Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Ermis, its good to get some benchmarks. I have been getting a wide selection of quotes with most coming in around £500-£600 for installation plus £190-£250 for GARO RCBO and PME Fault Detector. So on top of £425 for the Tesla Wall Charger the sensible ones are £1100-£1200. The more unscrupulous electricians have quoted me £1500-£2000 for what is a pretty standard set up. less than 1m from consumer unit. less than 1m from mains incoming. Brick wall, no need for any digging up or changing any fuses etc.

However, I will be going with Elocology (i think someone else has recommended them too) who have provided excellent service so far, giving endless advice without being instructed yet. Their quote was for me to supply Gen 3 Wall Charger, then they will install for £290 and install fault detector for £120 so that's only £492 including VAT so £917 all in. (or £954 all in for OHME Pro supply and installation) Those savings on the other quotes will go straight on accessories 😂
£917 all in seems pretty good to me! Go for it! I paid £1050 in total for the tesla charger gen 3 + installation so you are better off with that quote! I had 4 quotes and guess which one was the cheapest one :p. I had the following quotes for installation only (incl VAT): £625, £725, £950 and £1,100..... so it does worth shopping around. Anything between £900-£1100 for both installation & charger seems fair to me based on current market.

Hi, Looking to have a TWC installed as soon as I can. Still debating between that and the PodPoint charger. any thoughts?

any recommendations for the Leicestershire area?

Lastly, the main electrical fuse coming into the house says 60/80A, should i leave it for the electrician to look into whether this is actually 60 or 80? or should i do it myself before they come? if it's 60A, i would like to upgrade to at least 80 or 100 for peace of mind.

Lastly, the main electrical fuse coming into the house says 60/80A, should i leave it for the electrician to look into whether this is actually 60 or 80? or should i do it myself before they come? if it's 60A, i would like to upgrade to at least 80 or 100 for peace of mind.

Could turn into an issue. If it turned out you have a 60A fuse then the calculation for your property may put a questionmark over the installation until it can be upgraded. Any numbers on the main fuse usually just relate to the fuse holder capacity rather than the actual fuse contained within. The other complication is that the electrician isn't technically allowed* to break the seal and pull the main fuse to check ... rather it's supposed to be done by someone from the DNO. (I say "isn't technically allowed" because some electricians will just do it anyway.)

Got a Zappi installed in my garage by Voltix yesterday (they are Fife based).

Great install done by Barry, neat and tidy, talked me through the app, talked a bit about solar (something we're thinking about) etc. Also great service by Gem keeping me right on all the correct paperwork for the UK government grant and the Scottish one. If your in an area they cover Scotland I'd recommend reaching out to them.

View attachment 718694
I'll second the recommendation for Voltix for those in central Scotland. Kept me right on everything required (including actually testing for gas bonding rather than just looking for it and deciding it isn't there! As one company did, they then subsequently quoted for it and it wasn't needed!) Installer at voltix did a very neat job of cabling etc. Explained everything he did and what all the bits and bobs he installed were doing (can't profess to have understood it it!), even explained set up of the Tesla charger for me even though I had bought that myself. Looking at other prices people are being quoted I think they were pretty reasonable (£479 Inc VAT) but my install was very straightforward.

Does anyone know the rough prices for the bits missing from the Tesla Gen 3 charger (is it the pen fault detection box)? I had a quote which was quite pushy towards a hyper volt mainly around it being cheaper overall (I’m not a fan of the design and having to have another app and be dependent on their online services)

Does anyone know the rough prices for the bits missing from the Tesla Gen 3 charger (is it the pen fault detection box)? I had a quote which was quite pushy towards a hyper volt mainly around it being cheaper overall (I’m not a fan of the design and having to have another app and be dependent on their online services)
I was quoted for this as well as install:
GARO: Supply and installation of an O-PEN Fault Detection Device (Fusebox). Acts as earth
rod replacement for EV Chargers that do not have this detection built in as standard. 1 £159.00

Hope that helps.

I was quoted for this as well as install:
GARO: Supply and installation of an O-PEN Fault Detection Device (Fusebox). Acts as earth
rod replacement for EV Chargers that do not have this detection built in as standard. 1 £159.00

Hope that helps.
Great thanks, so £584 for the gen3+O-PEN vs £630 for the HyperVault. Guess they must be getting a kickback from HyperVault or something?

Is that an including install? My total install was 459 plus the price of the TWC (435 I think?)
Just for hardware, no idea of labour costs yet.

Edit: just had another quote, they really don’t like Tesla chargers do they… Suggested Ohme and something else, said they would install another dedicated RCD which would cover the Pen fault regardless of charger so the Tesla one seems even better price wise.

Last edited:
Went ahead with the Andersen EV because I don’t want to see any cables, might go solar and need the extra length 🤪

Filled in the online form Sunday (uploaded pictures and video), came back on Monday saying they can install next week.

Decent turnaround! Watch as it completely fails at install…
FWIW, installed today and it went really well. Now I just need a car...

Reactions: MashinBenzin
I’ve recently had a quote for a Wallbox Pulsar Max plus installation for £949 inc VAT. I thought that seemed very reasonable indeed and will likely go ahead with that. This was from a company called Get-Charging from Teslas list of approved installers that are closest to me (they’re based in Sedgefield I think)

Anyone got any feedback on the Wallbox? I’ve seen a few yt vids and they seem to have really good feedback. I did originally want to go Tesla Wall Connector but their install quote was pretty high, and the wall box does seems to be a nice, compact and tidy solution.

I ordered an Andersen charger with free fitting (August offer). Have actually had to pay extra for a longer cable run and a full day on site for their engineer. Think I’m at £1600 all in for the charger and fitting now.

I’ve recently had a quote for a Wallbox Pulsar Max plus installation for £949 inc VAT. I thought that seemed very reasonable indeed and will likely go ahead with that. This was from a company called Get-Charging from Teslas list of approved installers that are closest to me (they’re based in Sedgefield I think)

Anyone got any feedback on the Wallbox? I’ve seen a few yt vids and they seem to have really good feedback. I did originally want to go Tesla Wall Connector but their install quote was pretty high, and the wall box does seems to be a nice, compact and tidy solution.
I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus which has been great. Software does all I want it to do, managing charging times and has seemed much more reliable than the Ohme charger it replaced over 12 months ago.

The one you have been offered might be an update on the one I have, but I'd have no problems with that.

Reactions: rowedav