Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK quality and discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just back from picking up my MX 100D at Heathrow. Amazing car, better than anticipated.
- Order placed 24 Apr
- Confirmed 7 May
- End of line (built) 31 May
- Delivered 1 Aug

Few interesting facts, perhaps of value for others:

1) Had the long checklist from TMC (thanks!), and went through it. Quality was really quite good. Just 1 small issue with a gasket on the lower sill on the FWD (photo below), otherwise perfect touch wood. DS said they stopped MX production for a month earlier in the year because they were getting too many defects, and that recent cars have been much better.

2) Discounts now being offered for those that placed orders after a certain date but before the new prices came in (combining PUP, audio, towing) as some others have reported. Good on Tesla for this one. So if you ordered your car with these options priced separately, you will get a refund back at delivery. However....this applies only to those whose car was build (EOL date) after a certain cut off (I saw on a bit of paper that flashed in front of me, I think it was 9 June?) and before the price change was announced. Bummed I missed it by a week or so.

3) DS told me car no longer comes with a Type 2 connector. Just the standard UMC. But I asked very nicely and they gave me one (perhaps due to 2 above)

4) Sunshade comes with car (I've seen here some people I think had asked whether it does or not).

5) No swag bag. But again asking nicely I got a mug and a pen. Whoo hoo!

Taking it tomorrow to get Opticoat+ treatment, again thanks to this forum for the advice.

vT8dAfl.jpg

XWcgaOf.jpg

Reactions: jelloslug
Hi
Can you please share the checklist you mentioned in your post
Thanks

This will be the one:

Things to check when you pick up your Tesla

Will is the "President" of the official UK Tesla Owners closed Facebook group. I don't do FB apart from this and it is an excellent source of info with 2000 members. You can only join if you have a Tesla or one on order, and this is checked before you get access. Tesla also actively monitor it and although don't post suggests/comments/problems are often resolved via the Group.

Got one of those as a loaner recently form MK.
Beautiful car. Very happy for you. Much happy driving ahead.

Just one thing - I was mildly frustrated I couldn't get AP to work - then I realised it only had 60 or so miles on it, so had not yet finished self -calibration. Doh!