Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3SR+ is still on 2023.38.6, is 44.1 linked to a specific version or model?

According to cars registered on TeslaFi (a very representative number of vehicles), you are on the version that the majority of vehicles are on. Nothing odd about your car - quite the opposite. 2023.44.x is the current odd one out, and very possibly for a good reason, that its unfinished so early minor versions are quite different (functionally and reliably) to the general release version.

Updates are not available to all cars at the same time. Even seemingly identical vehicles may receive different versions at different times, even quite a considerable time between.

1701033067889.png

Reactions: Kotrado
According to cars registered on TeslaFi (a very representative number of vehicles), you are on the version that the majority of vehicles are on. Nothing odd about your car - quite the opposite. 2023.44.x is the current odd one out, and very possibly for a good reason, that its unfinished so early minor versions are quite different (functionally and reliably) to the general release version.

Updates are not available to all cars at the same time. Even seemingly identical vehicles may receive different versions at different times, even quite a considerable time between.

View attachment 993926
Great explanation, thanks!

So will 2023.44.25 be a bumper holiday update this year ?

What are anyone's predictions. I'll go with

1. Auto Fog lights, that never work, or work all the time and you can't turn them off
2. Light show extended to the RGB strip only on highland Model 3s
3. Dynamic SuperCharger availability prediction for the UK, that everyone will be irritated by and ignore
4. Ability to customise your indicator flash pattern
5. Media app to play curated adverts from X, beaming antisemitic and antivax conspiracy nonsense but only while you are parked
6. A new game, that's still somehow worse than all of the old Apogee shareware from the early '90s

1. Auto Fog lights, that never work, or work all the time and you can't turn them off
3. Dynamic SuperCharger availability prediction for the UK, that everyone will be irritated by and ignore
5. Media app to play curated adverts from X, beaming antisemitic and antivax conspiracy nonsense but only while you are parked
6. A new game, that's still somehow worse than all of the old Apogee shareware from the early '90s
it will be new Christmas fart sound which was in development since march 2023 by 25 AP and rain sensor developer team

Hang on, I’m the cynical one, not you! Unless this is tongue in cheek.

To add some balance - I could believe any of these could happen 🙃

Reactions: GRiLLA
Driving down the motorway yesterday I did notice something I haven’t seen the car do, before. Whilst passing a lorry that was very close to the edge of the lane, the car noticeably moved over in the lane to keep some space between us. It didn’t do this every time we passed lorries, but then they weren’t all quite so close to the edge. Didn’t notice as much phantom braking, but probably due to specific weather conditions and driving circumstances.

Reactions: Avendit
Driving down the motorway yesterday I did notice something I haven’t seen the car do, before. Whilst passing a lorry that was very close to the edge of the lane, the car noticeably moved over in the lane to keep some space between us. It didn’t do this every time we passed lorries, but then they weren’t all quite so close to the edge. Didn’t notice as much phantom braking, but probably due to specific weather conditions and driving circumstances.
It’s done that since quite a few updates to be honest
It's interesting there's been nothing rumoured firmware wise for christmas, not even in leaks.
what would you want them to add?