Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I tested the full autopilot on the test drive and I would not trust it as far as I could throw the car (suspect that for non trunk roads that this is years away!). Might be OK on motorways however in UK the roads,
It’s not designed for non motorway or dual carriageways, even for those with FSD outside of the NA beta. That will be your problem, trying to use on roads that it is not intended for. Any behaviour on other roads is purely coincidental.

I mean they’ve sold a lot of cars in that period so it’s always going to be the case that more Tesla’s are involved in road incidents.

Is there meaningful correlation to back up what’s being implied?
I would think that this is expressed in % of the fleet, not in absolute value, but I like your interpretation.
By that logic they had a perfect safety score pre-2008, then… 0 Tesla involved in road incidents…

• Funny
Reactions: H43lio and Durzel
From the manual:

Are you sure the washer fluid wasn't just frozen?
I understand the sensor for washer fluid is to be removed from the software stack.
Instead the screen camera will calculate the amount of fluid that appears on the screen during each squirt and subtract it from the size of the Jerry can of screenwash that it saw you fill the reservoir from…

I would think that this is expressed in % of the fleet, not in absolute value, but I like your interpretation.
By that logic they had a perfect safety score pre-2008, then… 0 Tesla involved in road incidents…
But it’s not expressed in %. That’s my point. It says there was an uptick, then states a value with no comparison or correlation to anything else.

Last edited:
Tesla did stop reporting their passive safety data shortly after they dropped the radar. I recall reading back then that it was suspicious, so while not exactly a smoking gun on the actual numbers, it’s a bit of a coincidence given they had previously used numbers to show car safety.

I understand the sensor for washer fluid is to be removed from the software stack.
Instead the screen camera will calculate the amount of fluid that appears on the screen during each squirt and subtract it from the size of the Jerry can of screenwash that it saw you fill the reservoir from…
Not true.
They're removing the windscreen - lots of components gone then. ;)

Reactions: thax1
No positivity, it’s not allowed, it will be terrible. We have had 119 pages of how terrible it is going to be. They’ll have to retrofit. Am I rite? 🤣

On a serious note, if it really does work as well as in the video consistently, then it may well be a £100m/year advantage they have over their competitors for now. Well done, 6 months late but well done none the less.