Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK FSD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1700608940520.png

• Informative
Reactions: Pink Duck
No it’s not. You have to hold the wheel and indicate to change lanes/take intersections, remain vigilant at all times, step in when it gets things wrong and be held fully responsible for the car.
lol It does most of the work on a motorway. It makes my daily commute much easier. Barely requires intervention.
What you’re describing (zero intervention) will not exist in your lifetime. If it did you'd nitpick it anyway.

lol It does most of the work on a motorway. It makes my daily commute much easier. Barely requires intervention.
What you’re describing (zero intervention) will not exist in your lifetime. If it did you'd nitpick it anyway.
As a driver assist that’s what you’d expect

For self driving you’d want to be able to get your laptop out and do a few emails, watch tv, sleep, essentially the Tesla promise for FSD

If you don’t see FSD as the transition of responsibility and accountability of the driving to the car, what do you think you’re paying for?

I don't have twitter but I can see it fine?

That’s weird, because I can now see it too.

Earlier someone posted an image of the content link, but going back to original link, same mobile device, nothing else changed, the link now opens the post rather than as before, like other twitter links posted on TMC since EM locked things down early in his residency, I got a full page asking to sign in/sign up and no other content.

• Informative
Reactions: Billbrown1982
I would suggest you are making a different point, one which I largely agree with. I'm not especially interested in a car which will drive itself in every situation, I can't see that I would feel comfortable in such a situation, I've been a driver too long, and it seems fanciful that this is ever going to exist.

What I do have now with EAP on my current car is something that achieves something very valuable to me of being able to travel long distances by motorway in safety and comfort. As I'm not dealing with the mundane steering, lane changing and the like I have more capacity to be safe, which combined with the cars safety system makes me feel far more comfortable.

I bought FSD as the only option (at a reduced price) on my first Model 3, I bought EAP on the second as it delivered everything I valued. It would be un-thinkable to not buy it on any other car. I didn't buy either anticipating some future value, surely it's always been ridiculous to really believe Elon's dreamy stories about the future,

Sure other cars have semi-equivalent function, we have a Leaf that has the best Mobileye provided in 2020 and it's ok but not as good as AutoPilot EAP. I haven't tried Ford, BMW, Mercedes etc. but they all cost more, are less efficient and don't have the same charging networks so I'm not interested in them.

If people bought FSD honestly expecting to have a Fully Self Driving car by now then I can see how they would be disappointed, there's no argument from me that Tesla have said that would be the case and haven't delivered. I would like to suggest that those people might also like to buy my magic beans.

Not necessarily bad news.

To me it seems Tesla is getting all their ducks in a row behind the scenes. As soon as there is movement from the regulators it indicates to me that Tesla is getting ready.
I hope so.....
I would suggest you are making a different point, one which I largely agree with. I'm not especially interested in a car which will drive itself in every situation, I can't see that I would feel comfortable in such a situation, I've been a driver too long, and it seems fanciful that this is ever going to exist.

What I do have now with EAP on my current car is something that achieves something very valuable to me of being able to travel long distances by motorway in safety and comfort. As I'm not dealing with the mundane steering, lane changing and the like I have more capacity to be safe, which combined with the cars safety system makes me feel far more comfortable.

I bought FSD as the only option (at a reduced price) on my first Model 3, I bought EAP on the second as it delivered everything I valued. It would be un-thinkable to not buy it on any other car. I didn't buy either anticipating some future value, surely it's always been ridiculous to really believe Elon's dreamy stories about the future,

Sure other cars have semi-equivalent function, we have a Leaf that has the best Mobileye provided in 2020 and it's ok but not as good as AutoPilot EAP. I haven't tried Ford, BMW, Mercedes etc. but they all cost more, are less efficient and don't have the same charging networks so I'm not interested in them.

If people bought FSD honestly expecting to have a Fully Self Driving car by now then I can see how they would be disappointed, there's no argument from me that Tesla have said that would be the case and haven't delivered. I would like to suggest that those people might also like to buy my magic beans.
I agree...when I first read of the idea of a robotaxi earning you money while you sleep... I thought it was funny, an example of the company’s sense of humor. To me, all I want from FSD is it to increase the safety of the car by reacting quicker than me and seeing what I don’t....and to be relaxing on long journeys, to relieve back pain by being able to shuffle my feet and ease my shoulders...to be able to change my glasses while driving. It hasn’t yet delivered that in Europe...but I am always optimistic

Exactly this. With EAP my driving is safer because my attention can be directed further down the road to anticipate problems without worrying about the mundane of keeping it straight and a safe distance from the car in front.

I think it's this that's actually pissing me off about the recent regressions in performance as it actually serves to demand more attention than just driving it myself (ie "is it going to slow abruptly from 70 to 60 passing this random car?"), creating the scenario where automation is INCREASING risk rather than reducing it.

I think it’s the difference between a Twitter url and X url or something like that. The same login cookie can’t be reused across the two domains

I don’t think it’s that as I’ve never had an X account and my twitter account is long gone.

The url host is same for both and yesterday I couldn’t access the recent link but can this morning. But it’s still asking me to login/create and account, just that today I also see ‘useful’ content, below vs no content previous (a different earlier in thread TMC twitter post but you get the idea)

IMG_0944.pngIMG_0943.png

I don’t think it’s that as I’ve never had an X account and my twitter account is long gone.

The url host is same for both and yesterday I couldn’t access the recent link but can this morning. But it’s still asking me to login/create and account, just that today I also see ‘useful’ content, below vs no content previous (a different earlier in thread TMC twitter post but you get the idea)

View attachment 992917View attachment 992918
Ok, I thought I'd seen it because of that on my PC, it's probably not worth side tracking the thread any further, maybe we'll just put it down to a few Tesla develoeprs have been on secondment to X :),

Reactions: MrBadger