Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla App v4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always wondered why there isn't separate buttons for heated rear window and front window. I know the front uses the EVAC but still. Sometimes I just want to de-mist the rear without the full defrost function.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed the new app shows your car incorrectly, in my case it is now shown with chrome?

Car is on version 2021.32.21, iOS app is v4.1.1
My app is confused about the trim on my car..

On the large widget my car is shown with black door handles and trim.
In the app I see chrome handles and trim.

In the real world my car does have (limited edition/old stlyee) chrome trim.

Car is on version 2021.32.21, iOS app is v4.2

I’m single phase. Hope the car is unphased by this… ;)
i expect Zappi will on offer 32amps and the car will respond accordingly

Yes indeed! But of course the app is only reporting the car side of things ... and the car could potentially accept 48amps (3 phase) ... clearly a single phase Zappi will only offer 32 amps max no matter what the Tesla app says.

Closing the charge port must be a bug. It doesn’t stay open so why would you ever need to close it with a button? Unlock makes much more sense
I have just tried the app direct, no charge cable connected, and the graphic does toggle between open and close. I guess in that state, close is opposite of open so better than doing nothing especially if port a bit iced up and needs a second go, but not a great action if cable connected.

An FYI. Just got the 4.2.0 version of the app pushed to my phone from the google android app store.

This is a first as to date I've been downloading the v4 releases via the 'unofficial' apkmirror route as could not get via the app store.

Might be worth Android users checking their app updates if it's not automatic

Ok, I’ve noticed an issue with 4.2.0 on iOS, which I’ve reported via service this morning.

The heated steering wheel option n Climate has disappeared with 4.2.0. I’ve two devices running this version and it’s gone from them, but two others still on 4.1.1 which still offer the option to preheat the steering wheel in the climate settings.

Ok, I’ve noticed an issue with 4.2.0 on iOS, which I’ve reported via service this morning.

The heated steering wheel option n Climate has disappeared with 4.2.0. I’ve two devices running this version and it’s gone from them, but two others still on 4.1.1 which still offer the option to preheat the steering wheel in the climate settings.
Depending on your device, if you look closely at the top right of the screen, you may be able to see the heated steering wheel icon. Someone slipped and flicked the icon into the corner.

Reactions: Burley
51CD5240-93C8-4304-846F-4AF53923C579.jpeg
Depending on your device, if you look closely at the top right of the screen, you may be able to see the heated steering wheel icon. Someone slipped and flicked the icon into the corner.
I really can’t see it..
12951B8A-5CCE-437A-9F46-5B2958EDBC70.jpeg

Previous version (seats look whiter), the icon is really obvious.