Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please read your order agreement
View attachment 818062

It's a straightforward breach of unfair contract law - they can't say that they get to keep the money no matter who cancels the order, which makes the clause unenforceable.

In particular at the moment they can hardly claim they have to go through an expensive process to find a replacement customer when unallocated vehicles sell within minutes of being put up on their inventory pages.

What they rely on - same a most companies, particularly American ones - is the consumer not knowing their rights and not training their staff in the relevant consumer law.

If you paid by credit card, try taking it up with them; they're jointly responsible and are more dialled in to this stuff in most cases.

It's a straightforward breach of unfair contract law - they can't say that they get to keep the money no matter who cancels the order, which makes the clause unenforceable.

In particular at the moment they can hardly claim they have to go through an expensive process to find a replacement customer when unallocated vehicles sell within minutes of being put up on their inventory pages.

What they rely on - same a most companies, particularly American ones - is the consumer not knowing their rights and not training their staff in the relevant consumer law.

If you paid by credit card, try taking it up with them; they're jointly responsible and are more dialled in to this stuff in most cases.
I believe that the "code" or law covering trading on the internet has part to play here.
Of course just because the law protects us in such cases does not make our behaviour morally fair......I'm not suggesting that I would have any scruples in that regard though.... for the avoidance of doubt.."I would like my money back please"

We are all imperfect in various ways and when acting corporately, imperfect corporations are formed and then other organisations of the imperfect are formed to protect us from those grosser corporate imperfections... ....and... if I don't stop now and get supper started, I will disappear up my own jaxie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pajo78
Just for the sake of my knowledge - Is this the part of 14 days cancellation rights ? When you cancel any time before 14 days of receiving the car (including if you cancel before you've even received the vehicle) , then whole amount to be returned ?
I'm no expert on this sort of thing but yes, in the case of Tesla, this is definitely one of the reason why they would need to refund.

Reactions: suresh.thomas@
I believe that the "code" or law covering trading on the internet has part to play here.
Of course just because the law protects us in such cases does not make our behaviour morally fair......I'm not suggesting that I would have any scruples in that regard though.... for the avoidance of doubt.."I would like my money back please"

We are all imperfect in various ways and when acting corporately, imperfect corporations are formed and then other organisations of the imperfect are formed to protect us from those grosser corporate imperfections... ....and... if I don't stop now and get supper started, I will disappear up my own jaxie.

There are a bunch of laws that could be getting breached; as you say the distance selling regulations relating to internet trading will also factor in.

I'm not sure how asking for your money back when you decide you no longer want the car is immoral behaviour when they're not built to order, though. If It was a bespoke build and you cancelled when they had almost completed then I would agree, but in that case there are laws that would protect Tesla.

But whatever we happen to think about the morality of the situation, the law allows you you ask for you money back and does not allow Tesla to take away your rights 🤷‍♂️

buying the car through the business and trying to get insurance with the business as the policy holder. Any recommendations as to who is best to go with - Been trying to go through the comparison sites but they seem to only offer insurance if you are the policy holder?
I am sure I read somewhere that the Director of the company can be the policy holder. Not 100% sure, might be worth googling

It’s easy to get a refund for your deposit.

Simply remind Tesla that they are required to refund the deposit under the UK Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

Email address I used:
[email protected]
D2C53F12-5AE3-4D01-A04B-A7DCDFDD5E49.png

Hi all,
I just reserved my Tesla MYLR - woo! - as im
Doing a Tesla loan it’s asking for credit applications and payment details

Just sorting a few things regarding finances. Does this affect my order in anyway? (In terms of delays)

Probably will fill in this in a few weeks, I just wanted to know whether this delays my entry into the “queue” or that doesn’t matter as I have my RN number?

Thank you.

Reactions: SparksTheory
Hi everyone - I'm new to TMC, so please be gentle.. :)
I see that lots of people who ordered their Model Y around the same time as me in the same general area, are getting their VIN numbers.
So I was wondering if anyone who has ordered a MYLR/BLUE_ex/BLACK_in/19 Gemini - no additional features around April 20th 2022 have had their VINs yet?
(Pickup from Southampton)

Also, I am very confused - Does the MYLR come with a mobile charger (Wall socket charger) or are these no longer being supplied with the vehicle?
I ask this because I specifically asked if it came with one when I put my ÂŁ200 down, and the sales rep said YES (at this time, I did not hear the news that they were no longer providing these chargers), I only found out a few weeks later that the mobile chargers are no longer being supplied - But I cannot seem to buy one from the UK Tesla shop?

