Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An interesting article released by The Drive, speculating that the 75Ds that were actually shipped with 85kw battery packs (consumers unknowing) are the ones they suspect are not eligible. Have any 75D owners that have been told no gotten underneath their cars to see if they indeed actually have an 85? No mention of the magical fuse...

Tesla Updates Software in Older Vehicles to Shave a Full Second Off 0-60 Times
No, that is definitely not the case. There was only a small number of 75 shipped with 85, and I believe they were all in Europe.

• Informative
Reactions: Windy City S
An interesting article released by The Drive, speculating that the 75Ds that were actually shipped with 85kw battery packs (consumers unknowing) are the ones they suspect are not eligible. Have any 75D owners that have been told no gotten underneath their cars to see if they indeed actually have an 85? No mention of the magical fuse...

Tesla Updates Software in Older Vehicles to Shave a Full Second Off 0-60 Times
Yeah, pretty sure that's not the case. The batteries are pretty clearly labelled which is how people found out that a few cars (six and all in Norway at the time) had larger batteries. We never really heard much about those cars since then and nobody has reported on more cars like that appearing. The article was just speculating based on the timing of when these cars appeared (July 2017) that it could be related since that's around the same time they bumped the speed down for new cars, but it seems pretty unlikely.

An interesting article released by The Drive, speculating that the 75Ds that were actually shipped with 85kw battery packs (consumers unknowing) are the ones they suspect are not eligible.
This article is soooooo wrong. Some European cars got the BTX8 85kW battery. We know there were hundreds because you can track the inventory models on sites like EV-CPO. But we track some in the Updated Performance Metrics. They do get uncorked and are the fasted 75Ds anywhere.

Just got comfirmation from Fremont that my May 2017 S75D build with VIN 201xxx will have the "Battery Uncorked" when I take it into the Toronto Service Centre next time. I took it in two weeks ago for its first 20,000 km check and they said NO, but an email to Frement and some return calls changed the answer this week. I am very pleased having had an uncorked loaner which is how I knew the performance was a big difference.

Reactions: jjh1234
I was told my 60d->75d was ineligible when I scheduled my first annual service a few months ago. When I picked it up today, they told me it had been uncorked. The energy meter still only does up to 200, though. Does that mean it wasn't uncorked after all? The car seems faster, but I'm wondering if it's my imagination.

If you think the car seems faster, but not sure - most likely it's not uncorked. The difference is VERY noticeable. Before uncorking my sunglasses stayed put in the cubby, even when I floored the car. After uncorking they are flying all over the place. Also, after uncorking, this is the first time when I started to get tires grip issues when accelerating from the dead stop, never happened before. Probably need to replace tires at this point...

• Funny
Reactions: phaduman
Squeaky wheel: 10 minutes after my call to schedule my uncorking, and questioning why I hadn’t seen recent upgrades, an upgrade appears! I’m now at 42. Short drives this afternoon and tonight showed small but nice improvements: in stop and go, it doesn’t gap as much. A couple of problematic neighborhood curves were handled successfully. Lane change is again different from .34. Slightly less aggressive, but fine.

Most important to me: the homelink fix! Now I can automatically open both my gate and garage door without problem. (They are in close proximity.)

Was yours a 75 or 75D?
Not one example or mention of a 60D or a 75 being uncorked yet iirc
There is no current example of a S75 RWD being uncorked (I have been desperately following these threads). It seems that a 60D MIGHT be eligible with an upgrade to a 75D, but get a guarantee from Tesla since I won't guarantee your $2k on it.

Yeah, pretty sure that's not the case. The batteries are pretty clearly labelled which is how people found out that a few cars (six and all in Norway at the time) had larger batteries. We never really heard much about those cars since then and nobody has reported on more cars like that appearing. The article was just speculating based on the timing of when these cars appeared (July 2017) that it could be related since that's around the same time they bumped the speed down for new cars, but it seems pretty unlikely.

There are definitely 85kwh batteries in some 75 cars in europe - you can even select on the battery on my tracker. It appears to be a small batch of them for a short period and then it reverted to 75

There are definitely 85kwh batteries in some 75 cars in europe - you can even select on the battery on my tracker. It appears to be a small batch of them for a short period and then it reverted to 75
I wonder if they are degraded 85 packs being repurposed?
If you’ve lost 10% of the old 85 battery that leaves 76.5kWh. You could software lock at 75 and re sell.

I wonder if they are degraded 85 packs being repurposed?
If you’ve lost 10% of the old 85 battery that leaves 76.5kWh. You could software lock at 75 and re sell.
My hunch is simply they had a supply issue and to enable them to keep shipping cars they went the 85s they had in stock. The quarter it occurred Tesla reported issues with battery supply.