Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed a photo on the TOUK Facebook page showing 3 charger cabinets and at least 11 (possibly 12) charger stall bases now in place at Milton Keynes Service Centre. Planning permission drawings showed 8 stalls and that was the assumption when TOUK tweeted about construction starting at the start of March.
Dropped my car off today at Milton Keynes Service Centre on Merton Drive.

12 chargers, but no big green box.

Attachments

• IMG_2742.jpeg
    IMG_2742.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2743.jpeg
    IMG_2743.jpeg
    716.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Informative
Reactions: Sean. and cezdoc
Not sure if this has been posted but the good folk of Bradford are getting a 16 x v4 SuC at Cedar court at the end of M606 taken from the ToC UK twitter feed:-

There's a photo posted yesterday on the Tesla Owner's FB group showing construction has started and stall bases are now in place at Cedar Court Hotel, Bradford. I haven't found any thing on Twitter / a public forum that can be shared yet. Nine bases are in shot and the stall layout looks the same as the planning drawings.

Reactions: Sean.
A sign that threatens a parking fine for non-charging vehicles will deter even more, even if the threat is toothless.
They built some new Instavolts at a McDonalds near me and going past it today see all ICE cars parked in the bays. It didn't have a lot of spare parking normally so a bad location to put them I think. Yes there was other spaces free but sadly enough people just don't care.

It’s not that they don’t care, it’s that they only care about themselves.
The sad and slow crumbling of society. :(

Maybe I'll switch back to a V12 to accelerate the advent of the apocalypse by bringing a compelling mass of CO2 to the atmosphere as soon as possible. Mankind had a good run, maybe it's time to clock out ;)

Facebook TOUK Group has posted photos of a completed, but waiting for switch on, build of 12 V4s at the Barnsley M1 J38 Old Post Office Pub, so I'm adding that to my construction list:

In the bag (just needs switch-on?):
  • Gretna Services [Expansion]
  • Exeter SC
  • Sheffield Meadowhall (Retail Park)
  • Birch Services East/West
  • Preston South (Holiday Inn)
  • Manchester Old Trafford (Retail Park)
  • Manchester Central SC
  • South Mimms Services [Expansion]
  • London Gateway Services
  • Barnsley M1 J38 (Old Post Office Pub)
Construction close to finished (all equipment in place):
  • Newport Pagnell North Services
  • Milton Keynes SC
Construction well underway (some equipment in place):
  • Rugby (Retail Park)
  • Stevenage (Gridserve)
Early stages construction (awaiting equipment delivery):
  • Abington Services [Expansion]
  • Burtonwood Services [Expansion]
  • Gretna Caledonia Park (Retail Park)
  • Bradford (Cedar Court Hotel)
  • Glasgow SC
  • Bar Hill SC
Pre-construction (site fenced off, nothing happening):
  • Tamworth Services
Possibly under construction (no evidence yet):
  • Bournemouth SC
  • Bournemouth Ferndown Golf Club
Possible expansions (unconfirmed):
  • Newport Pagnell South Services [Expansion]
  • Sarn Park Services [Expansion]
Unconfirmed as SuC site?:
  • Truro - Treliske (Retail Park)

The sad and slow crumbling of society. :(

Maybe I'll switch back to a V12 to accelerate the advent of the apocalypse by bringing a compelling mass of CO2 to the atmosphere as soon as possible. Mankind had a good run, maybe it's time to clock out ;)
No need to do that as Musk avidly supports the Republican party & they will do it for you

Facebook TOUK Group has posted photos of a completed, but waiting for switch on, build of 12 V4s at the Barnsley M1 J38 Old Post Office Pub, so I'm adding that to my construction list:

• Exeter SC
  • Manchester Central SC
  • Milton Keynes SC
  • Rugby (Retail Park)
  • Stevenage (Gridserve)
  • Glasgow SC
  • Bar Hill SC
  • Tamworth Services
  • Bournemouth SC
Faversham - M2 J6/7 is under permission (not sure if that needs to be added at this stage)

Permission has been granted from what I can see.

Reactions: cezdoc

• Exeter SC
  • Manchester Central SC
  • Milton Keynes SC
  • Rugby (Retail Park)
  • Stevenage (Gridserve)
  • Glasgow SC
  • Bar Hill SC
  • Tamworth Services
  • Bournemouth SC
I was at Sarn on Saturday, there's absolutely nothing happening there that would indicate an expansion. There was some work happening there just before Easter that closed some stalls, but it wasn't anything to do with SuperChargers, just running a cable past. That's now finished and everything is tidied up and functioning again.

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Is that two different Gretna locations? They are literally a few miles apart. Very odd
Yes, one is the old Welcome Break motorway services site that will remain Tesla only (14 V3) and the other is at the retail park which will be open to non-Teslas and 16 V4. We will go from having a big gap, to a massive amount of capacity at some point in time...

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
I was at Sarn on Saturday, there's absolutely nothing happening there that would indicate an expansion. There was some work happening there just before Easter that closed some stalls, but it wasn't anything to do with SuperChargers, just running a cable past. That's now finished and everything is tidied up and functioning again.
Thanks - I'll strike it off the next list then.

Faversham - M2 J6/7 is under permission (not sure if that needs to be added at this stage)

Permission has been granted from what I can see.
Thanks - I'm just tracking those that have started construction now. The genesis was Musk's comment that sites under construction would be completed, so I thought it would be interesting to monitor how this is progressing at every stage of the process. We've since seen sites progressing through every phase of construction, so there's no obvious effect of Musk's actions in the UK as far as I can see. Our biggest issue remains the DNOs as can be seen from the ever expanding list of construction sites just sitting there waiting to be switched on...

• Informative
Reactions: Jason71 and bainsy
Yes, one is the old Welcome Break motorway services site that will remain Tesla only (14 V3) and the other is at the retail park which will be open to non-Teslas and 16 V4. We will go from having a big gap, to a massive amount of capacity at some point in time...
Very true. We could do with a few more sites in the north to be honest. Gretna, Tebay and just one in Newcastle. Isn't a lot really.
Sure I read a new one has been or is being started in Newcastle near the tesla service centre. Hopefully that's true