Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Durzel said:

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop on Aliexpress now. Taking all my resolve not to order loads of things I don't need. I also can't understand how on Earth there is any profit in any of this stuff when you factor the shipping cost to the UK. It's not like it takes very long to get here either.

You should consider china exports in a different way. Firstly as a 'developing country' they have cheap postage rights outbound. Then consider the politics of it - any foreign sale is a source of hard currency, any sale costs the receiving country money in terms of delivering the goods, loss of trade balance, loss of internally manufactured alternatives therefore loss of manufacturing capacity and jobs. As a dictatorship China can afford to play the long game as the west slowly drip-bleeds....
That's probably a fair analysis. The future certainly looks Chinese, esp the state that the US is in. For sure lil 'ole UK matters for nought any more.

Have you got the front seat fully forward and at the highest setting? It certainly looks like your plastic bit is missing. Perhaps it’s an optional extra on the SR+ ;)

This is what mine looks like before the grill:

View attachment 561198
Got my vent covers from Aliexpress today too (LUCKEASY). Seemed harder than I thought it would be to fit, but I was scared to push down on the covers for the clips to go on properly. My carpet was getting in the way too. Basically I made what would probably have been a 2 minute job for any of you take like 15 mins. :(

Also, don't make the same mistake I did and put the seat all the way forward and tilted all the way forward (why I thought I needed to tilt it I don't know) and then lift it until it touches the headliner.. oops!

Reactions: Roy W.
Som5have managed to crack the glass in the sun visor by tilting the seats all the way forward. Hope you didn't do that!
Why did you have to say that...

A1B92D2F-ECA7-4647-9E88-CE9E49FC0605.jpeg

Well, the plastic covers will have cost me a bit more than £8. :(

Why did you have to say that...

View attachment 597158

Well, the plastic covers will have cost me a bit more than £8. :(

Oh no, I feel guilty now that you’ve followed my instructions and done this!

Thanks to @Medved_77 for pointing this issue out, I’d never heard of it.

@VanillaAir_UK Ian, would it be possible for you to add a note to my original post, #1267, pointing out the danger of breaking the visor mirror?

I’d never heard of it either. It’s quintessentially Tesla that you can move the seats past the point that you’re going to break stuff. I should be thankful I suppose that it wasn’t the windscreen or the roof.

Don’t feel bad. I’m gutted but more irritated at myself over it. Would just like to get it fixed quickly so I can stop thinking about it.

Reactions: Roy W.
I’d never heard of it either. It’s quintessentially Tesla that you can move the seats past the point that you’re going to break stuff. I should be thankful I suppose that it wasn’t the windscreen or the roof.

Don’t feel bad. I’m gutted but more irritated at myself over it. Would just like to get it fixed quickly so I can stop thinking about it.
Thank you. I would have thought that, as the seats know what position they’re in to implement the driver profiles, it would be possible for Tesla to limit the movement in software so this can’t happen.

Ok, not happy,....

I too have a broken passenger interior mirror, due to the inherent design fault.

I will be interested to see how Durzel gets on, I don’t intend paying for a replacement!

Hacked off already at the prospect of wasting Tuesday morning at an Autoglass centre whilst the replace the rear glass section if the roof, two massive cracks...

Sadly becoming less of a Tesla fan by the day... ;(

Attachments

• D84B6BC7-B16A-484D-8035-DE95E87342F6.jpeg
    D84B6BC7-B16A-484D-8035-DE95E87342F6.jpeg
    579.3 KB · Views: 59
Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I've just ordered my SR+ Telsa Model 3, and after several forum reviews I'm keen to understand what first accessories or extras people recommend?

Following the forum I can see something called Teslamate and people adding their own accessories such as LED's and stickers?

Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I've just ordered my SR+ Telsa Model 3, and after several forum reviews I'm keen to understand what first accessories or extras people recommend?

Following the forum I can see something called Teslamate and people adding their own accessories such as LED's and stickers?
SSD Drive for Sentry, Cupholders, Console Wrap and Floor Mats if not already provided.