Hi all,

Just sorting a few things regarding finances. Does this affect my order in anyway? (In terms of delays)

Probably will fill in this in a few weeks, I just wanted to know whether this delays my entry into the “queue” or that doesn’t matter as I have my RN number?

Thank you.
No it doesn’t but if you apply later you’re risking higher APR

Hi all,

Thank you.
Congratulations. I am neither sure of the effects of your credit application delay on your place in the queue or if anyone can provide that information, with certainty.

I would say though, in general, if your purchase of anything is contingent upon a successful credit application, you would be advised, once you have expressed your intention, to proceed with the providing the information required for the credit approval process without undue delay.

Alternatively, (next time) wait until you have your ducks in a row before applying for credit - you can always reject an approved funding offer.

Last edited:
I see that lots of people who ordered their Model Y around the same time as me in the same general area, are getting their VIN numbers.
So I was wondering if anyone who has ordered a MYLR/BLUE_ex/BLACK_in/19 Gemini - no additional features around April 20th 2022 have had their VINs yet?

Also, I am very confused - Does the MYLR come with a mobile charger (Wall socket charger) or are these no longer being supplied with the vehicle?
I ask this because I specifically asked if it came with one when I put my ÂŁ200 down, and the sales rep said YES (at this time, I did not hear the news that they were no longer providing these chargers), I only found out a few weeks later that the mobile chargers are no longer being supplied - But I cannot seem to buy one from the UK Tesla shop?
Welcome - I have a similar spec, with 20s, ordered at the same time. I haven’t seen any vins assigned for cars like ours after the start of April, so I recon we will be next in line and due September most likely.

Cars still come with mobile charger and it is listed in the equipment. It was the US only where they were removed.

Reactions: SparksTheory
Welcome - I have a similar spec, with 20s, ordered at the same time. I haven’t seen any vins assigned for cars like ours after the start of April, so I recon we will be next in line and due September most likely.

Cars still come with mobile charger and it is listed in the equipment. It was the US only where they were removed.
I believe Shanghai is ramping up massively. So my guess is that there will be a ship loaded with Tesla's bound for the UK leaving Shanghai in early July. This would mean that you might get a vin sometime around the middle of July and delivery early to mid August. Don't quote me on any of this, it's just a feeling more than anything.

Reactions: Toblerone

Hello and welcome

I think the latest order dates to receive vins for this quarter is around mid March. There may have been some after this for certain specs if demand was lower.

Mid April is certainly a good candidate for august and certainly September delivery.

Reactions: Toblerone
buying the car through the business and trying to get insurance with the business as the policy holder. Any recommendations as to who is best to go with - Been trying to go through the comparison sites but they seem to only offer insurance if you are the policy holder?

I was in a similar position and ended up going with Admiral, the only one that would accept a company as the registered keeper and didn’t cost the earth. I tried Aviva but they wanted something silly like £4,000.

Congratulations. I am neither sure of the effects of your credit application delay on your place in the queue or if anyone can provide that information, with certainty.

I would say though, in general, if your purchase of anything is contingent upon a successful credit application, you would be advised, once you have expressed your intention, to proceed with the providing the information required for the credit approval process without undue delay.

Alternatively, (next time) wait until you have your ducks in a row before applying for credit - you can always reject an approved funding offer.
Thanks for the response. I noticed it was a soft credit check, so all good and filled in.
Looking to trade my car in also (2010 Audi A4) so be interesting to see what Tesla offer for my car or if its better to go private for the sale.

I got this text today also. No change to my dates (currently Sept 18 - Nov 2nd) nor is a VIN found in source code. So I guess not! (did get my hopes up for a minute though).
Wasn’t expecting an change overnight on a Sunday (but ofcourse i check the app 7 days a week regardless!);
Has changed this morning to Sept 12th - Oct 27th.
OD was May 7 for MYLR white