Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The official internal communication (which you should be able to find on twitter or reddit) states cars ordered BEFORE April 17th should include the UMC (Mobile Charger). However - the wording is ambiguous - so you might need to fight / raise this on delivery if its not included.

Personally - and it pains me to say this, but this might be the last Tesla I order - until they can escape these short term quarterly cycles, I think this s**t is going to continue, removing features, finding ways to charge customers more (e.g. lease customers paying for PC). They're in a cycle where they can't not show a gain Q on Q - and we're the ones literally paying for it.

That said - the only benefit from it all right now - is that Tesla is continuing to deliver cars at pace.... so better than ordering from VAG right now!
Thanks, I’ll be right cheesed off if it’s not included since the SA specifically said the car would come with one (ordered 18th March within a week or so of that conversation)

Exactly this, if mine arrives before mid-July I’ll be relying on this cable (and presumably some sort of Euro adapter) to trickle charge from a mobile home in France…
Ok - going to state the obvious here - but don't use a travel adapter to plug in the UMC. I'm sure it might "work" - but goodness me that would be a huge fire hazard.

Instead buy one of these before hand (Schuko Adapter).

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
I’ve reached the point of resignation on the Model Y order rollercoaster so went shopping. Bought a powered frunk kit from Hansshow…. At least I’ve got a tracking number for it which is more than I’ve got for the car… (15% off with promo code BTG)

The official internal communication (which you should be able to find on twitter or reddit) states cars ordered BEFORE April 17th should include the UMC (Mobile Charger). However - the wording is ambiguous - so you might need to fight / raise this on delivery if its not included.

Personally - and it pains me to say this, but this might be the last Tesla I order - until they can escape these short term quarterly cycles, I think this s**t is going to continue, removing features, finding ways to charge customers more (e.g. lease customers paying for PC). They're in a cycle where they can't not show a gain Q on Q - and we're the ones literally paying for it.

That said - the only benefit from it all right now - is that Tesla is continuing to deliver cars at pace.... so better than ordering from VAG right now!
Tesla are far the first manufacturer to make the charger an optional extra.

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
The Enyaq I ordered before deciding on the Tesla would have been Type 2 only. Strangely our Passat GTE has both. We bought it 2nd hand so I can’t be sure if it was standard equipment or not

Now I think about it, the PHEV we had before that was only supposed to come with a granny cable, but the dealer threw in a Type-2->Type-1 cable because they happened to have some kicking around (it had ChADEMO and Type-1).

Hi all!

I have ordered my first ever Tesla Model 3 (SR) ... ordered on Feb 15th and had the text confirmation from Tesla on 23rd Feb.
I'm leasing (ZenAuto)...

Anyone know how long delivery times are roughly ? Not seeming to get much back from Lease Company :)
I ordered 7th March had the RN from tesla on the 8th, had little updates since. No EDD, been told to speak with lease company, thing is I went through a broker and they aren’t any good, just say it will arrive when it will arrive. Hoping it’s this quarter. Estimate was end of March when it was ordered. So hopefully not too much longer. The ahanghai situation hasn’t helped.

just say it will arrive when it will arrive
If it's any consolation, I've not gotten more than this from Tesla directly.

EDD's usually update on a Sunday (or so I've found), so I've tried to limit my obsessive refreshing to this one day of the week.

I get there's uncertainty around fulfilling orders given Shanghai has been closed, but I would have thought that Tesla would have a better idea of when they might get cars to us now that production's restarted.

Have same spec on order, MY / B / W / 19" , ordered 10th April and EDD still May 28 - June 25 pickup Bluewater.

Spoke to a rep today and asked will this be a realistic window to expect delivery and he just said June is Tesla's quarter end and they need to hit that target... Also last week other rep said car assignment should start in the next couple of weeks.

Wishing all this is true and stays on track 🤞

Reactions: Raj2022 and delta0