Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
near me the chargepoint charger has screen, accepts cards ar rfids (and I think can be done via app). does not look like signifcant effort to install such one..
You could easily just have a stand alone terminal, one per site, separate to the stools, for customers needing to authorise and pay for charging sessions manually. Perhaps even linked through a starlink connection to ensure connectivity/reliability and giving site wifi also.

If that should fail, then it would have no impact on the stools themselves, would not affect reliability and would also avoid needing expensive re-designs.

You could easily just have a stand alone terminal, one per site, separate to the stools, for customers needing to authorise and pay for charging sessions manually. Perhaps even linked through a starlink connection to ensure connectivity/reliability and giving site wifi also.

If that should fail, then it would have no impact on the stools themselves, would not affect reliability and would also avoid needing expensive re-designs.
beat you to it:

Also when did "Stalls" become "Stools". Would seem a fitting term to use for GeniePoint chargers since they are sh1t but a bit harsh for the Superchargers! network

View attachment 955841
A gold rosette has recently been pinned on north Wales on Tesla's map, plugging an often-mentioned gap in the Supercharger network.

The map itself has had very few updates since February: newly opened sites have been added but the grey pins are unchanged in terms of both location and target opening dates (e.g. there is still a grey pin for Merry Hill, target opening Q4 2022, even though it actually opened in April).
Certainly plugs a gap.
If they actually do build some I would say somewhere out of town like the services at the A55/A5 junction are probably more likely than Bangor Centre where the pin is. but the actual locations are deliberately vague until contracts are signed so should not read too much into that anyway. I would also expect any chargers built there to be open to all. can't see that area giving up its precious electrons for a one make only bank of chargers.

Yes, it's getting hard to keep up with all the updates in the last few weeks: and another site has started construction. I'm afraid this is Kent, not the NE, but it will pair up nicely with Medway westbound.
Medway Eastbound (Moto M2 services): three charger cabinets are just about visible in the photo shared by TOUK on Twitter suggesting 12 V3 stalls are planned.
Does anyone have an update on Medway Eastbound? Under construction two months ago.. I'm heading down to Dover in a week and being able to stop here would be ideal!

I agree it would have made more sense to make the distinction AC vs DC. AC chargers are much cheaper than DC so applying this to 11kw chargers but not 7kw will render 11kw uneconomic to install. On the plus side almost no cars can do anything above 11kwh anyway these days so the loss of 22kw would be negligible in the big picture ( sorry legacy Model S owners)
See Nissan Ariya.

Is there more to this???
Going to name it Barnsley - Haigh for now…

1689340013922.png

🔥🔥An Exclusive for you…..
The Global debut of the V4 Supercharger with contactless and screen to meet CECP regs.
This is the reason the UK hasn’t yet had a V4 install as these features were still being developed. Now in place and these are the first photos anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I’d have thought the V4 stall could be a drop in replacement for a V3. The card reader adds a spanner into the works but all the cabling is ducted so some additional data cables could probably be pulled through.

That said, I assume the new charging regs wouldn’t be retrospective so I wouldn’t expect a mass replacement of V3 (or V2) stalls any time soon. Perhaps when they break and they have decided to stop making V2/3.

I’d have thought the V4 stall could be a drop in replacement for a V3. The card reader adds a spanner into the works but all the cabling is ducted so some additional data cables could probably be pulled through.

That said, I assume the new charging regs wouldn’t be retrospective so I wouldn’t expect a mass replacement of V3 (or V2) stalls any time soon. Perhaps when they break and they have decided to stop making V2/3.
The regulations on contactless payment do apply to existing rapids. You have 12 months to comply once they come into force.