Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No4 Superchargers found on GRIDSERVES new Electric Forecourt in Rutherglen, Glasgow.

No planning yet it would appear. Just gathering public consultation.

1683661017992.png

1683660904864.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Wybrook and cezdoc
supercharge.info is showing that Park Royal has reopened. Anyone know if this is correct?

EDIT: Discussion on TOUK of it being open (16 V3 stalls). Not sure if we actually have solid confirmation, i.e. someone actually visiting it, though, or if this is just based on the car/app showing the site as available.

Last edited:
It looks like Tebay has power supply issues preventing large scale upgrades and also now has competition for the available power. The owners of Tebay are doing their own branded chargers at their sites. The following link was posted on another site.

Westmorland Family Charging
Delighted to see considerable Groundworks at Tebay southbound yesterday for the additional Superchargers and Tebay’s own chargers.

Feels like the SC expansion here is really picking up pace - good to see. Fingers crossed for more in the North East...
Yes, it's getting hard to keep up with all the updates in the last few weeks: and another site has started construction. I'm afraid this is Kent, not the NE, but it will pair up nicely with Medway westbound.
Medway Eastbound (Moto M2 services): three charger cabinets are just about visible in the photo shared by TOUK on Twitter suggesting 12 V3 stalls are planned.

Not strictly SC news but I used the SC at the Ferrybridge Services (M62/A1(M) on the way back to Leicester from Newcastle yesterday and saw that there were Gridserve chargers being installed in the car park row before the Tesla SC row. Could be a handy fall back during busy SC times, it's certainly my preferred stop over Scotch Corner or Woodhall services on my route to/from the North East. Apologies if it's been mentioned before.

IMG_1476(1).jpg

those gridserve chargers may not be the positive you’re hoping for, if the bank of gridserve chargers at Reading are anything to go by. I tried 6 of their chargers last weekend before finding one that worked for more than a minute, and watched many people do the same thing. No wonder there were so many empty chargers!

Reactions: adsheff
Of all the MSA’s you’d expect it would be one of the easiest to get substantial power to as its right next to the site of the Ferrybridge power station which is a huge coal fired beast with all the associated high voltage/power infrastructure to boot.

Reactions: guru1
The Ferrybridge site must have a lot of power going to it with all of those Gridserve chargers plus the Tesla ones. Shame they don't spend as much time picking up all the litter around the site as they should do!
it is literally down the road from the old Ferrybridge coal plant (2 WtE plants are instead of 1 old coal one). Drax and eggborough are in vicinity... there's shedload of grid capacity there