Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not trying at all to defend Tesla here, but in terms of future proofing, I'd much rather have some hardware already fitted to my car with software implementation coming later.
That way, when Tesla decides they want to finally allocate that half-day of dev time, we will all benefit, rather than looking jealously at the newer batch of '24 ('25 anyone) cars that will be the only ones capable. That way we, current owners, have still something to look forward to.
In a word; yes, it's long overdue, but still grateful that they are fitting matrix headlights to our cars where they could have decided to use a bog standard for everyone and keep Matrix for a new refresh/facelift (Highland/Juniper or later).
And yes, I know they are not doing it out of kindness of heart but for streamlining parts/assembly around the world but still..
I don’t disagree with this other than it’s just really pretty easy. They’ve made great progress on vision based parking sensors with Neural Networks but nothing on this simple problem. There’s I think even open source projects that have solved this that they could use. If it’s a lack of developers then they need to hire more and make better progress across the board.

Also they’ve just changed headlight design with Highland, what’s the bet that it never comes to older cars that have the hardware but they just cannot be bothered? I mean the harder part won’t be the software but probably having to get the lights tested to regulations in many countries. Will they do that on a discontinued headlight and car design? They’ve never said they’d make the headlights adaptive that I’m aware of so maybe better to just add to new cars as one extra reason to tempt people to upgrade to a newer model.

Reactions: goRt and WllXM
Other way round, it has been a year since we could not turn off the wipers when on autopilot.
tumblr_o56yt1qAfJ1rlafseo1_400.gifv

I noticed some strange AP behaviour on 2023.44.30.4 on A140 last night, where it would normally cruise on by just fine with green light acknowledgements, this time it began to slow irrationally to around 15 mph, hovering there for a few hundred metres with no vehicles around, then resumed after a couple of pedal pressure suggestions to get on with it.

The steering jiggle demands are definitely less patient after the suspension policy update too.

Until they specifically mention it on the release notes I would always assume these supposed wiper improvements are subjective rather than anything actually being improved
It should come as no surprise to any longtime owner that Tesla seems to tweak and adjust things without express reference in release notes. They are aware of the auto-wiper complaints and shortcomings. So it is quite possible that tweaks to the algorithm are happening without specific mention.

Again, it's all subjective. You have no proof they have tweaked anything, you just seem to think they have because something has behaved slightly differently in conditions you perceive to be the same but are actually different

For every one person who thinks the wipers have improved, there will be countless others who will think it's the same or has got worse. In reality the former and the latter are wrong and the group in the middle are correct.

Auto wipers fine for me today. Discovered that you can use the left scroll wheel to pick the wiper speed if you push the end of the stalk first.

Autopilot definitely more naggy and needs quite a lot of force in both directions before the message clears. Shame we have to suffer because the Americans are unable to go more than 30 seconds without sending a text.

Definitely seems less panicky around other vehicles, which is a welcome change.

When playing a lock sound on my car it ends with another "shout", which can be a loud noise or a voice. Same happens when I play custom horn sound. There is always a loud "shout" (scream/bang) at the end. Is it just me?
Had exactly the same thing. I actually thought it was a snippet of the radio I was listening too coming out the external speaker right at the end of the lock sound for about 0.5 seconds.

It doesn’t happen when I walk away from the car but only inside when I’m playing around with the boombox.

Reactions: SergeyP