Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, visibility often improves in built up areas and then decreases out on the rural roads. It's not uncommon to find patchy fog here at all, so I can understand the frustration of no quick setting.

I've not used fog lights since the update, so I have not yet seen the issue myself.

Overall, I do like the update. But I do agree more customisation is needed.

The colour icons is a trend thing, they are in fashion again and so I'm not surprised they are back. It may also be why some people think it's a step back and some a step forward, these "improvements" go around in phases. When everything is colour icons, minimalist icons will become the next new thing again.

I was really keen to have this feature, but I do agree that the blind spot camera view is pretty distracting... I'm going to leave it on for a bit to see if I make use of it...
It does have one big benefit for me: In the past I found it very easy to leave my turn signal going accidentally, because the little green icon is so small, and the clicking far too quiet. Now, the big camera view is much harder to miss!

I find the blind spot picture is sort of useful but not so much at night as the indicator 'bulbs' floods the picture with the orange indicator glow.
I miss the trip card - it was handy to keep visible, now not so handy replacing the map display.
Not figured out the 'auto' seat heater yet - the control seems to be greyed out.

I wonder if we'll get a series of update 'fixes' for the complaints with the control moves once all the complaints have been totted up.

Reactions: Llama.
i think the blind spot feature is pretty useful in town centre traffic, particularly when you are stationary at a junction/lights to keep an eye out for cyclists etc coming up the nearside.

I compared the blind spot view to my mirror and found it doesn’t show any more than the mirror does. At least the position I have my mirrors in.

Plus I‘ve been a motorcyclist for 30 years and shoulder checks are ingrainEd in me, so it’s staying off in my car.

Reactions: guru1
I compared the blind spot view to my mirror and found it doesn’t show any more than the mirror does. At least the position I have my mirrors in.

Plus I‘ve been a motorcyclist for 30 years and shoulder checks are ingrainEd in me, so it’s staying off in my car.
Suma mirrors fixed the blind spots for me. They give an amazing field of view, but there's no replacement for over the shoulder checks.

I had a long trip yesterday and really was getting agitated at some points not being able to intuitively find things. The screen misted up and genuinely panicked not knowing where the de mister was. The blind spot thing is good in principle, but in practice more risky taking your eyes off the road, moving your hand, then last second checking to double check what the camera says. Wipers, still random super fast wipes at times.

I don’t like the new display, don’t think it is as nice as the previous. I miss the trip and the tyre pressures. Also felt the climate menu was annoying, including going into sync randomly. The charging menu not as good - I liked the big charging view now it’s small! Also, the map itself isn’t as good - the charge state end of trip isn’t as easy to see and the charge point finder isn’t like before :( the map seemed slower to me for some reason

Sentry was off yesterday. Left the car in a small car park and wanted the footage to look at - couldn’t find the menu to look at it before leaving the car park! So annoying!

I think it’s a step back… I was just getting used to the last one!

Positives are sonic (controller needed), sentry live (camera quality doesn’t seem great), and…hmmmm…can’t really think of much else :((

Can one do a windows and go back to a previous version

Reactions: Alistairuk
Whilst we have our rulers out...😀

The speedo font in V11 is a bit smaller than the previous version (10mm vs 11mm high). This reduction is nowhere near as big as we saw in the December 2020 UI change (2020.48.12.1 to 2020.48.26 saw a 25% reduction), but it is still heading in the wrong direction. Having said that, I prefer the new location i.e. up closer to the top right of the screen, so overall a small improvement for me.

View attachment 747850
And in your normal seated position with both hands on the wheel you hand an unimpressed view of the speed display? I don’tl

There‘s far too much focus of gimmicks and things we can’t use while driving. Would have been much better to have the interface change depending on whether you’re driving or parked. For the former, bigger speed display, easy access to all lights and HVAC etc, better placement of blind spot screen. Then when parked, easy access to all the other stuff.

Driving in the fog last night in my SR+, having the fog lights looked to be a very necessary option as dip doesn't penetrate at all. Do the fog lights help? I may Ebay some and hard wire them in. Pity Tesla don't offer the service or at least have a pay to enable service.
Mines an SR+ too. So only have rear.

As others have said, the fog we get in my part of the country can be very thick out in the rural areas, but quite clear when driving through towns/villages. Hence why an easy/quick “button” is needed.

It used to be right under the headlight controls in main menu screen. Now it isn’t, and they put child locks there instead?!

I suppose I should just be thankful that it’s not foggy that often.

Apart from the fogs and the trip disappearing from where the blond spot view now is, I like the new UI.

I like how the dark mode is much more usable in the daytime, compared to night mode in the last version.