Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you sacrifice in order to do it. Did you have Wi-Fi Bluetooth and mobile, all turned on?
It’s just my old iPhone. iOS 15.7.4 was its last update. The Tesla app version was from some while back. There is no SIM in the phone.
When I tried it, it was connected to wifi and Bluetooth was on. Summon was a bit reluctant to initialise in the app (probably due to no SIM) but once it did, the car moved without hesitation.

Have you a new Model S or Model X. The release notes on Tesla News, Latest Software Updates, Tesla Rumors and Tips seem to imply that the changes that were already introduced on the 3/Y (that you can move the location) have now been added for those models.

View attachment 965057
I'm on a model 3 and knew I could move it, the thing is I haven't moved it there, started doing it by itself, iirc when I tried to move it previously you couldn't cover the sat nav bar on the top right of the maps (which is where it's put it now)

Well others do so they should give us a toggle option. I guess you don’t mind if people can hardly see you.
I would be very happy for us all to have a toggle option if it was introduced here. However lights linked to wipers is a feature that I’ve never had and never needed in all my years of driving. If the rain is significant enough and visibility is affected then I switch on the lights.

Reactions: Dasher
Do we agree that the workaround of leaving a second phone in the car within BT range to avoid the few feet limit of Summon have been removed some time ago and is no longer working?
A long time ago, sadly. Was a nice bug that, although I never got a chance to try it.

I’ve also had it confirmed (or told at least) that Summon being broken is an Apple/iPhone problem. Mine too is broken and has been as of a few updates ago (currently on 2023.26.8, iPhone 13 Pro Max)

Less than 24 hours after 2023.26.7 was installed, it’s .8’s turn. So much for standard setting being the last minor release of a major release.

1692252328292.jpeg

I would be very happy for us all to have a toggle option if it was introduced here. However lights linked to wipers is a feature that I’ve never had and never needed in all my years of driving. If the rain is significant enough and visibility is affected then I switch on the lights.

But to turn on the lights in previous cars I bet you didn’t have to hit a cm square target, surrounded by other cm targets that did something else, on a flat piece of glass, with no haptic feedback with your left hand without taking your eyes off the road due to sudden changing traffic conditions such as surrounding cars suddenly adjusting their speed due to poor visibility.

But to turn on the lights in previous cars I bet you didn’t have to hit a cm square target, surrounded by other cm targets that did something else, on a flat piece of glass, with no haptic feedback with your left hand without taking your eyes off the road due to sudden changing traffic conditions such as surrounding cars suddenly adjusting their speed due to poor visibility.
Tesla might be stumbling towards a partial solution. Just build on how a long press on the left scroll wheel can now be allocated so that scrolling the left wheel adjusts the wiper speed.

Add a general rule that whenever a card (wiper or lights) is displayed, then the left scroll wheel changes the setting, instead of having to look down and touch the card on the screen. To adjust the wipers you'd then touch the button on the end of the left stalk, bringing up the wiper card, (OK, so you get a wipe) and then roll the left scroll wheel. To adjust the headlamps, you'd pull on the left stalk, bringing up the lights card, (OK, so you get a flash) and then roll the left wheel. A bit clumsy (compared to a switch for each job) but you don't have to look at the screen and find the cm square to touch.

Hadn’t try summon in a while but yeah, can confirm it’s broken. Car appears to do all sorts of things, blinkers go off and everything, but doesn’t move an inch…
So when do we get a refund?
Refund? Fat chance.

As well as summon I’m still having the lack of map data issue, which is about the only thing I use premium connectivity for. So I’d quite like a refund for that from last March. Yes, I could unsubscribe, but you always hope a fix is imminent.

When Tesla break something that previously worked perfectly it can take them months or even years to fix it.

Other cars… We have a Ford Fiesta as well as the Tesla. The lighting switch isn’t even visible from the driving position! I find it more awkward because I can’t actually see what the tiny icons showing different lighting choices are on the rotary switch whilst driving unless I look down to the right and shift my body to a particular angle … for that reason I leave the Fiesta lights on auto! I actually have fewer issues with controlling the Tesla lights.

There appears to be no standardisation between cars over their lighting controls so when driving an unfamiliar car it’s often an issue. Auto lights can therefore assist of course.

Nowadays on the Tesla I have the auto dipping on… this means that there is always a greyed out icon on the right side of the screen. If I tap that icon a mini menu for lights appears below where the media controls normally are. It’s an easier position to reach than the lights controls from the main screen.

The UI works as intended in my experience and I do prefer the mini menu as described above as it avoids a long stretch. I think it would be a good idea for the icons for all the lights to be on the screen all the time… greyed out when off… with a single tap to bring them back on.

This discussion arose from the prospect of wipers use in rain automatically switching the car lights on during the day. As an option that’s great if helpful but in that event I would like to retain an option for manual control (unless it becomes a legal requirement).

Lights use during the day is to make the car visible to others not to improve your own visibility whilst driving. The daylights already cover that requirement for the front so it’s about whether someone is likely to be able to see your car from the rear… so heavy rain and/or associated darkening from cloud. Motorways add notable additional requirements due to speed and spray. If I drive on motorways I am very very much more likely to switch lights on during the day.

90% of my driving doesn’t include motorways so a default manual control is my preference. A light sprinkling of rain makes not a jot of difference to the visibility of my car from the rear when driving on country roads or towns.