Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] 2021 - The Holiday Release - 'holiday fun' not V11 UI changes and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Christmas I would love a 360 degrees camera for parking
You're in luck! Elon has promised that it's coming...

Oh, that tweet is from 2020. He could mean full-fat FSD there, so basically 5+ years.

I'm not convinced it can happen with current camera hardware though. Imagine you're parked - which cameras can see the ground? The only way I can see it could work is if the car somehow maintains knowledge of its position even after having parked or gone to sleep, with it stitching previous footage together to recreate your current position. I guess we'll see (or more likely not).

Last edited:
You're in luck! Elon has promised that it's coming...

Oh, that tweet is from 2020. He could mean full-fat FSD there, so basically 5+ years.

I'm not convinced it can happen with current camera hardware though. Imagine you're parked - which cameras can see the ground? The only way I can see it could work is if the car somehow maintains knowledge of its position even after having parked or gone to sleep, with it stitching previous footage together to recreate your current position. I guess we'll see (or more likely not).

He's referring to the visualisation now used in the FSD city streets beta. So its here, on the FSD city streets beta, but nothing really stopping it going to other HW3 cars now.

I’d like the auto switch on headlights to always come on in dipped mode. I’ve lost count of the times I have been driving on main beam for quite a while and only realised when I got flashed. Not having warning lights in front of you in the M3 doesn’t help. I’ve given up with auto-dipping for the reasons others have stated.

Reactions: Wol747
I’d like the auto switch on headlights to always come on in dipped mode. I’ve lost count of the times I have been driving on main beam for quite a while and only realised when I got flashed. Not having warning lights in front of you in the M3 doesn’t help. I’ve given up with auto-dipping for the reasons others have stated.
Yours appear to work different to mine. The auto headlights don’t turn on the high beam unless I specifically turn it on by pushing the stalk back. That turns on the (auto) high beam, but it only lasts until I park up the car and then switches off again.

Reactions: pow216
Yours appear to work different to mine. The auto headlights don’t turn on the high beam unless I specifically turn it on by pushing the stalk back. That turns on the (auto) high beam, but it only lasts until I park up the car and then switches off again.
I guess it’s possible that after the lights come on automatically in dim daylight conditions, I inadvertently switch them to high beam when indicating. I don’t think so, but it’s possible. Have others experienced the problem?

I was definitely a naught boy in 2020 as I didn't get the promised Christmas release a year ago

I'm now searching my soul to see if I was also naughty this year or whether I'll get this years Christmas release

Maybe we'll get some form of driving assessment score and only those with 100% will be allowed to play sleigh bells while driving while those with less than say 50% get their performance limited to 8 reindeers?