Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First long drive on 2023.32.7 today up the A1. Two major problems.

1. The GPS location is about 30m out so every time there’s a minor road alongside the one you’re on it throws random turn off/on/u-turn instructions.

Yep. Finding that on .32.6 too.

First noticed when it tried to route us along a perpendicular road we had just driven under. Then noticed it navigating through an adjacent estate.

It’s not the gps being off that surprises me, it’s the “how can I one second be on M25, then the next you think I am on a set of adjacent roads?”. I guess its not the only example of navigation et al decisions being made without looking at the context over a short period of time.

The real route (M25) then intermittent fake route
IMG_0798.jpeg IMG_0799.jpeg

Just returned from a 1400 mile trip to Scotland during which I was updated to 2023.32.6. Wipers still hopeless at dusk and in motorway spray conditions. Headlights still dipping for road signs.

Trip planning to superchargers appears to be broken. I left Perth with system showing arrival at Tebay predicted to be 23%. The nav info rapidly wound down to 9% whilst the energy screen still showed 23% predicted. However the graph showed a leap up in energy some miles before arrival. I wondered if this reflected a potential but unavailable recharge at Abington which is closed. After a few miles my destination changed to Eurocentral where I was able to charge sufficiently to get to Tebay.
I was towing on my northbound trip. The trailer was variously visualised as not being there, a car following very closely, or a truck. The car knows I am towing - why can’t it show some sort of trailer?

I was towing on my northbound trip. The trailer was variously visualised as not being there, a car following very closely, or a truck. The car knows I am towing - why can’t it show some sort of trailer?

That would certainly add a cuteness factor! Though you can put the rear camera on-screen and you can watch the trailer in real life rather than as a graphic render of course.

Thanks for this! Tesla actioned it remotely.

For anyone else stumbling across this:

I raised a service request > other. Explained the problem and after some quick troubleshooting with the initial Tesla agentvia messages, they called me up to say it was passed onto engineers. All done within 48hrs.
Hi - thanks for mentioning this as I’ve raised support queries with them twice and both times they’ve just told me it will be migrated eventually in the future. This has been over 3 months so I’ll try again and be more forceful with them

Tried Navigate on Autopilot, I have FSD so effectively EA, on my way home today on a B road that alternates between 50mph and 60mph, and 40mph going through villages.

It did okay, one of the villages it successfully reduced the speed to 30mph prior to the sign, first one as it happens, and coming out of the village sped up to 50mph in a reasonable time which it hasn't done before.

From the on it would happily breeze through 40mph signs at 60 and do nothing, it also completely failed to speed up out of a slow limit again on that trip.

It actually slowed me for a corner later on, completely out of the blue as the next corner pretty much it came out of Autopilot half way around and again later.

I took over for the single roundabout and once it started having more problems.

Baffling in all honesty.

Baffling in all honesty.

Considering autopilot/steer, even FSD, isn’t designed for those roads, any semblance to predictable behaviour is an unexpected bonus as long as you don’t hit anything.

Until autosteer on city streets, aka FSD beta in North America, is available in this country, don’t hold your breath, then autosteer is only designed for divided roads with no VRU’s (pedestrians, bikes etc) present, ie motorways and some dual carriageways.

Considering autopilot/steer, even FSD, isn’t designed for those roads, any semblance to predictable behaviour is an unexpected bonus as long as you don’t hit anything.

Until autosteer on city streets, aka FSD beta in North America, is available in this country, don’t hold your breath, then autosteer is only designed for divided roads with no VRU’s (pedestrians, bikes etc) present, ie motorways and some dual carriageways.
The behaviour of how it dealt with speed limits was pretty much the most annoying part, the rest worked okay.

If it's not designed for anything other than motorways then it shouldn't let me enable it, as it does criticism is fair.

If it's not designed for anything other than motorways then it shouldn't let me enable it, as it does criticism is fair.

The car doesn’t stop you driving the wrong way up a motorway either but I bet most wouldn’t criticise the car instead of the driver for allowing you to do so.

The manual is quite clear what the types of road that autosteer is designed for, albeit with a bit of a non specific road type clarified below.

IMG_0819.jpeg

And to clarify “controlled access highway”
IMG_0818.jpeg

Reactions: init6 and Zilla91
The car doesn’t stop you driving the wrong way up a motorway either but I bet most wouldn’t criticise the car instead of the driver for allowing you to do so.

The manual is quite clear what the types of road that autosteer is designed for, albeit with a bit of a non specific road type clarified below.

View attachment 982743

And to clarify “controlled access highway”
View attachment 982744
And again, I wasn't actually complaining very much about the autosteer, I thought it had improved.

I was mostly baffled by the reaction to speed limits and how it changed for one but not others, the first one where it accelerated out of the limit at a reasonable rate was also an improvement as I'd not seen it do that.

So let's ignore autosteer and just go with TACC perhaps so not to cloud the issue?

Last edited:

Autosteer on city streets, as we know, was promised by the end of 2019. It was then listed as “coming soon”. Now it’s just listed as “upcoming”. Don’t hold your breath indeed.

How much has FSD actually improved in the UK over the last four years?

Autosteer on city streets, as we know, was promised by the end of 2019. It was then listed as “coming soon”. Now it’s just listed as “upcoming”. Don’t hold your breath indeed.
to be fair, whilst certainly they could improve it now for all of us within the current rules, we are not getting FSDBeta until UNECE rules permit it, potentially June 2024 or January 2025.
How much has FSD actually improved in the UK over the last four years?

We got traffic light recognition within the last four years, speed sign recognition (but not much intelligence in dealing with them) and on the other hand UNECE of course took away automatic exit ramps for all of us.

its definitely better that it was when I first got a Tesla in 2020, but looking on what the USA/Canada has, it's pretty frustrating that Tesla seems to have largely given up on improving the FSD code we have.

I would hope we can get a restricted UNECE compliant FSDBeta build perhaps before it is fully permitted, just so we can get some proper improvements and be in the current development cycle.

to be fair, whilst certainly they could improve it now for all of us within the current rules, we are not getting FSDBeta until UNECE rules permit it, potentially June 2024 or January 2025.

We got traffic light recognition within the last four years, speed sign recognition (but not much intelligence in dealing with them) and on the other hand UNECE of course took away automatic exit ramps for all of us.

its definitely better that it was when I first got a Tesla in 2020, but looking on what the USA/Canada has, it's pretty frustrating that Tesla seems to have largely given up on improving the FSD code we have.

I would hope we can get a restricted UNECE compliant FSDBeta build perhaps before it is fully permitted, just so we can get some proper improvements and be in the current development cycle.
Do they need UNECE approval to release the updated highway portion of the FSD beta stack? Doubt it, so blaming it all on UNECE/regulators is nothing more than a lazy excuse

Reactions: goRt
Did I see the UNECE approval has been delayed?
yes, could have been January 2024, but has now been pushed back by 6 months or maybe a year.

Do they need UNECE approval to release the updated highway portion of the FSD beta stack? Doubt it, so blaming it all on UNECE/regulators is nothing more than a lazy excuse
I did not blame UNECE, and actually suggested the same thing as you in my post : 🤷‍♂️