Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have they actually specified a power saving for these sentry modes? I don't really have an issue with sentry other than flashing the lights at on-coming cars if you are parked on the road. The issue I have is the battery drain on an SR+. If turning off the camera detection also allows the main computer to sleep untill an alarm event then I may consider using it more.
This is what I'd like to know the answer to.

I'm happy with full Sentry (and the associated drain) when out and about but it would also be nice to have the cameras come on with the alarm if using at Sentry at a place I would usually exclude (e.g. home) if the car can still sleep etc.. It seems a more complex choice now on how and when to use Sentry.

Reactions: H43lio
I don’t want to be argumentative but I don’t want Amazon or Google anywhere near our cars. Enough spyware in my life as it is…
You’re welcome not to use it. It’s all about giving the end user options.

I’m able to dictate texts beautifully from my phone, yet get a terrible experience behind the wheel using Tesla commands, that’s really a step back..

Reactions: H43lio and KennethS
What is there to be excited about? Twitter app in the car? Dolby Atmos? meh... Apple Music.. ok...
Long story short it seems that this year, if you're not in North America and can expect FSD v11, you don't have much to be excited about...
I'm not sure I'd give that list much credence given it says carplay is an 8/10 chance.. that's way off. IMO Twitter is a dead cert because Elon, but then I doubt anyone will care.. can't think of a thing I'd want less in a car.

If that's the best the rumour mill can come up with suggestions for the next year it's going to be a period of very boring updates.. I note no matrix headlights, for example.

Only the alarm will wake it up and then allow video recording... So you'll most likely get footage of a thief breaking a window but not someone keying your car.
If the battery contactors have to engage and the computer boots up you aren’t going to record any footage of a security event, only what happens afterwards which would be far from ideal.

Don’t have Google on my phone, other than search engine in Safari. Apple is spyware as well but I try to stick with one as far as practicable and Apple is it.

Use Brave as your browser (no Chrome!), use Startpage as your search engine.

I do not have anything Google on my iPhone.

Apple isn't spyware so much - they don't treat you as the product. Google does. Apple treat you as the customer, so they're always trying to sell you their own stuff, but they do not sell your data or have anywhere near the kind of privacy issues that Google have.

Have they always called autopilot auto steer? Updated software today and my cameras were blind this morning until out on the motorway. Then a message popped up on the right saying ‘press stalk down twice for AutoSteer’. Don’t remember seeing that before