Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a situation where the outside temperature is still fairly low, but the interior has been heated by the sun, I would expect that the climate control system would cool the car simply by circulating external air, so would use negligible power - basically running nothing more than the fan. So not too different from opening the windows, really.
I think only if you turn off the AC, otherwise it will use it to cool the cabin as quickly as possible rather than as efficiently as possible.

I'm pretty sure that when I used to start driving with a 'fairly' full battery, and it was cold, I got a message something like 'Regenerative Braking Reduced' - I noticed this morning a message that said 'Deceleration limit when accelerator released OK to drive - Use brake pedal as needed'

Has that changed recently and I missed it - I'm on 2022.8.2?

Attachments

• IMG_20220321_073913.jpg
    IMG_20220321_073913.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 85
I'm pretty sure that when I used to start driving with a 'fairly' full battery, and it was cold, I got a message something like 'Regenerative Braking Reduced' - I noticed this morning a message that said 'Deceleration limit when accelerator released OK to drive - Use brake pedal as needed'

Has that changed recently and I missed it - I'm on 2022.8.2?

Aside from the wording of the message recent software updates (before 2022.8.2) have already modified the management of regen braking. Last summer if morning temperatures were even around 15C I could get the "regeneration limited" message if 80% battery and going down a hill. This winter I have only rarely seen that message even at temps not much above freezing... so something has changed.

what I do not like is that if I zoom or move map now, while sat nav is active, I need to press the button to re-center to the car. I think it used to do this automatically before?
Yep, I'm sure it used to do
what I do not like is that if I zoom or move map now, while sat nav is active, I need to press the button to re-center to the car. I think it used to do this automatically before?
I think the auto zoom/move feature disappeared in the last update or even earlier.

In a situation where the outside temperature is still fairly low, but the interior has been heated by the sun, I would expect that the climate control system would cool the car simply by circulating external air, so would use negligible power - basically running nothing more than the fan. So not too different from opening the windows, really.
If you have an octo-valve car then doesn't it try and scavenge the heat from the cabin for the battery?

Just updated to 2022.8.2 and it seemed to take ages. Much longer than others and was on 60% for most of that time. Also, there seemed to me a lot of ‘crash, bang, wallop’ coming from the car too as it updated.

It's been the quickest update to install on mine so far. Were you watching/waiting for it? Always seems to take longer then... A watched pot never boils.

1647906724841.png