Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Storage bags - I bought a selection from Montrose Bags following recommendation from a forum member - lovely quality product and great value for a waterproof bag. I bought a bright yellow one for Frunk storage in case I am at the roadside so I have something brightly coloured to warn at front of car. Not essential but useful and practical for waterproof lugging of chargers, cables etc if you so require.
Please would you be kind enough to elaborate?

Not Model 3 specific but a handy thing to keep in the car. Rechargeable torch with high lumen output, rechargeable from a USB socket. Bought this around a year ago for £17.44, bit cheaper than current price of £19.99 but very happy with it. Nice and compact but feels sturdy as it's a metal body not plastic. Battery is a standard rechargeable AA so can easily be replaced if it does pack up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nebo-NB670...07M9C5M19/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Not Model 3 specific but a handy thing to keep in the car. Rechargeable torch with high lumen output, rechargeable from a USB socket. Bought this around a year ago for £17.44, bit cheaper than current price of £19.99 but very happy with it. Nice and compact but feels sturdy as it's a metal body not plastic. Battery is a standard rechargeable AA so can easily be replaced if it does pack up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nebo-NB670...07M9C5M19/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Handy but ... I've got an aluminium torch in the car too ... cost me a pound! It's got an alkaline battery in it that will last for several years. Unless you use a torch regularly the rechargeable feature is probably not worth it IMHO.

I know that we've covered (no pun intended) car covers before, but has anyone any new suggestions for a good outdoor cover?

It's pheasant wandering season here again, and I know that they will start beating the living daylights out of their reflection seen in my car before too long, as they did last year. Last time cost a couple of hundred pounds to get the paint chip chap around to spray the area they battered, and I meant to get a cover then, but there seemed to be some debate about which covers fitted well, allowed charging and weren't likely to damage the paintwork. Had a look on the Tesla UK site and can't seem to find the official cover any more.

I know that we've covered (no pun intended) car covers before, but has anyone any new suggestions for a good outdoor cover?

It's pheasant wandering season here again, and I know that they will start beating the living daylights out of their reflection seen in my car before too long, as they did last year. Last time cost a couple of hundred pounds to get the paint chip chap around to spray the area they battered, and I meant to get a cover then, but there seemed to be some debate about which covers fitted well, allowed charging and weren't likely to damage the paintwork. Had a look on the Tesla UK site and can't seem to find the official cover any more.

I'd give the SC a call to order the stock one. At the moment (in the land of cheese) they don't list a lot of things on the website, but I usually can order what I want when speaking with them. They don't even have their winter tire package listed for example. I just ordered a rear USB-c replacement for the ac vents to swap out the usb-a ones in my car (using a special adapter to increase the watts to 27w) and they had no issue ordering it for me. I'd assume getting a car cover would be trivial. It's the larger items like the US spec "Track package" that they won't sell here.

• Helpful
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
I didn't have this last winter and regretted it. I go to the alps often in the winter and end up charging outside in public parking. This is a cool little cover to protect the charge port. Also useful if you need to charge outside when there is heavy rain. Just received it yesterday:

In Use | Yet-E-Boot

Looks like a good solution for people in snowy areas ... also looks easy to make your own if you fancied a wee project. Wouldn't work with vehicles that don't have a steel panel around the port due to magnetic requirement... so not for Model S presumably. I can't say I've ever had issues with heavy rain though ...

I'd give the SC a call to order the stock one. At the moment (in the land of cheese) they don't list a lot of things on the website, but I usually can order what I want when speaking with them. They don't even have their winter tire package listed for example. I just ordered a rear USB-c replacement for the ac vents to swap out the usb-a ones in my car (using a special adapter to increase the watts to 27w) and they had no issue ordering it for me. I'd assume getting a car cover would be trivial. It's the larger items like the US spec "Track package" that they won't sell here.

Thanks, I've emailed a request, but whether it gets a response will be debatable. Trying to contact anyone at Tesla on the phone seems to be an exercise in frustration here, as a 20 minute wait to get through is pretty normal, perhaps because they've not got enough people manning the phones at the moment.

It's thing like this that make me wish that we either had a SC a bit closer (having to make an 80 mile round trip is a bit of a pain) or that Tesla kept everything up on their web shop, even if out of stock, so at least a back order request could be made. Mind you, the same goes for the Catch 22 I've recently experienced with Oscar and Hamish for frunk bags. They are out of stock, so I emailed them. The reply said that there was a 6 week lead time from placing an order. I asked if I could place an order, to be told that I could only do this when they were back in stock. I concluded that they probably weren't ever going to be back in stock because their system waits until they have enough orders before it orders in another batch, which it won't ever do as you can't order an out of stock item . . .

Please would you be kind enough to elaborate?

@Jeeves, here are some pics

Decided the flatter grey one ideal for Frunk, holding tow hook bag, emergency kit and less often used charger adaptors, plus have added in tow bar tester.

D5767C37-3E27-47C7-AC7A-26476AD01A99.jpeg

313E4E1D-1663-450F-879D-DCCFFEEDFDD5.jpeg

Big yellow one drops nicely into under-boot floor area, holding Type 2 cable, 10m extension for Juice Booster charger and then seat protectors and rear shade sit on top.

E2070B96-CA63-4D20-8A68-383332F5AEDA.jpeg

E86A1698-0A4E-47D0-AB64-A573A754107D.jpeg

3FE7C82D-8FF8-4822-B411-A05608B21AAB.jpeg

Then have another smaller bag that sits in boot (they don’t slide around at all on the Basenor/Amazon boot liner) for various bits, takeaway food etc.

702E6D31-1CD8-4EA8-8D58-C7EB05A49B60.jpeg

Decided the flatter grey one ideal for Frunk, holding tow hook bag, emergency kit and less often used charger adaptors, plus have added in tow bar tester.

View attachment 587727

View attachment 587726

Big yellow one drops nicely into under-boot floor area, holding Type 2 cable, 10m extension for Juice Booster charger and then seat protectors and rear shade sit on top.

View attachment 587728

View attachment 587729

View attachment 587730

Then have another smaller bag that sits in boot (they don’t slide around at all on the Basenor/Amazon boot liner) for various bits, takeaway food etc.

View attachment 587731
These look awesome do you have the sizes to the ones you have or even better links?

Rather surprisingly, I've had a response back from Tesla about the outdoor cover. Apparently it's only available in North America, for some reason, and there are no current plans to sell it in Europe.

I've just been on to the US Tesla shop site and it allows me to log in, and allows me to place an order, it seems. I'm contemplating just pushing the button and ordering it from the US Tesla store, but before I do, has anyone else tried this, and knows whether or not it works for a UK delivery?

Edited to add:

Just tried it. The Tesla US shop lets me order it, until trying to check out, where it won't accept orders from outwith the USA.

Might have to try and find someone in the US that will kindly ship one over here, given that Tesla won't for some reason. I can't see that this can be related to LHD/RHD, as looking at videos of the Tesla Model 3 cover there doesn't seem to be anything specific to the side that the steering wheel happens to be on.

Last edited:

View attachment 587727

View attachment 587726

View attachment 587728

View attachment 587729

View attachment 587730

View attachment 587731

I think it was me who recommended them? Glad you liked them :) Fantastic company to deal with and I love the no nonsense approach on quality and durability. These will be on my list as soon as the lease company get their finger out and actually order me a car!

Reactions: LongRanger