Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 4.5.3 early this morning. TeslaMate showed the car offline for about an hour afterwards, but that changed back to "asleep" after that.

Might be worth logging out and back in again on TeslaMate, see if that helps.

Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 09.17.17.png

Updated to 4.5.3 early this morning. TeslaMate showed the car offline for about an hour afterwards, but that changed back to "asleep" after that.

Might be worth logging out and back in again on TeslaMate, see if that helps.

View attachment 772796
Yeah, I'd refreshed the token on Teslamate and had the problem again the next day with the 'offline' status showing. Someone has logged it on Teslamate's github, relating to when the car goes out of an area with mobile service, doesnt seem to connect again afterwards until the Tesla mobile app is loaded - is the description of what they're seeing. Hopefully a dev will start digging.

• Informative
Reactions: drewpost and goRt
I went for a reasonably busy drive in 4.5.3 yesterday.. compared to previous versions the queueing/slowing down behaviour of AP is much better. Not quite how a human would drive but far better than the 'drive up the car's bumper and slam the anchors on' behaviour I've seen before.

Some of the FSD work spilling over into traditional AP I guess.
I was nose to tail up the M6 this evening and the difference was remarkable. Genuinely a pleasure to use.

I am currently on 2022.4.5. I wonder if one of the cold weather improvements is the keeping of the windscreen camera area clear in snow by putting the heater elements on automatically in low temperatures?

I know it works like that if left in sentry mode, and previously when the car has been snow covered the whole screen has remained snow covered. Today there is snow on the screen and the little square area around the cameras is totally clear.

Reactions: terrapinballet
Another update to 2022.4.5.x. I'm finding it unusual that 2022.4.5.x has continued to be drip fed over several weeks, rather than moving on to another 2022.4.x branch. Almost as if things have stalled at .4.5.x version, general release wise. Sometimes branches stick for a week or so, but 2022.4.5 has been around nearly 3 weeks now and no sign GM wise of a later branch. I wonder if something needing more time is lined up next?

Software version 2022.4.5.4 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Long Range in Ontario Canada. The highest previous version was 2022.4.5.3. Follow the 2022.4.5.4 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

My model 3 updated to 4.5.3 overnight and it proceeded to turn on the preconditioning by itself. First I heard of the update was a notification in the app to say my car was at the desired temperature. Bit annoying as I was already a bit low on battery (not currently at home).

Another update to 2022.4.5.x. I'm finding it unusual that 2022.4.5.x has continued to be drip fed over several weeks, rather than moving on to another 2022.4.x branch. Almost as if things have stalled at .4.5.x version, general release wise. Sometimes branches stick for a week or so, but 2022.4.5 has been around nearly 3 weeks now and no sign GM wise of a later branch. I wonder if something needing more time is lined up next?
It’s a version for Canadians to request the FSD beta. Release notes on Teslafi
one wonders what lurks in the background of 4.5.3

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
2022.4.5.3..... big "thumbs down"!
The wipers have reverted back to their previous unruliness, EAP now sees demons about to crash into me, when there are none and so slows the car suddenly.
I'm getting fed up with the ever changing landscape: effectively the car has no usable cruise control or auto wipers. This is not good enough.

Reactions: candida