Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good WiFi alone isn't enough, it needs good mobile signal to wake the car up in order to connect to the WiFi
I mean, I’ve been in city’s and my phone has connected quickly to the car via the app. They say they can’t speak to the car at all and they haven’t had an issue before.

As a side point, I’ve noticed that the lack of visualisations is happening in the same locations so it may indeed be a map issue.

I'm wondering whether this is some kind of geographic issue... just so odd for it to have a major failure at the same place, and for me, only at that same place.

When going down a steep local hill, (Frooms Hill Hereford if anyone knows it) I sometimes Knock it into neutral to give the brakes a workout, today it wouldn't shift, and a message flashed up "to shift into neutral Press N" or something like that. I think this is new in .6.

Dry wiping. Sheesh.

I've logged it with Tesla as well, their Remote Diagnostic Technicians are currently reviewing it.

I'll feed back when I hear from them.

My car has good wifi access most of the time, so that should not be an issue for me.
I've now heard back from Tesla.

As posted up thread, Tesla tell me its a software fault that materialised with 2024.2.6, with a critical fault occurring in the processor. They're working on a fix which will be with us in the next few weeks.
Good WiFi alone isn't enough, it needs good mobile signal to wake the car up in order to connect to the WiFi

I have good wifi and mobile signal. I seem to get the software releases relatively early/quickly.

I've now heard back from Tesla.

As posted up thread, Tesla tell me its a software fault that materialised with 2024.2.6, with a critical fault occurring in the processor. They're working on a fix which will be with us in the next few weeks.

Was about to post but saw you got it first - They said similar to me, but it was specifically on 2024.2.X (not unique to .6) and said even if I got .7 pushed to me the issue is still there. He shared that there fleet metrics is full of these errors. Asked some details about the roundabouts which trigger it (as I can trigger it on demand on my local roundabouts) and said that got added to the report.

He went on about something about the secondary AP hitting a software fault and crashing based on the logs or along those lines.

Interesting experience for me as a new Tesla owner, I won't be rushing to update anymore if this is the level of quality control they have lol

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Ah, it still doesn't take long for the novelty of software updates to wear off I see.

As a partial solution, if Tesla are unable to connect remotely and the car needs to be woken up when there is no mobile signal. Leaving sentry mode on at home while connected to WiFi, will keep the car awake and connected to the mother ship.

Ah, it still doesn't take long for the novelty of software updates to wear off I see.

As a partial solution, if Tesla are unable to connect remotely and the car needs to be woken up when there is no mobile signal. Leaving sentry mode on at home while connected to WiFi, will keep the car awake and connected to the mother ship.
Apparently not so from my car! The Tesla techs exact words were ‘Your car isn’t playing well with others at the moment’. I’ve looked in service mode and everything is fine so will be interesting to find out the communication problem tomorrow.

Was about to post but saw you got it first - They said similar to me, but it was specifically on 2024.2.X (not unique to .6) and said even if I got .7 pushed to me the issue is still there. He shared that there fleet metrics is full of these errors. Asked some details about the roundabouts which trigger it (as I can trigger it on demand on my local roundabouts) and said that got added to the report.

He went on about something about the secondary AP hitting a software fault and crashing based on the logs or along those lines.

Interesting experience for me as a new Tesla owner, I won't be rushing to update anymore if this is the level of quality control they have lol
yeah, I logged the fault with both 2024.2.6 and 2024.2.7 - the fault is indeed on both versions of the software.

They told me to expect an update in a few weeks and that should the error re-occur after that update then to get in touch.

They did not tell me about the roundabout causing the problem. My system crashed on exactly the same stretch of road, there are roundabouts there but I did not see the exact moment the fault triggered.

Could be there is a background update that is recording specific UK roundabout data for fleet learning, and for whatever reason this is causing the crash?

yeah, I logged the fault with both 2024.2.6 and 2024.2.7 - the fault is indeed on both versions of the software.

They told me to expect an update in a few weeks and that should the error re-occur after that update then to get in touch.

They did not tell me about the roundabout causing the problem. My system crashed on exactly the same stretch of road, there are roundabouts there but I did not see the exact moment the fault triggered.

Could be there is a background update that is recording specific UK roundabout data for fleet learning, and for whatever reason this is causing the crash?
Perhaps it’s because we go the other way round roundabouts 😂

I'm on 2024.2.6 and noticed going round a roundabout this weekend that everything froze (even the indicator camera) but maybe I was lucky as it unfoze after about 5 seconds and didn't have any issues for the rest of the day. It happened about 36 miles into trip and the whole day I did around 140 miles.

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
Apparently not so from my car! The Tesla techs exact words were ‘Your car isn’t playing well with others at the moment’. I’ve looked in service mode and everything is fine so will be interesting to find out the communication problem tomorrow.

Yours does sound a different issue. Albeit a very odd one as the VPN the car creates to the mother ship is common to many functions.

Knowing Tesla as we do, I'm not at all surprised that changes have broken something.

But more generally for others, if waking is the problem (i.e. no mobile signal), then holding the car awake with WiFi is the answer.

Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: Morpheus84
Can you downgrade?? I thought it was like Apple that once it’s installed it’s a done thing? Would have done this many times before!
We as owners can't but imagine Tesla would be able to push it - seems crazy that they roll out an update the breaks major functionality and they just expect people to put up with it for weeks before the next buggy update is released.

Reactions: Morpheus84
One thing is 100% for certain, it will not fix the auto wipers. That would be like asking Andy Murray to win Wimbledon with a Badminton Racquet.

One can seem to spin any claim these days, just maybe not as most would imagine…