Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Podcasts don’t show up in Apple Music. They do, however show up on TuneIn if you do a search.

I’ve now been to the car with the wife. Apple Music accounts are driver profile specific. Yay!

Favourites and recents are also driver specific.

The search function is pretty cool. It searches all your enabled sources and provides a slew of results.
Does that search include USB?

So, having a programmable fan speed on auto heating etc.
I’m still trying to get my head round auto.
It seems that the face vents are on. Or not and screen and feet are on. Or not
But whatever combination I want, won’t work on auto but do sometimes.
Anyone have a definitive answer or is it the spectre that is AI at work?

I don't think i have remote farting yet though :(
I think you'll find you have it. We do on both of our cars -- not that I find it of any use or fun. In the phone app if you hold down one of your chosen quick action icons it brings up the set of choices and "Fart" is a new one.

The internal camera view, even on our 2019 Model 3, is actually pretty decent resolution. Not sure it will be something we use but it is a better camera view than I was expecting.

and model 3 from 2022? all have Ryzen cpus
It might be a version of the Ryzen in the 3/Y doesn’t have the RDNA 2 GPU that is in the S/X, though it’s difficult to say as we don't really know as Tesla use custom AMD chips and boards. The ones in the S/X don’t correspond to a known Ryzen chips but those who have investigated say it looks like they are using Zen+ rather than the more recent Zen 2 or latest generation Zen 3+, which has RDNA 2 built in. They did find a separate Navi 23 GPU, which is RDNA 2 part, so it could be that this separate GPU is missing in the 3/Y and why Steam isn’t available.

The 3/Y doesn't have the discrete GPU that the Plaid S/X does. This has been shown before. That's why Steam isn't available (although there's plenty of indie and older stuff that would probably work fine).

I think you'll find you have it. We do on both of our cars -- not that I find it of any use or fun. In the phone app if you hold down one of your chosen quick action icons it brings up the set of choices and "Fart" is a new one.

The internal camera view, even on our 2019 Model 3, is actually pretty decent resolution. Not sure it will be something we use but it is a better camera view than I was expecting.
Glad to hear it works on the older cars. Newer ones have IR emitters so presumably have a decent image at night.

According to a quick bit of "last 24 hour" googling, it doesn't look like lossless or spatial (Atmos) audio is there with Apple Music. Nor option to download (like Tidal).

Still glad to have it, but was hoping for those features.
I can't see anyway in the interface to tell what the quality of the song being streamed is (normal, lossless, spatial, dolby).. that applies both for Spotify and Apple Music. I tried out the same songs on apple music 'for spatial audio' playlist and then on spotify (I have a premium spotify account) and I couldn't tell much difference.

So, having a programmable fan speed on auto heating etc.
I’m still trying to get my head round auto.
It seems that the face vents are on. Or not and screen and feet are on. Or not
But whatever combination I want, won’t work on auto but do sometimes.
Anyone have a definitive answer or is it the spectre that is AI at work?
Personally, I want auto without having the chiller on

The rumours around the holiday update having Dolby atmos seem to originate from just one source, BGR, though they are normally pretty reliable on these sort of things as they have lots of links to tech and entertainment businesses (they are part of Penske media, publisher of the likes of RollingStone and Variety). I‘ve not seen any rumours about apple spatial audio but I’m not sure how useful that would be in a car as it’s a lot like atmos but with movement tracking.

Unless I’ve missed it, anybody care to share what they’ve actually got in the U.K.? Seems as usual model and whether you have Ryzen or not are important, as does paint colour, whether your VIN is both a prime number and in the Fibonacci sequence and if you’re parked facing magnetic or true north at the time.
It'll just be the outdoor farting option for us George.

Good call -- just checked on our 2022 Model Y in our pitch black garage and the interior camera does, indeed, use the IR emitter.
My 2020 3LR must also have some level of IR. It’s pitch dark in my garage too
6F10AE11-FE06-439D-9D42-1A738A3877E2.jpeg

Apple Music seems to be streaming only, no option to download to the car. So requires Premium Connectivity or Wi-Fi tethering as you would do to use the built in Spotify account. I would have like the option to download a playlist or two when connected to Wi-Fi and then just play it from there.

Apple Music seems to be streaming only, no option to download to the car. So requires Premium Connectivity or Wi-Fi tethering as you would do to use the built in Spotify account. I would have like the option to download a playlist or two when connected to Wi-Fi and then just play it from there.
I’ve read that, it also doesn’t seem to start loading the next track before the last one finishes which might be aggravating - have you found that? But it does seem to have shuffle!

FD874A10-E931-4F4B-9A1A-9F9F57FED743.png