently preparing myself for a rejection if I do get them!
Yeh, I’m mean you sre right! Tesla way unfortunately. I’ll continue fighting the fight, I won’t give uk there, I’ll update if any change.

I have a scheduled call with the delivery customer team. I will raise your points, but… as someone else said, you only look at them once, I’ve almost forgot about the issue, think it sounds worse than it is. Only us geeks really know the situ.

Loving the car though, it has to be said.

Reactions: OddityError
I'm confused too I thought this was all part of the "premium" experience, trust the dice 😜