Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they have to have software that adapts based on local regulations - eg light patterns for cars sold in France will be different to the UK,so there will always be local versions of the software.

Llights on with wipers is a US regulation I think and is mandatory (don't know how they managed without supporting it until now?) - so while it makes sense to perhaps offer it as an option here, its not required and they haven't bothered.
Joke really just switch the option on in the UK - common sense for safety reasons

I’m not arguing that there are parts of the firmware that are clearly outdated. However, complaining about updates because they don’t add flashy new features is a little churlish.

People are complaining that the updates are adding flashy new features, while at the same time getting worse at the important stuff. Case in point removing radar and requiring auto wipers and lights on cars that had a physical radar. Or physical changes like removing the radar, removing the USS. It would be much better to just not update than remove or break features.

Llights on with wipers is a US regulation I think and is mandatory (don't know how they managed without supporting it until now?) - so while it makes sense to perhaps offer it as an option here, its not required and they haven't bothered.
It is definitely a legal requirement in at least some states in the USA (I don't know the rules in all 50 but know for certain it applies in North Carolina). Not all cars do it automatically and the regulations put the requirement on the driver to switch on the headlights if the wipers are running.

Joke really just switch the option on in the UK - common sense for safety reasons
I would wager if they do this we will have some people complaining about it as another example of the car being designed for the US market and everywhere else being an afterthought. I would be happy if they turn it on or, better perhaps, make it an optional toggle in settings.

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
People are complaining that the updates are adding flashy new features, while at the same time getting worse at the important stuff. Case in point removing radar and requiring auto wipers and lights on cars that had a physical radar. Or physical changes like removing the radar, removing the USS. It would be much better to just not update than remove or break features.
My original post in relation to this was in response to someone complaining about minor point updates not providing new features.

I’m not arguing that there are parts of the firmware that are clearly outdated. However, complaining about updates because they don’t add flashy new features is a little churlish.
But I haven't asked for new features - I'm asking for the basics to work so they can be trusted, the additional features that we already have to be made fit for purpose, I have zero interest in games

I want a proper SDLC where regression testing ensures that nothing working gets broken, That reported bugs are assessed and reverted or prioritised - something that any decent development shop has been doing for 35+ years. I don't want point releases to give the impression of progress and we should be given access to the change log to show what little is being done.

2023.26.8 was so quick to install.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815_225915_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_225915_One UI Home.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: exlatccatsa