Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An automatic donation made to charity for every swear word, that's a f'ing good idea.

Ah... My first donation.

They are not RGB/Bayer filtered cameras, they are RCCB (red-clear-clear-blue), hence any colour correction needs to be done by post processing, or, tbh, not bothered with as human visual use is a secondary purpose over their primary use with autopilot.

They are not RGB/Bayer filtered cameras, they are RCCB (red-clear-clear-blue), hence any colour correction needs to be done by post processing, or, tbh, not bothered with as human visual use is a secondary purpose over their primary use with autopilot.

They remind me of the cheap cameras with no IR filters, as mentioned they are meant for Autopilot and not for us.

This is from DVLA, it has explicit one hand rule and of course you will have another evidence to say you can drive without any hands!

It is a legal requirement that a driver must have at least one hand on the steering wheel at all times while the car is moving. As far as the UK driving test is concerned, the driving examiners will expect a learner driver to keep both hands on the steering wheel unless they are carrying out another driving job. Although by law only one hand is required to steer a vehicle, this would not be acceptable in the driving test. The UK driving test is based upon the fundamental of safety. It is far safer to have two hands on the steering wheel rather than one.
How am I to prove a negative? The DVLA are unlikely to have a webpage that says "there is no specific law on the number of hands that must be on the wheel", The DVLA also don't make driving laws, they are responsible for vehicle and driver licensing which is somewhat different to the rules of use.

I happily await your link to prove your point.