Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations on a tool to remove the centre wheel cap on the aero wheel kit?

Not tried it but may work (I've used the technique to get plugs out of sinks) - if you have (recent) young family, the plastic removerable teat from infants milk bottles can be used as a sucker. Only worth doing if you have one easy to hand, but do make sure that the baby has stopped suckling on it before you try iy!

Otherwise Amazon etc have suction cup/dent pullers - iirc 55mm should do.

• Funny
Reactions: RichOB
Not tried it but may work (I've used the technique to get plugs out of sinks) - if you have (recent) young family, the plastic removerable teat from infants milk bottles can be used as a sucker. Only worth doing if you have one easy to hand, but do make sure that the baby has stopped suckling on it before you try iy!

Otherwise Amazon etc have suction cup/dent pullers - iirc 55mm should do.
I recently got rid of the baby bottles #noregrets

Thanks for the info.

I think it was me who recommended them? Glad you liked them :) Fantastic company to deal with and I love the no nonsense approach on quality and durability. These will be on my list as soon as the lease company get their finger out and actually order me a car!

@Jibjab a great recommendation thank you, they gave fast efficient service and the product is excellent. Ideal for use in these cars, not as fandango as custom-sized luggage but pretty good value I reckon.

got the system working well now, the frunk does need some sort of container or bag for storing accessories and is coming into its own now, I’m using the frunk most days

Have learnt a lot these forums and really like the community spirit, so I thought i'd do a little review to give something back :)

I had pre-ordered the TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub Pro > TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub Pro
*Pre June 2020 Production model NON USB C

Dispatched 10th September, Delivered 16th September, very good!

Arrived in a fairly plain box but packaged well inside (Plenty of photos attached) Feel solid enough and the front has a nice softish feeling to it, doesn't feel cheap.
I like that it plugs directly into the ports, so no wires to mess around. Its fairly easy to line up and is a nice snug fit, isn't going to move around at all.
Includes a small USB C cable for those with SSD etc + a magnet sticker but I plugged my USB drive straight in. Tested out dashcam whilst charging a phone wirelessly, worked great.
Fired up BB Racing and plugged in my PS4 controller (definitely didn't end up playing a few games) and this worked fine also, phone remained charging no issue.

I would recommend this product, happy as it allows me to charge two phones, whilst having dashcam recording all the time + spare ports for controllers, USB music etc. All for a reasonable price too :D

Attachments

• 20200916_202436.jpg
    20200916_202436.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200916_202444.jpg
    20200916_202444.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200916_202524.jpg
    20200916_202524.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200916_202545.jpg
    20200916_202545.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200916_202554.jpg
    20200916_202554.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200916_202634.jpg
    20200916_202634.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200916_205110.jpg
    20200916_205110.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200916_205118.jpg
    20200916_205118.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative
Reactions: Chalks99 and Jeeves
Ordered the Alcantara Dashboard and Console side kit today:

Tesla Model 3 Alcantara Dashboard & Console Side Trim Kit

It's the last of the items on my wanted list and I'd been putting off the purchase for a while as it was a big outlay.

Bittersweet moment - I don't think there are any more accessories that I want for the car :(

Edit: Just remembered that Hansshow were releasing wide angle side mirror glass...Looks like these are now available, will tide me over until next month:
Wide angle side mirror glass for model 3,S,X | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

Durzel said:

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop on Aliexpress now. Taking all my resolve not to order loads of things I don't need. I also can't understand how on Earth there is any profit in any of this stuff when you factor the shipping cost to the UK. It's not like it takes very long to get here either.

Probably they cost 50p to manufacture.

You should consider china exports in a different way. Firstly as a 'developing country' they have cheap postage rights outbound. Then consider the politics of it - any foreign sale is a source of hard currency, any sale costs the receiving country money in terms of delivering the goods, loss of trade balance, loss of internally manufactured alternatives therefore loss of manufacturing capacity and jobs. As a dictatorship China can afford to play the long game as the west slowly drip-bleeds....