Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m surprised no one has commented on ‘cards are back’ in the list of features of the update. If true this is great news if it restores a lost feature. Quick swipe on the visualisation screen - one way to get trip information and the other to check tyre pressures. I felt it was a big loss when this facility disappeared a while ago.
Somebody did pick up on it earlier in the thread

Reactions: Lord Farquad
So far all I’ve found is this German video with a section on it -

He says something about smart playlists not working (I think) but seeing as they are mostly broken even in iOS that’s no surprise!

No indication of being able to download tracks to the car or lossless support.
I'm seriously missing a trick here - how does one get so many shortcuts in their menu bar? This video shows heated seats button next to the climate controls on either side and I didn't know one could do that!

Back to the update: since I don't have wifi in the apartment block garage, I'm going to have to venture out to a good 5G spot and download it this evening. Because I can't easily update the car, I've missed the last few releases (could explain the lack of shortcuts but I wouldn't put it past my general ignorance either) so this should hopefully be a big jump for me.

I’m surprised no one has commented on ‘cards are back’ in the list of features of the update. If true this is great news if it restores a lost feature. Quick swipe on the visualisation screen - one way to get trip information and the other to check tyre pressures. I felt it was a big loss when this facility disappeared a while ago.
Yes, I have wanted them back ever since. I haven’t been out to try it yet, but from what I can gather it’s either the trip card or media card, not both. I would permanently have the trip card in view, but could also see which media was playing. So yes it’s a step in the direction I wanted, but I would prefer to see BOTH.

h
I'm seriously missing a trick here - how does one get so many shortcuts in their menu bar? This video shows heated seats button next to the climate controls on either side and I didn't know one could do that!

Back to the update: since I don't have wifi in the apartment block garage, I'm going to have to venture out to a good 5G spot and download it this evening. Because I can't easily update the car, I've missed the last few releases (could explain the lack of shortcuts but I wouldn't put it past my general ignorance either) so this should hopefully be a big jump for me.
heated seats can be dragged to the bar, i did mine ages ago, perhaps you have missed an update

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Had a play with this taking the ankle biter to nursery. The Apple Music integration seems decent. I used it via my phone’s hotspot as I don’t have PC. Music is selected via a larger window that comes up over the map. This is the same for radio stations. The media controls themselves can be swiped up to show favourites and recents without obscuring the map, be that radio stations or AM albums/playlists, which I quite like. Next thing I need to do is test whether it uses driver profile specific accounts or if it’s just one AM account for the car. The latter would be a bummer.

As for the Christmas update in general, us 3/Y owners here in the UK have certainly received the breadcrumbs. Nee S/X owners in the US are flying along playing Steam games and having meetings in the car.

hmm. Ok over the map for the full interface makes sense - honestly as a driver you shouldn’t be messing with that when driving anyway and its in a good location for passengers. I’m hoping swiping up on the traffic visualisation will let me keep it there more often with the bonus of more map space.

spare a thought for those that bought a spanking new S in January which doesn’t get steam apparantly - they upgraded the MCU to 16GB ram and thats the current cut-off. May need an MCU upgrade..

Hiding the media player puts another icon on the bottom bar to get to it easily but imo it's a bit of a meh update with most things i won't use
IMG_3528.jpg

Hiding the media player puts another icon on the bottom bar to get to it easily but imo it's a bit of a meh update with most things i won't use
Will be interesting to see what, if anything, has changed under the hood.
Monday will be 13 degrees here, so I’ll have a proper play then!
Installed the update this morning and really pleased to now have direct access to my Apple Music account and library from the car. I appreciate this doesn't add much for people who are not using the Apple ecosystem, but those of us who do, this is a huge improvement over either accessing music from the Tesla Spotify account or else connecting your phone over bluetooth to access your Apple Music Library. I have been hoping for this since I got my M3 3 years ago so happy to see it finally implemented and working well.

Installed the update this morning and really pleased to now have direct access to my Apple Music account and library from the car. I appreciate this doesn't add much for people who are not using the Apple ecosystem, but those of us who do, this is a huge improvement over either accessing music from the Tesla Spotify account or else connecting your phone over bluetooth to access your Apple Music Library. I have been hoping for this since I got my M3 3 years ago so happy to see it finally implemented and working well.

can you search and play stuff using the built in voice commands or does that only work wiht spotify?

Steam but only for £100k 2022 cars that aren't available in the UK. I can play Cuphead, there no reason to restrict Steam to cars with16gb ram.

no apple for me, so hopefully I can remove it from the sources.

Cards back is S tier.
The new S and X have a CPU and GPU comparable to a PS5/Xbox Series X... so there is good reason to restrict it. Unless we get cloud gaming.