Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, just to clarify:

On approaching a mini roundabout if I indicate Right I could be taking "last exit", or I could be "doing a U-Turn" (which usually comes as a surprise to anyone waiting at final-exit!)

I think assuming "Indicator shows intention when entering mini-roundabout" means people probably think "That car is turning right / taking last exit" ... and indicating to leave the roundabout makes it clear that I am indeed taking the last-exit ... rather than carrying on round.

if I am doing a U-Turn then I am going to assume that traffic entering from the last-exit will not to be expecting me to do that!

My indicators are also cancelling prematurely since .8

Indicating left at an island stationary, after half a dozen clicks, the indicators stopped
I thought maybe I was imagining it but on dual carriageway the other day with autopilot on (No EAP) when indicating to change lanes, it then stopped a good few times before I moved over rather than how it used to stop once you’d changed lanes.

That doesn't have a distinction between indicating to turn right, and doing a U-turn ...
Yeah, it's a limitation without a fix and whenever I do a u-turn on any roundabout I'm always more aware that it's an unusual maneuver and people at the last 'normal' turnoff I could have used could assume I'm leaving there and enter. Sod all you can do about it other than be careful, as even on a big roundabout you'd be indicating to continue.

Though there is an ultra-mini roundabout by me that the crappy turning circle of a Tesla means a u-turn would be pretty entertaining :D

Avoid making U-turns at mini-roundabouts. Beware of others doing this.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10(1) & 16(1)
It's strange that it's an avoid rather than a legal/illegal. I don't think I'd have the guts to try it on most minis with the M3 turning circle!
I have been indicating intent to help the flow on a mini roundabout near me, so if I'm going straight over I'll indicate left (there is no left) to let others move on to the roundabout.
BUT I don't trust people's indicators on roundabouts, too unreliable. Many either don't indicate or it's left on or they suddenly change their mind and keep going etc. I trust the car movement.

Reactions: Pink Duck
My 2020 M3P got updated to .8 on Thursday, and since then I am getting frequent warnings from the off-side USS sensors, mostly the front, but both at times. I can be sitting at a set of traffic lights with no cars anywhere near, and suddenly the red line appears and I get a STOP warning, and I haven’t even moved!

This started straight after the update. I have done the whole two-button and brake thing and it had no effect.

Anyone else seen this, or am I raising a service request?

My 2020 M3P got updated to .8 on Thursday, and since then I am getting frequent warnings from the off-side USS sensors, mostly the front, but both at times. I can be sitting at a set of traffic lights with no cars anywhere near, and suddenly the red line appears and I get a STOP warning, and I haven’t even moved!

This started straight after the update. I have done the whole two-button and brake thing and it had no effect.

May seem daft, but have you made sure the sensors aren’t covered in crud? Might be worth a wipe before you send off a SR.

I’ve had .8 for some time and never had this error.

Reactions: spooksman