Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
26.7....Vision based Park Assist still crap and not remotely on the same 'performance parity' planet as the USS based version.

I have to say, I don't love Tesla's habit of removing basic stuff that works perfectly fine, replacing it with a video feed... and just dropping a 'friendly note' that one day it might work again, but until then GOOD LUCK with your safety!!

First car was a 2017 Model S P100D. It removed a cheap MobileEye chip that could do lane assist pretty well and replaced it with a Full Self Driving HW2 computer and 8 cameras (remember that!) which barely worked for a year, and even afterwards could easily get you arrested for driving as if you're drunk, on hard drugs AND performing lewd acts as the same time.

Second car was a Model 3 Performance which removed perfectly good ambient light and rain sensors with a system that randomly flashed and wiped more often than a group of doggers with food poisoning.

Third car is a brand new Model Y which removed perfectly usable distance sensors and replaced with it "degraded" camera solution that works about as well as if I opened the window, hummed loudly into the wind, closed my eyes and tried to use my own bat-like sonar.

What next? Remove the steering wheel and replace it with a degraded camera system that guesses which direction you want to go in?

OH WAIT.

Third car is a brand new Model Y which removed perfectly usable distance sensors and replaced with it "degraded" camera solution that works about as well as if I opened the window, hummed loudly into the wind, closed my eyes and tried to use my own bat-like sonar.

According to Tesla, the Vision based system has achieved 'performance parity' with the USS system.

Got the update this morning.. tried to pair an Xbox controller but it wouldn't even see it - I guess the notes are correct and they only support ps5. Still my 8bitdo still works No sonic though..

New spotify is much like the old..
I tried to pair my PS5 controller after updating and whilst it sees it and seems to pair (it’s listed in the devices) it won’t connect when I power on the PS5 controller (using the PS button). So, can’t get it to work.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

I tried to pair my PS5 controller after updating and whilst it sees it and seems to pair (it’s listed in the devices) it won’t connect when I power on the PS5 controller (using the PS button). So, can’t get it to work.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
Do you not have to plug it in first to get it to initially pair to the car, like you have to do with a PS5? Subsequent connections should work wirelessly then. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can just connect it to anything wirelessly without connecting it wired initially, but I could be wrong.

Do you not have to plug it in first to get it to initially pair to the car, like you have to do with a PS5? Subsequent connections should work wirelessly then. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can just connect it to anything wirelessly without connecting it wired initially, but I could be wrong.
It actually seems to pair ok first time. But you might be right, will give it a try with cable first tomorrow.

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but did this update change the behaviour of the blind spot camera's when changing lane? Mine used to pop up over the FSD/AP graphic, and now it pops up there, btu instantly moves to where turn by turn instructions are for the nav, and the nav turn by turn instructions move into the centre of the AP/FSD bit.

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but did this update change the behaviour of the blind spot camera's when changing lane? Mine used to pop up over the FSD/AP graphic, and now it pops up there, btu instantly moves to where turn by turn instructions are for the nav, and the nav turn by turn instructions move into the centre of the AP/FSD bit.
Have you a new Model S or Model X. The release notes on Tesla News, Latest Software Updates, Tesla Rumors and Tips seem to imply that the changes that were already introduced on the 3/Y (that you can move the location) have now been added for those models.

1692078926058.png

I think Tesla stated it wouldn't be coming for a while due to issues with Tesla Vision. It was in the release notes (20.8, 20.9?). Until they can make Tesla Vision as accurate as USS, they have too much risk of claims from owners.

Put another way. You ain't getting Summon back.

basic summon is just forward/backward while you’re holding the button. Just tell users its ‘beta’ the magic get out of jail word, and that you’re responsible for making sure its safe to move.

Reactions: goRt
I think Tesla stated it wouldn't be coming for a while due to issues with Tesla Vision. It was in the release notes (20.8, 20.9?). Until they can make Tesla Vision as accurate as USS, they have too much risk of claims from owners.

Put another way. You ain't getting Summon back.
I don't have Tesla vision, I have USS. Summon has been broken since 23.20.

Oh great. I don’t know if I can cope with the excitement of another insignificant update so soon after the last insignificant update.

Am I the only person who’s irritated by the frequency of updates than seem too add nothing to the driving experience?
These updates are predominantly for bug fixes. Would you rather Tesla didn’t bother? How about just let the car run the updates overnight, as it suggests, and don’t expect new, fancy features every time?

It’s like getting upset with Apple when they push out a new security update. 🤷‍♂️ 🙃

Reactions: KennethS
These updates are predominantly for bug fixes. Would you rather Tesla didn’t bother? How about just let the car run the updates overnight, as it suggests, and don’t expect new, fancy features every time?

It’s like getting upset with Apple when they push out a new security update. 🤷‍♂️ 🙃
But they're not fixing bugs - still getting told to "move away from the cones" which is an American requirement