TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK Model 3 order page open!

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by NorfolkMustard, Apr 30, 2019.

1. sixela

sixela Active Member

Be thankful that Scotland didn't vote to become independent and stay in the EU -- or it would have been Manchester or Birmingham ;-).

2. -DB-

-DB- Member

I’d assumed UK & Ireland were getting release at the same time. My bad!

One of the joys of Tesla not having many stores in this part of the world I suppose.

3. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Breaking News : Tesla providing self-delivering cars Real Soon Now ...

• Like x 1
  4. goRt

goRt Member

Sauce ;-)

• Like x 2
  5. AidenL

AidenL Member

It really is. Dublin would be more sensible.

6. Rob R

Rob R Member

Same here.

7. MorayEVGuy

MorayEVGuy Member

Hey DB, I live in Scotland and will have about the same distance to travel to get to Edinburgh and collect my Model 3, at least I'll have fun on my drive home :D

8. Obankster

Obankster Member

Has anybody considered cancelling there reservation/order since the acquisition of Maxwell Technologies? Could be a game changer for the battery and the cost of the cars? Though not sure what the time frame would be to implement.

I have paid my deposit though I think I will wait for the pcp deals to go live instead of HP

9. theoceanwaves

theoceanwaves Banned

it will take some time to understand how they will integrate the super capacitors into the batteries....wouldn't bother cancelling

10. WannabeOwner

Tesla change everything all the time ... if you wait ... you'll wait forever

best time to buy is when they have a car available that satisfies what you currently want, then you can start enjoying it already :)

• Like x 1
  11. Speedycoyote

Speedycoyote Member

Does anyone know the difference between using Barclays or Blackhorse for the Hire Purchase? I've tried calling Tesla (I have various other questions too) but after 30min the phone went dead! Will try again tomorrow but thought I'd try here first!

12. WannabeOwner

Yup.

I've never used Blackhorse.

I'll never, ever, use Barclays again.

13. Speedycoyote

Speedycoyote Member

What happened with Barclays? I’ve used them a couple of times for phone purchases but not for a car.

14. WannabeOwner

Repeated fined, massive amounts, for fragrantly rigging or breaching the regulations. They don't deserve my business (banked with them for 3 generations until they started being fined ... I take a dim view of anyone I do business with who banks with them, for that reason, and fully expect that other people should do, of me, if I still did. Same with lying, cheating, VW and all the Marques in their stable.

I have the option to vote with my feet, so have done.

15. smythey

smythey Member

For anybody else looking into insurance for the Model 3, DirectLine are now able to give online quotes. They still have the banner at the top of the page saying they are still working on it, but I was able to go through the whole process and get a quote for a M3 SR+. Pretty decent quote too. :)

• Like x 2
  16. Avendit

Avendit Member

Indeed, pretty good quote, tho it sing a little that the online form insists that it has to be petrol or diesel...

• Funny x 1
  17. buzbe

buzbe Member

Just to confirm - whats a "good" quote.. I'm seeing about double compared to a BMW 3 Series...

18. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Thanks for this info. I just ran my details to get an online quote and pretty happy with those numbers to say the least.

19. Avendit

Avendit Member

Was about £430 for me+wife, but we are mid life crisis age with very clean history. That was a simple quote without moving our multi car over for more discounts, but didn't include the legal, hire car options etc.

20. -DB-

-DB- Member

I'm getting £860 for me and wife, I've only earned 1 year NCB (license held since Sept 17)

It will be interesting to see what my current insurer will charge for a mid term adjustment to M3 if they quote me at all!