Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tested at what distance one can summon one's car, with V.10? And under what traffic conditions? The Tesla blurb says "line of sight" and early videos show it working in a parking lot. How far is "go to location x,y on the map" from "take my kids to school"?

Smart Summon is not yet available to those of us in Europe...

Should we do something to update the app at the same time? I deleted and reinstalled it today (because it was failing to connect) and now have version 3.10.0, which I read is the right one. (android)

But I don't see anything different in the app compared to before. Nowt about windows (and I read somewhere that the app window functions only apply to Xs and 3s and mine's an S). Summon is same as before - presumably smarts still not through our regs.

Not driven the car yet. Visualisations for AP and lane change might be a bit improved but unless the actions of the car in auto lane change are improved I'm not sure that'll make much difference to me. Long journey tomorrow - let's see...

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W. and drewpost
It is part of V10 but we will not get it here yet, and there is no time-table for any change in the regulations that would allow it at this time.

Doesn't mean Tesla isn't working on it but we've never had the full capabilities of even the first version of Summon so I certainly would be expecting to see Smart Summon any time soon.

Reactions: Rob R
Poor old @gangzoom, over on PH he’s accused as being a Tesla fanboy and on here a troll :eek:. The truth is as an owner of 2.5 years he loves the car - as evidenced by owning the Unicorn aka FSD. But can see Elon’s ‘soon’ often actually means ‘sometime never’ and Tesla’s corporate integrity is doubtful.

Elon though as usual is doing his party trick of distracting people with pointless stuff like video streaming/games

It's got me and my kids, 2048 is tetris for geeks, totally addicted.. I do love a power of 2.

Smart Summon is not yet available to those of us in Europe...

I've managed to get Advanced Summon working on a UK model:

You need to open the Frunk first, wait 10 seconds and 2 Red Flags will appear and start waving, then off it goes.... Awesome ;)

2019.32.11 received on my 2018 Model S 75D, AP2.5, MCU1, FSD

No Netflix, YouTube or Caraoke - as expected.
No Smart summon - obviously.
Dashcam still "only" records front, left repeater and right repeater - no rear camera.

Browser works! Well, it works as well as it has on a good day. It now seems to occupy about 75% of the screen though - so can't really use it in parallel with maps. I guess by hiding more of the map there are more CPU cycles left for the browser.

Could only test Autopilot a bit this morning - nothing untoward. Felt like road position was biased a bit further away from kerb, but maybe just that specific section of road.

Driver visualisation is quite cool, but certainly a bit laggy and misses on-coming cars sometimes - as noted by gangzoom earlier.
I noticed it display lorries as big American trucks. Can't remember if that's new or not.

Reactions: Roy W.