Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just fitted this, much better than the sticky label type as it's an acrylic sheet which brings the console lids up to the level of the surround

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081DT6349/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 523691

I have one of these also and did a practice test fit yesterday; by practice I loose fitted it without removing the self-adhesive backing strips. However I was concerned that the forward most part would clash when the lid is raised. Do you have any such issues?

It took longer for me to peel off the backing than it did to fit it correctly.

Really easy!

Attachments

• 43BCBA06-748A-4529-8B54-6C05AD5CB1AC.jpeg
    43BCBA06-748A-4529-8B54-6C05AD5CB1AC.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Mr H
Just fitted this, much better than the sticky label type as it's an acrylic sheet which brings the console lids up to the level of the surround

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081DT6349/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 523691

Have you / has anyone seen the carbon acrylic centre console alongside the white interior?

I’ve just installed the white satin console wrap but not happy with the finish. Not sure the carbon will go with the white interior but like the idea of the easier fitting.

Have you / has anyone seen the carbon acrylic centre console alongside the white interior?

I’ve just installed the white satin console wrap but not happy with the finish. Not sure the carbon will go with the white interior but like the idea of the easier fitting.
It’s not the acrylic one but possibly looks similar from a distance. Before and after installation. The dash cover is real carbon and lovely but perhaps a little glossy and a bare carbon would work better.

Attachments

• 1E97BD84-D313-4894-BA52-42A3B44CD1E7.jpeg
    1E97BD84-D313-4894-BA52-42A3B44CD1E7.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 60
  • E8FB3B29-68E2-48B9-8FD8-2C967CFF49AD.jpeg
    E8FB3B29-68E2-48B9-8FD8-2C967CFF49AD.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 64
It’s not the acrylic one but possibly looks similar from a distance. Before and after installation. The dash cover is real carbon and lovely but perhaps a little glossy and a bare carbon would work better.

Thanks! It does look nice but do you thing the console would look good if the dash wasn’t also done?

I’m now wondering if I should just have another go at the white wrap but it’s expensive in the event I mess it up again. And it’s probably never going to be perfect and always irritate me!

Thanks! It does look nice but do you thing the console would look good if the dash wasn’t also done?

I’m now wondering if I should just have another go at the white wrap but it’s expensive in the event I mess it up again. And it’s probably never going to be perfect and always irritate me!
Ordered the stick on panel type yesterday instead of the wrap.

#Aliexpress £21.80 21%OFF | For Tesla Model 3 2017-2020 Matte Black Center Console Cup Holder Panel Cover Trim
US $26.65 21% OFF|For Tesla Model 3 2017 2020 Matte Black Center Console Cup Holder Panel Cover Trim|Automotive Interior Stickers| | - AliExpress

The one linked is matt black but the seller does do these in white too. No idea about quality yet and will take a few weeks to arrive but thought it was worth a punt.

Reactions: G6JOJ
I think lockdown has finally made me crack. I just ordered 2 more satin white wrap kits AND the carbon shell kit from Abstract Ocean. All bases covered.

You could say I have more money than sense but in reality I now have no money and no sense. Expect 1 or 2 of the above to appear in the buy/sell sticky in the next week or so! (Unless I completely screw it up 3 times)

I think lockdown has finally made me crack. I just ordered 2 more satin white wrap kits AND the carbon shell kit from Abstract Ocean. All bases covered.

You could say I have more money than sense but in reality I now have no money and no sense. Expect 1 or 2 of the above to appear in the buy/sell sticky in the next week or so! (Unless I completely screw it up 3 times)
I think you'd have to try really hard to screw up the shell kit!

My TapTes USB Hub arrived today. Here are some photos of the unit as it arrived, one showing my SSD installed in the secret compartment, and then the old and new in the car.

I ordered it late January just as the shutdown took hold in China. It was despatched last Friday so took eight days to arrive, no customs charge. It cost me £19.78 delivered.

3A9B2D6E-2DA7-482D-807C-0D17C8302F46.jpeg
F2B51C08-A956-443D-BA00-DE9CC931B918.jpeg
EDE0FE37-6799-4DEE-8C4E-4B2A19D97238.jpeg
9303A45D-AB28-499A-85D3-440C5150A3BC.jpeg
4B299185-869B-4C19-BE45-56E9468B3588.jpeg

Attachments

• 736A8654-AA84-406B-A3CE-07E7654C235B.jpeg
    736A8654-AA84-406B-A3CE-07E7654C235B.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 41
My TapTes USB Hub arrived today. Here are some photos of the unit as it arrived, one showing my SSD installed in the secret compartment, and then the old and new in the car.

I ordered it late January just as the shutdown took hold in China. It was despatched last Friday so took eight days to arrive, no customs charge. It cost me £19.78 delivered.

View attachment 529211 View attachment 529212 View attachment 529213 View attachment 529214 View attachment 529215
:mad:79 days and counting :mad:

Ordered 5 in stock items and the USB hub on 16 Jan. Got 4 items so far, still waiting for floor mats and hub.

Did you get a dispatch notification for the hub or did it just turn up? Also, any noticeable difference to the unit from the first versions that allow you to overload the car's ports?

:mad:79 days and counting :mad:

Ordered 5 in stock items and the USB hub on 16 Jan. Got 4 items so far, still waiting for floor mats and hub.

Did you get a dispatch notification for the hub or did it just turn up? Also, any noticeable difference to the unit from the first versions that allow you to overload the car's ports?
I did get a shipment notification on 27 March. I seem to remember reading that they were starting to send the hubs out on 25 March.

I’ve no idea about any changes. I won’t be overloading the ports, as I only use it for the hidden SSD drive.

View attachment 529211 View attachment 529212 View attachment 529213 View attachment 529214 View attachment 529215
Nice, mine also arrived today....at the bloody office! Might be a few weeks before I get my hands on it :/

• Funny
Reactions: pow216 and Roy W.

That looks a really nice solution (I saw something similar in early days but price put me off) although I have now found a neat solution that meets our needs.

Curious though, how does that connect up to the existing two sockets? What about phone charging facilities - the phone cable is marginal length as it is? Without looking, can't remember off top of my head whether they would be affected - it may even help.

Taptes.jpg

Mine arrived today, ordered much the same time as you, just after I ordered the car. Such a lovely neat solution and I love the soft feel of it. Looks quality and excellent value for money.