Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] 2021 - The Holiday Release - 'holiday fun' not V11 UI changes and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over half the fleet on TeslaFi have received the Holiday update today, by far the biggest single day rollout I can remember. I would have thought that there is a good chance that those that didn’t get it today will be offered it tomorrow.

A4F1D654-D1B1-4FB5-935F-EB40DE34983B.jpeg
9093A0E5-C1D7-451C-A5DD-8CEE4ADA1E58.jpeg

Reactions: Simonix
Press the icon again, its easy to get to the miniplayer.
But not to the same source, depending on the situation. For example, if I have music playing, and I can’t remember if it was a Spotify playlist or a streaming station, how do I open the miniplayer without potentially changing what is playing? Or, put more simply, how do you open the miniplayer without changing what is playing, even if you’re not sure what the source is? Before, we could just tap the music icon and it brought up the miniplayer.

Reactions: diddy84 and Durzel
But not to the same source, depending on the situation. For example, if I have music playing, and I can’t remember if it was a Spotify playlist or a streaming station, how do I open the miniplayer without potentially changing what is playing? Or, put more simply, how do you open the miniplayer without changing what is playing, even if you’re not sure what the source is? Before, we could just tap the music icon and it brought up the miniplayer.
Try pressing the icon to the right hand side of the player with three horizontal lines and a small triangle top left.

That shows recently used music items such as radio stations and playlists. It's not perfect but it's more like how it used to be where I could set the mini player to half way up the screen and see the options for that specific source.

Yeah, exactly this. Don’t like this change at all. It feels almost like each service is treated as it’s own music app vs having a single music app with several sources, like before.

Reactions: diddy84 and Nick77
Yeah, exactly this. Don’t like this change at all. It feels almost like each service is treated as it’s own music app vs having a single music app with several sources, like before.
I think Tesla is trying to appeal to the new generation who wants lots of customisation like a typical android phone but at the same time losing the simplicity of its earlier versions that was clean and crisp! It is unfortunate but the kind of people who share the data with Teslas are the ones who wants more customisation than the other way round.

Customisation is a good thing but defaults should be aiming to satisfy as many people as possible, because even given the option most don't actually customise. Tesla seem to have forgotten that.

The also seem to have confused designing for a mobile phone with designing for a car. When you're driving you can't be wasting time navigating menus.. it's not just annoying it's unsafe.

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc and Nick77
It’s also really awkward to turn on the fog lights now. Before it was just on the first page of the “Car” menu. Now you have to open settings, stretch all the way over to far left and find the “Lights” sub menu (which isn’t a particularly large touch area to target when you are driving) to find them. Definitely not fun when the driving conditions suddenly change and you want to quickly turn the fogs on!

Reactions: exlatccatsa
It’s also really awkward to turn on the fog lights now. Before it was just on the first page of the “Car” menu. Now you have to open settings, stretch all the way over to far left and find the “Lights” sub menu (which isn’t a particularly large touch area to target when you are driving) to find them. Definitely not fun when the driving conditions suddenly change and you want to quickly turn the fogs on!
Move the left stalk forwards or back for the quick panel for lights to appear. One press on the screen, less than before.