Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really Ford could fit NACS ports to their cars any time ( Tesla have made it freely available) but wihthout doing a deal with Tesla it would be worse than useless. The News is he deals done to allow Ford and GM access to ALL US superchargers
My point was if they have done it in the US they could do it even more easily in the UK since everyone already has a port that would plug into a supercharger. So while I don't expect the whole UK network to be opened up to everyone for a while. (we are not the Netherlands they have 25% of all the chargers in the EU). Could we see individual manufacturers get access?...
my prediction, which I stated previously, is that ALL tesla SCs will be open to others by end of 2025. it will be a quite significant revenue stream for tesla.

The big change is that Tesla will allow Ford & GM access to the supercharger API. this should allow their cars to show stall availability and also plug and charge capability, as what Teslas have now.

It looks like API access comes next year, as such I would think this would allow European superchargers to be fully opened up the same time, i.e. 2024.

back to the topic, it looks like Pease Pottage is progressing, with V3 charging stalls now in place on the tombstones.

Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
A bit of topic, but I found this site that gives real time info on Tesla and other chargers. May be useful some day...

A bit of topic, but I found this site that gives real time info on Tesla and other chargers. May be useful some day...
Not seen that one before. It's fantastic. Thanks for sharing (even if off topic ;) )

I’ve been away with work for a while so haven’t been on the forum but thought I’d drop in with some updates.
🔥Work has begun on what will be the UK’s largest Supercharger site. It should be a fast build and be open in time for the summer getaway with more bays than Heathrow T5 or Westfield which are the current largest with 24. Can’t name the site yet, but will ask permission to name it. It is on a vital route so will be great news.
🔥V4 is on the way with first sites planned BUT UK V4 hardware has a specific design requirement so my bet is end of Q3 for the first installs.
🔥I should be able to livestream an opening of a new site soon . It is one where we have cause to celebrate it opening. 🎈
🔥So much happening and in the pipeline so it should be a crazy second half of the year!
🔥Moto progress is crazy fast which is brilliant news for the motorway network.

UK

very strange map for uk.. but what is REALLY impressive - is Latvia 0_o
Netherlands is crowded with chargers... but look the spread in Latvia's map... omg.. nice
wow, just wow

Apple Maps also have access to Tesla Supercharger live API - coming in iOS 17.

Apple Maps also have access to Tesla Supercharger live API - coming in iOS 17.
With the Tesla API reporting the SoC of the car, I wonder if that means Apple Maps would be able to route plan with Supercharging? I think you can initiate pre-conditioning of the battery via the Tesla API, so Apple Maps might be able to act as a replacement for Tesla‘s built-in route planning using the Supercharger network?

Last edited:
Heathrow Superchargers (Bath Rd) now open to all vehicles. Turned up today with the car saying 5 available but in reality none due to the fact that they were being used from the wrong side.

Nice coffee in the hotel cafe though.
This seems like it could be such a simple fix (showing zero available, not the wrong side fundamentals!). The app/cloud for non-Tesla vehicles knows which bay the non-Tesla is parked in, so could easily mark both bays as unavailable.

I’ve been away with work for a while so haven’t been on the forum but thought I’d drop in with some updates.
🔥Work has begun on what will be the UK’s largest Supercharger site. It should be a fast build and be open in time for the summer getaway with more bays than Heathrow T5 or Westfield which are the current largest with 24. Can’t name the site yet, but will ask permission to name it. It is on a vital route so will be great news.
🔥V4 is on the way with first sites planned BUT UK V4 hardware has a specific design requirement so my bet is end of Q3 for the first installs.
🔥I should be able to livestream an opening of a new site soon . It is one where we have cause to celebrate it opening. 🎈
🔥So much happening and in the pipeline so it should be a crazy second half of the year!
🔥Moto progress is crazy fast which is brilliant news for the motorway network.
“It is one where we have cause to celebrate it opening.” - How to say Fleet South without saying Fleet South.

Not that I want to sound bitter but squashing another 24 Superchargers into the South-East when there's a square-root of sod-all north of Leeds and then celebrating it as a win is a hollow victory.

do we have power supply maps of the UK? I assume partly they’re building where there is power. Is there a supply limitation in the north of England? You’d have thought with steel plants etc they’d have decent supplies in some areas although I guess when steel was big they just used coal rather than lots of electric?

Not that I want to sound bitter but squashing another 24 Superchargers into the South-East when there's a square-root of sod-all north of Leeds and then celebrating it as a win is a hollow victory.
I travel to Leeds relatively often and Lake District 2/3 times a year. Must admit, you certainly have to plan a bit more. Although did find a non Tesla charger (75kW) near Keswick for £0.35/kWh 👍