Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Hands free (Level 2) driving has arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not getting better, it’s worse now than before. My 2020 M3P with FSD in UK works far better than my 2023 MYP with FSD. They need to bring back LiDAR and retrofit them into the other cars… which isn’t going to happen. The Tesla Vision is just rubbish on cameras only compared to the LiDAR and Sensor model cars. By the time the parking vision has loaded in the morning I’m half way down the road. Tesla have got to start rolling out some benefits that work outside of California.
MartiMart Spot on, I strongly hope that the Tesla top management focus on your comments as there is an ever growing number of Tesla vehicles being rolled off the production which don't do what described on the tin with growing number fed p****d off owners . Tesla on automation has now dropped to seventh place only three to get to the bottom of the pile. In my opinion Tesla should concentrate on delivering rather than stripping equipment to save a few quid per vehicle. At present the only way they can sell the cars is by constant price reduction. Too many balls being juggled Spacex, Twitter, robotics with Teslas reputation as EV leader dropping through the floor. The EU and UK market want what they have paid not promises and soundbites that are not delivered, I am still waiting for a reliable park assist, park, summons and special summons.

Never heard of this before and the video is probably very selective but this looks very cool handling London traffic

If I ignore the crap EAP/FSD it’s a great car. If I think about it or try using it I hate it as I was sold an expensive pipe dream. So frustrating that Ford beat Tesla to the hands free in the U.K. and to add insult to injury monthly subscription!
Yes and I have been informed that it can park and has park assist that works.

If I ignore the crap EAP/FSD it’s a great car. If I think about it or try using it I hate it as I was sold an expensive pipe dream. So frustrating that Ford beat Tesla to the hands free in the U.K. and to add insult to injury monthly subscription!
Totaly agree with you, I love the Y but very frustrated having paid for EAP and FSD six month later just got a vision park assist and the only genuine bit is the disclaimer which basically says don't trust it it does not work. Park, summons and self summons still not available. Unless something drastically changes very quickly and Tesla delivers the goods and not the dream I am sure I along with many others will never trust a spoken or written word from Tesla and will defiantly be a once bitten twice shy one time Tesla owner. In addition there is the economical aspect of Tesla, why purchase a Tesla today when the price will drop tomorrow, I would rather pay little more for a vehicle that does what it said on the tin and not depreciate and keeps a reasonable value.

"Your Tesla will figure out the optimal route, navigate urban streets (even without lane markings), manage complex intersections with traffic lights, stop signs and roundabouts, and handle densely packed freeways with cars moving at high speed. When you arrive at your destination, simply step out at the entrance and your car will enter park seek mode, automatically search for a spot and park itself. A tap on your phone summons it back to you."

www.tesla.com/autopilot, 2016.

Still waiting...

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
"Your Tesla will figure out the optimal route, navigate urban streets (even without lane markings), manage complex intersections with traffic lights, stop signs and roundabouts, and handle densely packed freeways with cars moving at high speed. When you arrive at your destination, simply step out at the entrance and your car will enter park seek mode, automatically search for a spot and park itself. A tap on your phone summons it back to you."

www.tesla.com/autopilot, 2016.

Still waiting...
Not sure we will see this in 2026!

Reactions: Andrew_SE23